Helena Bonham Carter: "Fun" Playing Hermione as Bellatrix in "Deathly Hallows"

Bonham Carter Interviews
Posted by: Edward
February 23, 2010, 12:49 PM

Actress Helena Bonham Carter has given an interview for the Dish Rag Blog on Zap2It.com in which the Bellatrix Lestrange actress spoke briefly of the role of her character in the "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows" films.  Describing Bellatrix as a "horrible... not a cuddly, creature," she goes on to say:

She is sort of Voldemort's right hand woman and she's sadistic and I've killed.  I do really horrible things... I killed Sirius Black ages ago.  I kill Dobby in this one, and I torture Hermione.
Oh, that's what's fun is... I got to pretend to be Hermione because Hermione takes this potion that makes her look like me.  I had to act Hermione pretending to be me...  It was fun being seventeen.
The interview continues with Helena Bonham Carter describing her admiration for the Trio; actors Dan Radcliffe (Harry Potter), Emma Watson (Hermione Granger), and Rupert Grint (Ron Weasley); as well as the stores she finds her often unique and offbeat clothes.

The video is available to view here thanks to our amazing Galleries crew.

The first part of "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows" is slated for a November 19th release, while the second part will arrive in theaters on July 15, 2011.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Bonham Carter Interviews News

Hufflepuff_lj_100_thumb
1985 Points

excited! it comes out the day! after my bday =)

Posted by jhangelgurl (ITC!) on February 23, 2010, 08:05 PM report to moderator
Tumblr_mhtdm2xtoo1r5souzo7_250_thumb
20981 Points

Helena is going to be amazing in DH! I cant wait to see her be Hermione.

Posted by LunaLuver on February 23, 2010, 08:18 PM report to moderator

She sounds so nice…so unlike her character, lol.

Posted by badger666 on February 23, 2010, 08:38 PM report to moderator
Dorks3xl_thumb

Oh I can’t wait to see this movie. I just know it’s gonna be awesome!

Posted by pixi jo *ROAR* on February 23, 2010, 08:48 PM report to moderator
Choco_dementor_thumb

I can’t wait to see the scene when they break into Gringotts!

Posted by The Half-Blood Lauma' on February 23, 2010, 09:14 PM report to moderator
Harryserioustare_thumb

Wow wow wow, they are going to start talking about all of this stuff now!! That makes me so excited!! Helena is awesome. Nothing else to be said!! Hahaha

Posted by egdillonROAR!!! on February 23, 2010, 09:57 PM report to moderator
Upclose_of_me_thumb

I love her!!! Super excited to see her playing Bellatrix again…. and even more excited to see her act like Hermione! :)

Posted by Half-Blood Princess66[ROAR!] on February 23, 2010, 10:13 PM report to moderator
Img_44501_thumb

so excitinggg!! :D

Posted by mai {beatnik owl} on February 23, 2010, 11:01 PM report to moderator
Buddy_icon_3103_normal_normal_normal_normal_thumb

Ha ha. Horrible …not cuddly creature. She’s hilarious!

I killed Sirius Black ages ago..

HELENA IS AWESOME!

Posted by LoveTomRiddle [ROAR] on February 23, 2010, 11:14 PM report to moderator
Buddy_icon_3103_normal_normal_normal_normal_thumb

In the video, she looked like she was hungry. She’s awesome anyway. I thought she’d be really weird because you know, she dresses really funny, but she sounded so cool!

Posted by LoveTomRiddle [ROAR] on February 23, 2010, 11:26 PM report to moderator
Harry_potter__hbp_promo__3_thumb

Wow,they’re keeping that scene,then? That’s GREAT!!!
Can’t wait to watch!

Posted by forgetmenot_007 on February 24, 2010, 02:45 AM report to moderator
Earthforeverava_thumb

I like Helena as Bellatrix. It will be interesting how she acts as Hermione pretending to be Bellatrix. LOL!

Posted by leigia on February 24, 2010, 04:02 AM report to moderator
_42431690_luna_imagenet_gall_thumb

Did anyone get the shops’ names? I couldn’t hear properly.They were anthropology,noah noah,coleen natwood? then tablet? and something else.

Posted by lunalovegoodfan on February 24, 2010, 06:30 AM report to moderator

I remember reading that she had some misgivings on taking the part when she was first approached to do it. I recall JKR told her something along the lines of there being more of the character in the last book. Glad to see it seems to have paid off for her.

Posted by zoltan42 on February 24, 2010, 07:06 AM report to moderator
Rose1_thumb

You’re great Helena! Love her! <3

Posted by Liara on February 24, 2010, 10:30 AM report to moderator

The others moved in closer around Harry, gazing at the orb as he brushed it free of the clogging dust.[br]And then, from right behind them, a drawling voice said, "Very good, Potter. Now turn around, nice and slowly, and give that to me."