Helena Bonham Carter: "Fun" Playing Hermione as Bellatrix in "Deathly Hallows"

Bonham Carter Interviews
Posted by: Edward
February 23, 2010, 12:49 PM

Actress Helena Bonham Carter has given an interview for the Dish Rag Blog on Zap2It.com in which the Bellatrix Lestrange actress spoke briefly of the role of her character in the "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows" films.  Describing Bellatrix as a "horrible... not a cuddly, creature," she goes on to say:

She is sort of Voldemort's right hand woman and she's sadistic and I've killed.  I do really horrible things... I killed Sirius Black ages ago.  I kill Dobby in this one, and I torture Hermione.
Oh, that's what's fun is... I got to pretend to be Hermione because Hermione takes this potion that makes her look like me.  I had to act Hermione pretending to be me...  It was fun being seventeen.
The interview continues with Helena Bonham Carter describing her admiration for the Trio; actors Dan Radcliffe (Harry Potter), Emma Watson (Hermione Granger), and Rupert Grint (Ron Weasley); as well as the stores she finds her often unique and offbeat clothes.

The video is available to view here thanks to our amazing Galleries crew.

The first part of "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows" is slated for a November 19th release, while the second part will arrive in theaters on July 15, 2011.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Bonham Carter Interviews News

Films_dh_articles_dhew_15_thumb

i just LOVE her!!! shes an amazing actress and never dssapoints!!!!!!

looking forward to deathly hallows

Posted by harraí on February 23, 2010, 01:03 PM report to moderator
98143829_thumb
1910 Points

I will love this scene!!!

Posted by Jane_Potter on February 23, 2010, 01:04 PM report to moderator
The-moose_thumb

HBC is way nicer than her character lol :D
DH is going to be one awesome but sad movie to go see … I’m so excited already tho :)

Posted by Moose_Starr on February 23, 2010, 01:05 PM report to moderator
Dhonesheet_thumb

I can’t wait to see DH!! Helena is a genius actress. She’s so nice and bubbly in real life, but when she plays Bellatrix she’s pure evil. I love it. It’s going to be very sad to see her torture Hermione (my favorite character). That part was cringe-worthy in the book. And poor Dobby. :(

Posted by cghambright on February 23, 2010, 01:07 PM report to moderator
Naughty_galaxy_thumb

I’m really looking forward to that scene but as I imagine it is going to be in the second film what a long time we will have to wait.

Posted by moglet [ITC!] on February 23, 2010, 01:07 PM report to moderator
Films_dh_articles_dhew_15_thumb

i just LOVE her!!! shes an amazing actress and never dssapoints!!!!!!

looking forward to deathly hallows

Posted by harraí on February 23, 2010, 01:11 PM report to moderator
Ootp_tumblr_thumb

OH MAN!! i didn’t know really until now that this part was going to be in the movies… (i knew the dobby scene was, i saw a pic about that…) but i didn’t know for sure about the torturing of hermione part was going to be in. it was soo intense in the book, it’s going to be difficult for me to watch in theaters in 2011. she’s pretty much my fav character, it’ll be sad for me, but the scene where hbc is acting like hermione whoi s trying to act like her will be fun. next summer can’t come fast enough!

Posted by hermy007 on February 23, 2010, 01:21 PM report to moderator
Mugsp_profile_thumb

Hearing her talk about torturing Hermoine and killing Dobby gave me chills! This is going to be intense! They are making an awesome movie! Ahhh!!

Posted by eiVega on February 23, 2010, 01:23 PM report to moderator
Torbitinglisalittle_thumb

Robbing the bank was my favorite chapter in all the books. I can’t wait to see this on film.

Posted by lisamiamoore on February 23, 2010, 01:27 PM report to moderator

it is great to see an actress eat!

Posted by jain on February 23, 2010, 01:28 PM report to moderator
Photo_on_2010-03-23_at_11

i cant wait for this movie to come out!!!! :) i think its going to be the best movie of the hp series!!

Posted by windycity92 on February 23, 2010, 01:40 PM report to moderator
282337_f260_thumb

Actually, Helena Hermione was well into 18! Her b-day i Sept. 19!

Posted by PensievePlotter on February 23, 2010, 01:58 PM report to moderator

Wow it is cool

Posted by Mew5645 on February 23, 2010, 02:03 PM report to moderator
Hpdh_thumb

malfoy manor and gringotts scenes will be awesome

Posted by ZachBlack [ROAR] on February 23, 2010, 02:15 PM report to moderator
2013-07-19_113504_thumb

So exciting, great interview!

Posted by Want to be a Weasley on February 23, 2010, 02:27 PM report to moderator

"A couple of -- what's this codswollop?"[br]"De -- men -- tors," said Harry slowly and clearly. "Two of them."[br]"And what the ruddy hell are dementors?"[br]"They guard the wizard prison, Azkaban," said Aunt Petunia.