Helena Bonham Carter: "Fun" Playing Hermione as Bellatrix in "Deathly Hallows"

Bonham Carter Interviews
Posted by: Edward
February 23, 2010, 12:49 PM

Actress Helena Bonham Carter has given an interview for the Dish Rag Blog on Zap2It.com in which the Bellatrix Lestrange actress spoke briefly of the role of her character in the "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows" films.  Describing Bellatrix as a "horrible... not a cuddly, creature," she goes on to say:

She is sort of Voldemort's right hand woman and she's sadistic and I've killed.  I do really horrible things... I killed Sirius Black ages ago.  I kill Dobby in this one, and I torture Hermione.
Oh, that's what's fun is... I got to pretend to be Hermione because Hermione takes this potion that makes her look like me.  I had to act Hermione pretending to be me...  It was fun being seventeen.
The interview continues with Helena Bonham Carter describing her admiration for the Trio; actors Dan Radcliffe (Harry Potter), Emma Watson (Hermione Granger), and Rupert Grint (Ron Weasley); as well as the stores she finds her often unique and offbeat clothes.

The video is available to view here thanks to our amazing Galleries crew.

The first part of "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows" is slated for a November 19th release, while the second part will arrive in theaters on July 15, 2011.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Bonham Carter Interviews News

129082117994124154_thumb

I can’t wait to see it!!!!!

Posted by KellBell{ROAR} on February 23, 2010, 02:51 PM report to moderator
Imagescaoyiy8w_thumb

WOW!!! I just want to make it clear that I love Helena as an Actress, I just don’t like the Character she portrays Bellatrix too much!!!!! lol I am looking forward to seeing Deathly Hallows!!!!

Posted by Mistic Willow on February 23, 2010, 02:57 PM report to moderator
Dhcalendar_thumb

OMG, they’re going to put that in!!! The Malfoy Manor part was so intense, i loved it, gosh- THIS IS GOING TO BE AWESOME!!!

Posted by Brianna on February 23, 2010, 02:59 PM report to moderator
Leaky_thumb

HBC is going to nail those scenes. It’ll be brilliant to watch.

Posted by NinnyTreetops on February 23, 2010, 03:00 PM report to moderator
26dfd7603b091fe4c95efaad002edbaa46_thumb

i love helena she is amazing

Posted by LilLadySnape on February 23, 2010, 03:15 PM report to moderator
Emma-watson-as-hermione-granger-in-harry-potter_thumb

Coool I LOVE HARRY POTTER!

Posted by Hermione-Granger on February 23, 2010, 03:30 PM report to moderator
Ron-hermione-romione-3219846-1024-821_thumb

Glad that they are going to include that scene in the movie. It sounds like it is going to be fun and they are going to include Malfoy Manor too. That is going to be an intense scene, along with the scene where she kills Dobby.

Posted by Ron&Hermione-4-ever [ROAR] on February 23, 2010, 03:52 PM report to moderator

helena is so cool :)

Posted by Freya-Storm on February 23, 2010, 04:25 PM report to moderator
Hbp_poster_two_thumb

What a fantastic interview! I look forward to seeing her give her final act as Bellatrix in the last two films. Helena is certainly a talented actress and I am looking forward to watching her contributions to Alice in Wonderland next week!

Posted by Kirk on February 23, 2010, 04:34 PM report to moderator
Hydrangeas_thumb

i ant what to c it on flim

Posted by alicia00 on February 23, 2010, 04:38 PM report to moderator

Her mannerisms were so funny in the interview…just how she talked and the random things she did to show off her clothes when asked about them…and how she was eating throughout the whole thing.
A true sign that she’s a good actress is she talks about her character as if it was her. “I killed Sirius Black ages ago”
I’m really excited to see her as Hermione as Bellatrix. We’ll get to see her interpretation of Emma Watson as Hermione and also her interpretation of a seventeen year old girl.

Posted by gingerr_kat on February 23, 2010, 04:46 PM report to moderator
05230215470101_thumb

I love this part! :D It was so great!

Posted by Gryffipuff! on February 23, 2010, 04:57 PM report to moderator
05230215470101_thumb

In the book I mean, of course!

Posted by Gryffipuff! on February 23, 2010, 04:58 PM report to moderator
S515055255_79825_2635_thumb

i cant wait to see these two scenes. especially the scenes at shell cottage =D

Posted by clever-ravenclaw=] on February 23, 2010, 05:11 PM report to moderator
Ron1_thumb

Yessss! I love Malfoy Manor! I can’t wait for that part!

Posted by Christine on February 23, 2010, 05:19 PM report to moderator

Deliberately causing mayhem in Snape's Potions class was about as safe as poking a sleeping dragon in the eye.

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014