"Deathly Hallows" Split Rumors: Malfoy Manor Sequence to be in Part Two?

DH Film
Posted by: Edward
February 24, 2010, 12:26 AM

As a follow up to our report earlier today, actress Helena Bonham Carter has given further detail about her turn as Hermione Granger playing Bellatrix Lestrage in the "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows" films.  A new interview from MTV has appeared online in which the actress comments on the placement of the Malfoy Manor sequence in the final films, relating that her appearance comes in Part Two.  MTV reports:

The scene itself falls near the middle of the "Deathly Hallows" novel — but Bonham Carter's next statement might shed some important light on where the books will be split, a point on which the "Potter" crew have been elusive.
"I can't remember where they are going to cut," she explained, then remembered. "Yeah, [the scene is] definitely in the second one, because all of my stuff is in the second one. So you won't see me until 2011."
The report continues with additional quotes from Ms. Bonham Carter about her experience playing Hermione acting as Bellatrix during the Gringotts Break In sequence, as well as the reasoning behind this decision.  Quoteage:
After J.K. Rowling wrote the scene in the final "Potter" book, the film series' producers were faced with a difficult question: Was it preferable to use makeup and CGI to make Watson look like Bonham Carter, or have the older actress act like the younger?
"Rather than put Emma Watson in a helluva load of make-up they just said, 'Now you go act like Hermione,' " Bonham Carter said of their decision. "That was fun, because I always wanted to be Hermione.  "It was great fun," she said of the scene. "[I was] looking at Dan [Radcliffe] and Rupert [Grint] and they were treating me as if I was 17."
A clip of the interview is available to watch here.  To date, no official word has been released regarding where exactly the two "Deathly Hallows" films will be split.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent DH Film News

34903_1465127064332_1118181956_31366985_5699589_n_thumb

Wouldn’t it be cool if some theatres reopened DH1, and played them back to back with DH2 opening.

Posted by Madeye Carl on February 24, 2010, 11:28 PM report to moderator
Buddy_icon_3103_normal_normal_normal_normal_thumb

Ha ha “Helluva”

Posted by LoveTomRiddle [ROAR] on February 24, 2010, 11:54 PM report to moderator
Emma-watson-as-hermione-granger-in-harry-potter_thumb

When they said that they were cutting the harry potter and the hallows movie into 2 parts, i was so happy. But I always thought it would be great for them to end the first part right after Ron uses the deluminator in the tent and everything would go black and you could hear Fenrir say “Come out we have you surrounded.” That would have been sooo cool and super suspensful! Then the second part would start with the trio being taken to Malfoy Manor. But still you never know. OH and by the way HELENA BONHAM CARTER ROCKS!!!!

Posted by Hermione-Granger on February 25, 2010, 04:13 AM report to moderator
Me_thumb

Isn’t she on the first few chapters where Voldemort is teasing her about Lupin and Tonks getting married? Or was she not part of that scene?

Posted by alegria35 on February 25, 2010, 04:37 AM report to moderator
S515055255_79825_2635_thumb

i just hope part one doesnt end at a really good part of the book

Posted by clever-ravenclaw=] on February 25, 2010, 09:15 AM report to moderator
Mr

Why would they ever have even thought that they should have Emma Watson playing Bellatrix, for the bank scene? Did someone forget how polyjuice potion is supposed to work?

Posted by Mr. Stratford on February 25, 2010, 09:53 AM report to moderator
Ootp_tumblr_thumb

amen to that, decarus. it would probably rip my heart out. that’s an interesting take on where the split might be. for a while, i assumed, like others, that the split would be when snatchers are outside their tent. but now, i’m not so sure. it’s possible that split might be after malfoy manor. i have a feeling that hbc simply forgot and the dark lord ascending scene will be in there. real disappointment if it didn’t end up being there.

Posted by hermy007 on February 25, 2010, 01:12 PM report to moderator
Emma_watson_polyvore_thumb

This is going to be awesome! I cannot wait!!!!!!!!!!!

Littleburrow_thumb

Well the quote from the article was we are filming a scene today where the trio are captured and being questioned by snatchers. The snatchers aren’t too bright and haven’t figured out who they’ve got, or something like that. That means to me that it will be after the proper capture of the trio. Also they will not be in their tent when they are captured. They will be running from the Lovegood’s house through the forest around them in a battle/chase/ending in capture.

It is all one long day starting with the visit to the Lovegood’s house and ending at Shell Cottage. All of the scenes: Lovegood’s, Snatcher chase and capture, Malfoy Manor, Shell Cottage, Dobby burial, Trio speaks to Ollivander and Griphook will all happen on the same day. There will be no time in between those scenes. The film will split sometime during them, but there will be no it’s been a few weeks in between them.

I think that at some point during this they are going to be flashing to Voldemort looking for the wand. My hope is they move up the moment when Voldemort actually gains the elder wand from Dumbledore’s tomb and have that be the end of Part 1. I have no proof that they will do this. I just think that it would be a good ending and yet still a crazy cliffhanger. They may end with just Voldemort finding out where the wand is and then still have him gaining the elder wand at the beginning of Part 2. We will see.

Can’t you just see it though? Voldemort breaks open Dumbledore’s tomb and gains the elder wand creepy smile. The end. Come on.

Posted by decarus on February 25, 2010, 02:44 PM report to moderator
Images_thumb

I thought we already knew where the split would be?

Helena Bonham Carter is going to be fantastic!

Posted by CarinaPotter (ROAR!) on February 25, 2010, 05:31 PM report to moderator
Littleburrow_thumb

As far as i am concerned we do know where the split is, but a lot of people keep saying that it is going to be after Dobby’s death which i think they have stated on multiple occasions that will not be so. They may change their minds during editing. I think that unlikely. I think you have to make that decision while you are still filming, but who knows.

I also can’t really imagine them flashing to Voldemort during the Malfoy Manor scene. It will somehow take away from the action of that scene to be showing Voldemort getting the wand. I think they should flash to them the second they push their dark marks and he starts flying towards them, but that should be after they figure out that the trio hasn’t been in Bellatrix’s vault and after the boys are already moving through the room trying to get Hermione away from Bellatrix.

I would love for Luna to take part in the action here. I think that someone mentioned that. I think it unlikely only because she is not in the photos of everyone on the beach. She is running towards the group with Bill instead of kneeling with those who had just disapparated from Malfoy Manor. That is one of my disappointments with this series, in that they don’t let the kids get their battle on enough. Hopefully DH will make up for that lack in other films. I think it might. We have seen a lot of great action going on.

Posted by decarus on February 25, 2010, 06:52 PM report to moderator
Niagara-falls-rainbow_thumb

Thank you Ms. Carter for that bit of information!

Posted by Kiralay (ROAR) on February 25, 2010, 10:48 PM report to moderator
Lljkl_thumb

I still think the best split would be malfway manor cellar… Hermione screaming in pain… Ron yelling up to her… CRACK! Black screen. Dobby: dobby has come to save Harry potter sir!

Posted by Bob1022 on February 25, 2010, 11:13 PM report to moderator
27449_741429332_4382_s_thumb

I hope they are longer than the rest of the movies and just as good, its hard enough waiting for the second half.

Posted by DimitraRomanov19 on February 25, 2010, 11:34 PM report to moderator

Ugg! I wish it would be all one movie. I’ll have to wait two years for the whole movie to come out! Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Posted by ☻Writer Witch☻ on February 28, 2010, 09:22 PM report to moderator

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014

"I'd hate to see what the Ministry'd do to [i]me[/i] if I blew up an aunt. Mind you, they'd have to dig me up first, because Mum would've killed me."