"Deathly Hallows" Split Rumors: Malfoy Manor Sequence to be in Part Two?

DH Film
Posted by: Edward
February 24, 2010, 12:26 AM

As a follow up to our report earlier today, actress Helena Bonham Carter has given further detail about her turn as Hermione Granger playing Bellatrix Lestrage in the "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows" films.  A new interview from MTV has appeared online in which the actress comments on the placement of the Malfoy Manor sequence in the final films, relating that her appearance comes in Part Two.  MTV reports:

The scene itself falls near the middle of the "Deathly Hallows" novel — but Bonham Carter's next statement might shed some important light on where the books will be split, a point on which the "Potter" crew have been elusive.
"I can't remember where they are going to cut," she explained, then remembered. "Yeah, [the scene is] definitely in the second one, because all of my stuff is in the second one. So you won't see me until 2011."
The report continues with additional quotes from Ms. Bonham Carter about her experience playing Hermione acting as Bellatrix during the Gringotts Break In sequence, as well as the reasoning behind this decision.  Quoteage:
After J.K. Rowling wrote the scene in the final "Potter" book, the film series' producers were faced with a difficult question: Was it preferable to use makeup and CGI to make Watson look like Bonham Carter, or have the older actress act like the younger?
"Rather than put Emma Watson in a helluva load of make-up they just said, 'Now you go act like Hermione,' " Bonham Carter said of their decision. "That was fun, because I always wanted to be Hermione.  "It was great fun," she said of the scene. "[I was] looking at Dan [Radcliffe] and Rupert [Grint] and they were treating me as if I was 17."
A clip of the interview is available to watch here.  To date, no official word has been released regarding where exactly the two "Deathly Hallows" films will be split.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent DH Film News

Hpdh_thumb

would be super suspenseful to end right at the snatchers scene

Posted by ZachBlack [ROAR] on February 24, 2010, 12:40 AM report to moderator
Me_and_dan_orig_thumb

Yes, I agree. I heard a few rumours that it would be at the end of the snatchers scene.

Posted by GinnyPotter811 on February 24, 2010, 12:46 AM report to moderator

The snatchers would definitely be suspenseful, but it’s more likely that they’ll cut just after the silver doe. It gives a feeling of resolution and a bit of a triumph since Ron is back, the locket is destroyed, and they’ve finally gotten the sword.

Posted by mochakat on February 24, 2010, 12:49 AM report to moderator
Photo_540_thumb

It’s going to be rough to wait for the second installment to come out after the first just…ends. haha So glad it’s in 2 parts, though. I can’t even imagine how difficult it would be if they only made it into 1 movie.

Posted by FijiSunrise. on February 24, 2010, 12:52 AM report to moderator
Photo_540_thumb

Posted by FijiSunrise. on February 24, 2010, 12:52 AM report to moderator

Ugh. No! The most logical, best for the storytelling split for DH is after Harry decides “Horcruxes, not Hallows.” Right after Dobby’s burial.

I’m going to take Helena’s comment as pertaining only to the Hermione bit. The way she’s quoted it seems that’s what she’s saying. To cut at the Snatchers is a bit cheap, I think. It gets the cliffhanger, but it’s not a tonal thread’s end.

Posted by RumourBuster3000 on February 24, 2010, 12:59 AM report to moderator
Icon_thumb

Ever since they announced a 2-part DH movie, I have said the perfect place to cut would be right after Ron uses the deluminator in the tent…all goes black and you hear Fenrir say “Come out we have you surrounded”. Of course I don’t know if they will be captured in the tent or not, but it’s still the place to end the first half. Then the second part will start with them being take to Malfoy Manor with plenty of time for Shell Cottage, Gringotts and Hogwarts.

Posted by realspace on February 24, 2010, 01:02 AM report to moderator

I wanted the cut to be right after Ron comes back in chapter 19, but then we wouldn’t know what the Deathly Hallows were until the second part. Yates or Heyman said the end of part one would be suspenseful, so I took it for granted that right as the snatchers arrive is where they would cut it.

Posted by Lily Phoenix on February 24, 2010, 01:20 AM report to moderator
Buddy_icon_3103_normal_normal_normal_normal_thumb

Awesome! I was close! My first prediction for the split was right after Malfoy Manor.

Posted by LoveTomRiddle [ROAR] on February 24, 2010, 02:20 AM report to moderator
Buddy_icon_3103_normal_normal_normal_normal_thumb

Helena Rocks!

Posted by LoveTomRiddle [ROAR] on February 24, 2010, 02:23 AM report to moderator
Harry_potter__hbp_promo__3_thumb

Can’t wait to watch the movies! SUPER EXCITED!!! :-D

Posted by forgetmenot_007 on February 24, 2010, 02:48 AM report to moderator
Presentation1_normal_thumb

Can’t wait. HElena rocks. Can’t wait to see her act like Hermione.

Posted by chRiStiNe [(ROAR)] on February 24, 2010, 03:12 AM report to moderator
Earthforeverava_thumb

I don’t really care on where they split the book, as long as it makes sense.

BTW, great interview from Helena. Her comment about using the wand from the clip was funny.

Posted by leigia on February 24, 2010, 04:12 AM report to moderator
Ron-hermione-romione-3219846-1024-821_thumb

Ironically it had been rumored that the split would occur right before Malfoy Manor scene anyways, so all she did was confirm the rumor that I had heard a while back. But that is cool!

Posted by Ron&Hermione-4-ever [ROAR] on February 24, 2010, 05:32 AM report to moderator
98143829_thumb
1910 Points

Great!!

Posted by Jane_Potter on February 24, 2010, 06:32 AM report to moderator

"That was a disarming charm... yes, an excellent idea to show them that, Professor Snape, but if you don't mind my saying so, it was very obvious what you were about to do. If I had wanted to stop you it would have been only too easy -- however, I felt it

Issue 28 - Apr. 2014