"Deathly Hallows" Split Rumors: Malfoy Manor Sequence to be in Part Two?

DH Film
Posted by: Edward
February 24, 2010, 12:26 AM

As a follow up to our report earlier today, actress Helena Bonham Carter has given further detail about her turn as Hermione Granger playing Bellatrix Lestrage in the "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows" films.  A new interview from MTV has appeared online in which the actress comments on the placement of the Malfoy Manor sequence in the final films, relating that her appearance comes in Part Two.  MTV reports:

The scene itself falls near the middle of the "Deathly Hallows" novel — but Bonham Carter's next statement might shed some important light on where the books will be split, a point on which the "Potter" crew have been elusive.
"I can't remember where they are going to cut," she explained, then remembered. "Yeah, [the scene is] definitely in the second one, because all of my stuff is in the second one. So you won't see me until 2011."
The report continues with additional quotes from Ms. Bonham Carter about her experience playing Hermione acting as Bellatrix during the Gringotts Break In sequence, as well as the reasoning behind this decision.  Quoteage:
After J.K. Rowling wrote the scene in the final "Potter" book, the film series' producers were faced with a difficult question: Was it preferable to use makeup and CGI to make Watson look like Bonham Carter, or have the older actress act like the younger?
"Rather than put Emma Watson in a helluva load of make-up they just said, 'Now you go act like Hermione,' " Bonham Carter said of their decision. "That was fun, because I always wanted to be Hermione.  "It was great fun," she said of the scene. "[I was] looking at Dan [Radcliffe] and Rupert [Grint] and they were treating me as if I was 17."
A clip of the interview is available to watch here.  To date, no official word has been released regarding where exactly the two "Deathly Hallows" films will be split.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent DH Film News

Deathly-hallows-symbol-harry-potter-and-the-deathly-hallows-564456_1422_1545_thumb

I don’t care when it’s split, as long as it’s good.!

Posted by Nwrosey on February 24, 2010, 03:13 PM report to moderator

Face it. It doesn’t matter where they cut it. No one is going to see the first one then refuse to see the second because they didn’t like where it was cut.

Posted by jeannemclROAR on February 24, 2010, 03:17 PM report to moderator
Magic-book_thumb

I am so excited!! I not only want to see Malfoy manor but I can’t wait to see the break out from Gringotts, Aberforth, Snape’s memory’s, Bill and Fluer’s wedding, th battle of Hogwarts, and the part where they are taking Harry to the Burrow. I mean the movie is definetly going to be a bit scary but who cares!! After all, we get to see them 19 years later in the epilouge!!

Posted by Dreamer on February 24, 2010, 03:19 PM report to moderator
Magic-book_thumb

I also forgot to mention when Kreacher goes nice! And when they break into the Ministry of Magic and save all the muggle-borns!!!

Posted by Dreamer on February 24, 2010, 03:21 PM report to moderator
Xz5jc2nr_thumb
22044 Points

Cool! Interesting… XD

Mr_bean__thumb

i love her :)

Posted by hermionenluna TZS ROAR! on February 24, 2010, 03:59 PM report to moderator

Woot!
Can’t wait to see where they actually split it.

Posted by CatAlly on February 24, 2010, 04:50 PM report to moderator
Hp-trio-dhx_thumb

Interesting,i think it’d be a good splitting point,would make a nice cliffhanger XD

Posted by xxIBelieveInNarglesxx on February 24, 2010, 04:55 PM report to moderator
Hbp_poster_two_thumb

Many thanks to her for furnishing us with this information that I am not exactly sure whether Warner Brothers would want her to disclose! Based on this information we can deduce that the break between the two films will likely fall sometime between Ron’s return in the Silver Doe sequence or the Snatchers kidnapping them and taking them to Malfoy Manor. Based on the fact that the movie is titled Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, I believe they will incorporate Xenophilus’s explanation of what they actually are at the least. Therefore, I am inclined toward the movie beginning immediately with the sequence at Malfoy Manor.

Posted by Kirk on February 24, 2010, 05:11 PM report to moderator
Magic-book_thumb

I know I already posted 2 coments but I mean this is sooo cool!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have stayed on here for 2 days straight to see if there was any other news on this but there wasn’t so I just logged off and now I am back on! :)

Posted by Dreamer on February 24, 2010, 05:23 PM report to moderator
Keep_calm_thumb

yay!!

Posted by Narglesarereal on February 24, 2010, 05:39 PM report to moderator
Tumblr_m0hexavzz21qb3do9o6_250_normal_thumb

I dunno why but I’m getting a feeling they’re gonna cut it right after the snatchers yell at Hary Ron and Hermione to come out of the tent because they are caught. That would be an EPIC cliffhanger!

Posted by Owana Potter on February 24, 2010, 06:02 PM report to moderator
Hermione_thumb

Bellatrix is an awesome character, evil but awesome.
That recent unknown construction in Swinley Forest could be Malfoy Manor, makes sense if they are still filming that it is in the second half.

Posted by Fawkes1706 on February 24, 2010, 06:08 PM report to moderator
Hermione_thumb

I think they may leave us hanging too, it will be torturous!

Posted by Fawkes1706 on February 24, 2010, 06:10 PM report to moderator
3_thumb

That’s Awesome!

Posted by Lovegood.Luna on February 24, 2010, 06:19 PM report to moderator

"Longbottom?" repeated Bellatrix, and a truly evil smile lit her gaunt face. "Why, I have had the pleasure of meeting your parents, boy..."[br]"I DOE YOU HAB!" roared Neville, and he fought so hard against his captor's encircling grip that the Death Eater