Jason Isaacs Talks About the Final Acts of "Deathly Hallows"

Isaacs Interviews
Posted by: Edward
February 27, 2010, 01:40 PM

There is a new interview with Jason Isaacs (Lucius Malfoy) with Collider.com online today, in which the actor spoke to the Harry Potter films coming to a close, and his last days on the set.  This interview, which was part of a larger round table discussion at the press junket for Mr. Isaac's upcoming film "The Green Zone," begins with talk of his final days on the set, and his emotional response to knowing this will be the last time he'll film as Lucius.  Quoteage:

Well, it’s very sad for me.  I was already nostalgic for the history of Harry Potter while I was still making it and I knew the end was coming.  It was two film…they made the last book into two films and it was a fantastic experience because everybody’s back…everyone who is left alive that is…and even some of the dead people.  There is nothing greater than sitting around on a Harry Potter set when you’re not filming and listening to the likes of Maggie Smith, Michael Gambon, Bill Nighy and Jim Broadbent tell stories.  And watching everybody crew the scenery up in the few moments you get on screen - trying to out ham each other is magnificent.  This big franchise goes out in an epic way.  But I was always cognisant of the fact that I’d have to pack up my little furry friend of a wig and stick it in a box and say goodbye to the cane.  All the joy was tinged with sadness for me.
He continues by speaking to the much anticipated final battle sequence in the film, and the ways in which the filmmakers have the "ability to make great cinema experiences out of [the book] and where they need to change the book or the central thrust of the story, they do it now with, I think, real aplomb and with Jo Rowling’s blessing."  When speaking on his opinion of the final act of the film, Mr. Isaacs says:
I think the end of the films will be a fantastically cinematic and visual feast.  It will more than satisfy the readers of the books…but you won’t get is the book on screen.  You’ll get something more and different.  Everybody is very savvy to the notion that this is a much-loved franchise and this will be the end of an eighth film, and it needs to have weight and substance and you need to feel drained by the end of it. It’s a ten-year roller coaster ride, not a two-hour roller coaster ride, and we all know it and we all felt it, and it was in the air while we were shooting it.
On a related note, Mr. Isaacs spoke with ComingSoon.net during the same press junket round table and related a few expanded comments regarding what to expect in the final films.  That interview can be read right here.  Coming Soon is slated to release additional interviews with other actors from the final Harry Potter film, including Ciaran Hinds and Rhys Ifans, in the coming days.

Many thanks to Tracy for owling!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Isaacs Interviews News

Sea-otter_thumb

Absolutely can’t wait for that battle sequence! I’ll be on the edge of my seat, probably with a few tissues in hand. Second! :oD

Posted by BookNookKara on February 27, 2010, 02:36 PM report to moderator
All-voldemort-needs_thumb

OMG! It will be awesome!

Posted by Pollytomat on February 27, 2010, 03:01 PM report to moderator
Choco_dementor_thumb

SOOOOOOO Excited for these movies!!!!!

Posted by The Half-Blood Lauma' on February 27, 2010, 03:33 PM report to moderator
Wand_thumb

It will be amazing but SO sad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by #1 Witch ROAR! on February 27, 2010, 03:46 PM report to moderator
Hbp_poster_two_thumb

I greatly look forward to watching him give his closing performances as Lucius Malfoy in the last two films. He certainly has provided us with a captivating and delectable character to complement the one in the novels.

Posted by Kirk on February 27, 2010, 04:05 PM report to moderator
Hufflepuff_lj_100_thumb
1985 Points

Aw Jason Isaacs I will to miss the wig & cane as well. Since your acting is great on screen I always wanted to hit your character with the cane. =)

Posted by jhangelgurl (ITC!) on February 27, 2010, 04:28 PM report to moderator
User170224_pic7538_1238947280_thumb

Omg!!!!! Awwww sob I’m so looking forward to the whole DH experience but I’m slightley bummed about the part where he says you won’t get the book on screen because I still haven’t mastered the art of seperating the two materials. =] But awwww great interview, all these last scene interviews and interviews about the end of the movies are incredibly depressing and exciting so ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! =] <3333333333

Posted by Peace.Love.Potter ♥ on February 27, 2010, 05:32 PM report to moderator
Hpphotoshop_thumb

Jason isaacs is amazing!!!!

Posted by Calum Wilson (RuneDream54) on February 27, 2010, 06:01 PM report to moderator
0322091528_thumb

Good Luck Jason

Posted by taoist1 on February 27, 2010, 06:35 PM report to moderator
Hpdh_thumb

Jason has been in the hotseat these last couple of days

Posted by ZachBlack [ROAR] on February 27, 2010, 06:40 PM report to moderator
26dfd7603b091fe4c95efaad002edbaa46_thumb

so cool cant wait

Posted by LilLadySnape on February 27, 2010, 06:49 PM report to moderator
Upclose_of_me_thumb

Oh I love Jason! He truly loves the books and playing Lucius so much… it’s nice to see that in an actor. He plays Lucius so well! Such a brillant actor! :)

Posted by Half-Blood Princess66[ROAR!] on February 27, 2010, 06:49 PM report to moderator
Reliquiasdelamuerte_thumb

Wow, I cannot believe that after ten years, the end is so near!
On one hand I am really really excited for the two part film to come out but on the other hand, just thinking that after that there will be nothing else to look forward to is just overwhelming.

Posted by IHeartHarryPotter on February 27, 2010, 07:31 PM report to moderator
2013-07-19_113504_thumb

So excited for this!

Posted by Want to be a Weasley on February 27, 2010, 07:32 PM report to moderator

errr… that’d be ‘chew’ the scenery up not " ‘crew’ the scenery up in the few moments you get on screen," which is great news because when these great actors chew the scenery up you can expect the hairs on the back of your neck to stand up … and scream ….

Posted by rotfang07 on February 27, 2010, 10:17 PM report to moderator

"I have already told you," said Snape smoothly, "that I have no further stocks of Veritaserum. Unless you wish to poison Potter -- and I assure you I would have the greatest sympathy with you if you did -- I cannot help you. The only trouble is that most