More from Ciaran Hinds on "the Unheard of Dumbledore" in "Deathly Hallows"

Actor Interviews
Posted by: Edward
February 26, 2010, 06:23 PM

There are a pair of new interviews online with actor Ciaran Hinds, who is set to portray the character of Aberforth Dumbledore in the upcoming "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows" films, in which more is revealed about his involvement in the production.  FIrst, Collider has a video interview online in which Mr. Hinds discusses the time he spent on set, his knowledge of the role and books before filming, and his experience working with the cast.  Noting that he "did about five days work on [the film]," he related he felt "honored to join the Harry Potter club" and be associated with the films.  Calling his Aberforth "the unheard of Dumbledore," Hinds went on to speak about the kind of "genuinely fantastic" prosthetics used to transform his visage into one resembling being a part of the Dumbledore family.

A second interview comes courtesy of MovieWeb.com focuses more on the experience Mr. Hinds had while filming for the "Deathly Hallows" film. Quoteage:
What has it been like to play Aberforth in the Harry Potter films?
Ciarán Hinds: He is not in it for very long. I must warn you. Again, it was a great thrill just to be in it. He's not that involved in the story. I think he comes in near the very end, where he comes in and saves the gang from being torn apart by Dementors. He actually explains to Harry and Hermione, and Ron, the history of his brother when they were young. Even though he's gotten a few black marks for his behavior. They go through the whole cycle of it. But I'm not sure where that is going to be added to the story. It was a mystery to me why I was thrown into the pot. When I took a look at all of the other actors there, I have to say...I was very thrilled to be a part of it. I don't even know if you'll be able to recognize me in this. Hopefully I will look like Michael Gambon's younger brother. It was great fun to play.
What was it like to step onto that set for the first time?
Ciarán Hinds: It all looked pretty crazy. My major scene took place in a small room. It was a room under the pub that he ran. It was very much contained, the scene that I had to do. Then I had to shoot for two more days, where they had me running around this huge set. It had been ripped apart in a Morlock battle. It was covered with people running around waving a wand in a certain direction. That was the mad part of it that I just had one day on. Last January. Most of the stuff I did in the film was contained in a small room.
Many thanks to Snitch Seeker for the info!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Actor Interviews News

Avatardeathlyhallows_thumb

I don’t know this actor, but looking at his face… he could’ve played Albus too, if they made him look older!

Posted by Prosophules on February 27, 2010, 10:43 AM report to moderator
Hbp_poster_two_thumb

I think, based on the recent appearances he has made in the media, that he will do the character justice and I look forward to watching him perform.

Posted by Kirk on February 27, 2010, 11:26 AM report to moderator
Wand_thumb

Awesome and cool!

Posted by #1 Witch ROAR! on February 27, 2010, 01:19 PM report to moderator
Eeyorescrollsparky_thumb

I think he’ll be great as Aberforth. I went to the link and tried to watch the interview but it stopped more than it played and his part of it was too quiet to hear well, so I gave up. Maybe there will be a transcript of the interview later?

Posted by Eeyore on February 27, 2010, 03:57 PM report to moderator
User170224_pic7538_1238947280_thumb

Awwww =]

Posted by Peace.Love.Potter ♥ on February 27, 2010, 05:34 PM report to moderator
Hpphotoshop_thumb

I think he would be a great Aberforth!!!!!

Posted by Calum Wilson (RuneDream54) on February 27, 2010, 05:54 PM report to moderator
Buddy_icon_3103_normal_normal_normal_normal_thumb

I think he would be an awesome Aberforth!

Posted by LoveTomRiddle [ROAR] on February 28, 2010, 12:10 AM report to moderator
Earthforeverava_thumb

I’m looking forward to seeing his role in the movie. If he played part in the final battle, hopefully they will not cut his brief scene out.

Posted by leigia on February 28, 2010, 05:31 AM report to moderator

What is a Morlock battle? Could he possibly mean a worlock? Oh well it’s his interview. Am sure he will be a credit to the character and be truly awesome.

Posted by hewy on February 28, 2010, 06:17 AM report to moderator
Thistletopiary_thumb

I’ve admired Mr. Hinds since I saw him in a version of Jane Austen’s “Persuasion” more than a decade ago, as a dashing naval captain. I think he will make a terrific Aberforth. And I hope he was being whimsical when he said “Morlock battle,” because, as we all well know, there Ain’t No Such in HP. X-Men, or something? Anyway, looking forward to seeing a goat or two in the background of his big scene.

Posted by bettb [ITC!] on February 28, 2010, 08:46 AM report to moderator
Avatar1_thumb

I was afraid they wouldn’t shoot Aberforth’s part in the final battle… Thank God they will! Can’t wait to see how he interacts with the trio, and specially with Neville and the other Room Of Requirement refugees to whom he was supposed to had had more contact. Should be great!

Posted by Madam Snape on February 28, 2010, 10:53 PM report to moderator

"How touching..." it hissed. "I always value bravery.... Yes, boy, your parents were brave.... I killed your father first; and he put up a courageous fight... but your mother needn't have died... she was trying to protect you.... Now give me the Stone, un

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014