"Deathly Hallows" Split Rumors: Malfoy Manor Sequence to be in Part Two?

DH Film
Posted by: Edward
February 24, 2010, 12:26 AM

As a follow up to our report earlier today, actress Helena Bonham Carter has given further detail about her turn as Hermione Granger playing Bellatrix Lestrage in the "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows" films.  A new interview from MTV has appeared online in which the actress comments on the placement of the Malfoy Manor sequence in the final films, relating that her appearance comes in Part Two.  MTV reports:

The scene itself falls near the middle of the "Deathly Hallows" novel — but Bonham Carter's next statement might shed some important light on where the books will be split, a point on which the "Potter" crew have been elusive.
"I can't remember where they are going to cut," she explained, then remembered. "Yeah, [the scene is] definitely in the second one, because all of my stuff is in the second one. So you won't see me until 2011."
The report continues with additional quotes from Ms. Bonham Carter about her experience playing Hermione acting as Bellatrix during the Gringotts Break In sequence, as well as the reasoning behind this decision.  Quoteage:
After J.K. Rowling wrote the scene in the final "Potter" book, the film series' producers were faced with a difficult question: Was it preferable to use makeup and CGI to make Watson look like Bonham Carter, or have the older actress act like the younger?
"Rather than put Emma Watson in a helluva load of make-up they just said, 'Now you go act like Hermione,' " Bonham Carter said of their decision. "That was fun, because I always wanted to be Hermione.  "It was great fun," she said of the scene. "[I was] looking at Dan [Radcliffe] and Rupert [Grint] and they were treating me as if I was 17."
A clip of the interview is available to watch here.  To date, no official word has been released regarding where exactly the two "Deathly Hallows" films will be split.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent DH Film News

Hydrangeas_thumb

ohh soo thats the [art thats going ot be split into 2 cool thats what i thought it was going to be

Posted by alicia00 on February 24, 2010, 06:41 AM report to moderator
User170224_pic7538_1238947280_thumb

Ahhhh suspense!!!!

Posted by Peace.Love.Potter ♥ on February 24, 2010, 07:12 AM report to moderator
Ron1_thumb

So basically they cut where the Snatchers catch them? Because then that leads to Malfoy Manor in Part Two. I’m happy with that. But it still seems like they have a lot more to do in the second part. Makes me worried…

Posted by Christine on February 24, 2010, 07:49 AM report to moderator
Burtondeppavvie_thumb

It would have been terrible if they hadn’t let Helena be Hermione! They definitely made the right choice there :D

I’m sad that we won’t see Bellatrix at all in the first one.. I guess it makes sense though.

Posted by Linnyish on February 24, 2010, 08:02 AM report to moderator
Wand_thumb

I think that the split will be just as the snatchers are outside the tent. That would be a very good place to split but also VERY annoying for the audience!

Posted by #1 Witch ROAR! on February 24, 2010, 08:30 AM report to moderator
Thecave_thumb

This rumor has been around for some time now. However, when it comes time to edit the film together (which I’m sure that is where they are now in production), they may decide to change it. This is why I’m not getting too excited about it.

The best part of that MTV video is Anne Hathaway asking Carter if they get to pick their own wands. Hehe.

Posted by mollywobble on February 24, 2010, 08:47 AM report to moderator
018734281a3970190750b972929570l_normal_thumb

Great interview, oh I’m so excited! Ahhhhh after the Snatchers is my bet

Posted by KiwiMcI on February 24, 2010, 09:03 AM report to moderator

I thought it would be right when Dobby dies, but i was still close

Posted by madman1277 on February 24, 2010, 09:03 AM report to moderator
Marrow_normal_normal_small_thumb

I really hope they’ll be bold enough to leave part one on a cliff hanger1

Posted by nellythemarrow on February 24, 2010, 09:05 AM report to moderator
Toby_metal_thumb

does sound like silver doe to me, it makes the most sense and that way part 2 starts off with a bang, though i do hope this doesnt cut into the battle of hogwarts, we dont want to see voldy running unopposed through the school or anything cough hbp*cough*

Posted by splinch on February 24, 2010, 09:12 AM report to moderator
Harry_potter_025-copy_thumb

this goes to support the theory I’ve had for a while (and it seems others have too), that the cut will be right after the snatcher scene. and then the second will open up on malfoy manor- which you can’t deny would give some lovely opening shots.

i have a hard time seeing them cut it right at the silver doe- it leaves no real suspense or reason to come back. and they’ve already said it’s going to be a cliffhanger cut.

the other view i’ve had of the cut has been when they’re actually at the malfoy manor and stuck in the cellar already. maybe awfully after hermione’s been taking to be tortured and ron is stuck in cellar yelling after her. it kind of guts my heart to think about that.

whoever said the dobby split is the best- this is true, this is the true split of the book, but if the movie cuts out after the snatchers, that means it basically opens at dobby’s death- so in essence this is still the split. i suppose it’s also possible to cut it right at dobby’s death. how awful.

i think they haven’t given an actual release yet, 1, because that’s just no fun, and 2, because i think they are thinking about cutting it somewhere from the snatchers to dobby’s death, and they’re just not sure where exactly in there it’s going to work best cinematically

Posted by Rinny on February 24, 2010, 09:17 AM report to moderator
Sea-otter_thumb

Oh gosh I’m so excited to see that sequence, its a huge climactic scene so imagine if its right at the beginning of the movie! Talk about getting off to a heart pumping start! I don’t want to wait for it though! aaahhhh!!!

Posted by BookNookKara on February 24, 2010, 10:01 AM report to moderator
Natalieportman14_thumb

“And they really think you’re going to use it.”

Helena Bonham Carter is amazing and so funny!

Posted by Tassana Burrfoot on February 24, 2010, 10:04 AM report to moderator

Part I can’t end when they are caught by the snatchers because it’s too exciting. That’s like an stupid advert break but not for a half-year break. The best end would be Dobby’s burial with the decision horcruxes not hallows. They did film Shell cottage last May. Why should they film it so early if it’s not in part I?

Posted by ginnyshiel on February 24, 2010, 11:10 AM report to moderator
-_owl_post_-_thumb

Ok, I agree that the split might happen right at the snatcher scene, but I am confused about something else she said. Helena mentine ALL her stuff would be in 2011 (part two)… is she confused? or does that mean that they either cut the opening sequence at the Malfoy Mannor or she is not in it? I would think that if they have that scene she would be in it, right? I think she might be confused. I mean, they HAVE to have the opening scene with Voldemort and the Death Eaters!

Posted by Felipe on February 24, 2010, 11:14 AM report to moderator

"I'm -- er -- not supposed ter do magic, strictly speakin'."