Daniel Radcliffe Talks Epilogue, 'The Forest Again,' Saying Goodbye to Potter and More

Radcliffe Interviews
Posted by: Rosi
March 02, 2010, 03:49 PM

A number of new articles and videos have surfaced on the MTV website in which Daniel Radcliffe (Harry Potter) has spoken briefly about "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows." You may remember that last month we let you know about an interview MTV conducted with Tom Felton (Draco Malfoy) in which the actor mentioned that he was "excited to see what we look like 19 years later" in the epilogue scene. In a follow up to this article, Radcliffe comments, "[we] have done a few tests, and it does look really, really rather good." The Harry Potter actor also spoke about the daughter of Amanda Knight - the head of the makeup department - who Radcliffe hopes will portray Harry's daughter Lily Potter.  "She was born a week before I got the part and is now 9," continued Radcliffe, "So it's the kind of physical embodiment of how long we've been there." You can watch a video of this section of the interview here on the MTV website.

Secondly, Daniel Radcliffe has spoken about saying goodbye to Harry Potter, "something," he concedes, "you have to accept, and it's also very exciting." The actor described seeing fellow cast members leave the set for good as, "odd" as they finish their individual stories in the film and also discussed the lasting impact of the film on the British film industry:

I did have a moment the other day, in the makeup room that I have been in for ten years now. I did walk in and go, 'Wow, this is [hitting me]. One day — in about four or five months from now — I'm going to walk in here for the last time.' Especially since, after we're done shooting, they're redoing the entire studio, tearing down and starting again. Which is, about time! They could have done it ten years earlier, really. It's going to be amazing, actually. A big investment is going into Leavesden [Studios] and England will finally have a third film studio. They've always had Shepperton and Pinewood, but to have Leavesden? That will do wonders for the film industry in England, which is always a struggle to keep going. Potter has been the major film in England for the past ten years and it's [...] kept a lot of people in work, myself included, obviously.
You can find the video accompanying this article at this link, where you can also find more video clips of MTV's interview with the actor. In these clips, Radcliffe also discusses everything from the hypnotising effect of Olympic curling, social networking website Twitter and his involvement in The Trevor Project. Furthermore, Radcliffe mentions filming the resurrection stone scene in 'The Forest Again,' saying he "put a lot of pressure on [himself]" to get it right.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Radcliffe Interviews News

Mugsp_profile_thumb

I really enjoyed this interview. It makes me happy that he thinks the aging tests are looking good. Too bad he stressed himself out so much for the Forrest scene. Hopefully it’s still fine and he just put too much pressure on himself. That little girl must be so cute! How crazy to think she’s physical representation of the age of these movies. I love the idea and I think it’s really special for the crew to use her. How sad for Dan to being saying good-bye to everyone. Who’s left and how much more time do they still have?? This is exciting me so excited for the films but they are still so far away! Augh!!

Posted by eiVega on March 02, 2010, 04:05 PM report to moderator
Water_lilies_thumb

I am also very curious as to when filming is supposed to wrap up. I hope that they cover it in the dvd extras!

Posted by sgreeter8888 on March 02, 2010, 04:17 PM report to moderator
Dhc-avatar_thumb

Such a good interview! But it makes me sad that it’s actually coming to an end… I bet the little girl is precious. It would be pretty awesome if she played Lily in the movies.

Posted by da_member0808 on March 02, 2010, 04:18 PM report to moderator
Hikerpugs1_thumb

What an amazing young man.

Posted by rosepug on March 02, 2010, 04:37 PM report to moderator

I live quite near to Leavesden and every time I drive past it recently I have had a mix of emotions. First I am all excited and wonder what’s going on behind the big gates.

But then I feel sad that it will soon be over.

It is fantastic what the franchise has done for Leavesden and the British film industry though.

Posted by muggle_in_hiding on March 02, 2010, 04:45 PM report to moderator
Ron-hermione-romione-3219846-1024-821_thumb

Can’t wait for the movie to come out, but it will be somewhat sad because it will be the end of an era.

Posted by Ron&Hermione-4-ever [ROAR] on March 02, 2010, 04:53 PM report to moderator
All-voldemort-needs_thumb

A very good interview! It’s always a pleasure to listen to Daniel! :)

Posted by Pollytomat on March 02, 2010, 04:54 PM report to moderator

Those clips were great to watch! We don’t get enough interviews with Dan.

I’m curious about something, while talking about the Forest scene Dan mentions the names of the actors who play Harry’s parents. Does someone know if they are the same actors who played Lily and James in the first movie? How cool would that be? After 7 movies/10 years been those characters again!

Posted by ethanHP on March 02, 2010, 05:01 PM report to moderator
Tumblr_lof6suzoya1qzaf17o4_250_thumb

how cute is that!Little ginger blue-eyed Lily^^
Oh God…I can’t even picture the future without Potter films. that will be very odd. I’m probably going to cry my eyes out at the cinema on the last 2. phew

Posted by Matea on March 02, 2010, 05:06 PM report to moderator
Tumblr_mhtdm2xtoo1r5souzo7_250_thumb
20981 Points

Such a good interview. Thats so cool that she might play little Lily!

Posted by LunaLuver on March 02, 2010, 05:08 PM report to moderator
Wand_thumb

It will be so sad when it ends! I wonder if they will get together for years after? (the trio i mean)

Posted by #1 Witch ROAR! on March 02, 2010, 05:10 PM report to moderator
P4093399_thumb

I’m so glad that such a wonderful young man is portraying Harry.. He is such a role model..so thoughtful and commited.. As years go by I love Dan more and more..

Posted by Natalia {ROAR} on March 02, 2010, 05:19 PM report to moderator
Naughty_galaxy_thumb

They are definitely the same actors who portrayed Lily and James in the first movie.

Posted by moglet [ITC!] on March 02, 2010, 05:27 PM report to moderator
282600_233804939987291_100000733600249_807455_78180_n_thumb

R for H and i will be putting together a video for the staff at Pottercast and MyLeaky if you would like to be a part of this Gift of appreciation my page has all of my information you can choose how to contact me and i will explain the things that you can be apart of and how you can help us.. Thanks hope to here from you!!! post this in common rooms or pages if you would like to help get the word out!!!"

Posted by Horcruxalej on March 02, 2010, 05:32 PM report to moderator
Avatar1_thumb

I guess we’re all very happy how the last book (AWESOME book) is turning into a great movie. All the actors and the crew seem to be very committed to the process of making the best possible movie for all fans.
Great interviews from Dan!

Posted by Madam Snape on March 02, 2010, 05:38 PM report to moderator

"Asleep, yeah, right," said Fred in an undertone, after Hermione bade them good night and they were climbing to the next floor. "If Ginny's not lying awake waiting for Hermione to tell her everything they said downstairs, then I'm a flobberworm..."