Confirmed: Dan Radcliffe to Return to Broadway in "How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying"

Radcliffe
Posted by: Edward
April 15, 2010, 07:01 PM

As Variety Magazine is now reporting, actor Dan Radcliffe will be making his return to Broadway in a revival of the musical "How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying."  Set to debut in the Spring of 2011, Variety reports:

Show reunites producers and creatives from the soon-to-open revival of "Promises, Promises." "How to Succeed" is produced by Broadway Across America, Craig Zadan and Neil Meron, and will be helmed and choreographed by [R]ob Ashford.
An accompanying Playbill.com article notes that, "the original 1961 production earned 7 Tony Awards, including Best Musical, Best Author and Best Score, as well as the Pulitzer Prize for Drama. Robert Morse earned a Tony Award for his performance as J. Pierrepont Finch.  The story follows a young window washer, who with the help of the titular book, rises to the top of the World Wide Wickets Company in New York City."

This news also comes following several reports late last year, as well as a December table read which took place in New York City.  As readers will recall, Mr. Radcliffe is no stranger to the Broadway stage, for he starred with Harry Potter co-star Richard Griffiths (Uncle Vernon) in the revival of the Peter Shaffer play "Equus" in 2008, following a successful run on London's West End.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Radcliffe News

Panda_thumb

Yay! Go Dan! :D

Posted by FilmGirl27 *Team Weasley!* (ROAR!!) on April 16, 2010, 11:46 AM report to moderator
Emma_watson_polyvore_thumb

I wish hime good luck. He is a good actor and his talents should not be wasted. I’d like to watch him in Broadway actually!

Images_thumb

OMG! LeakyCon and now this! I will have to move to the East Coast if this keeps up. Hooray for Dan!

Posted by Rhiannon on April 16, 2010, 01:59 PM report to moderator
Hbp_poster_two_thumb

I wish him the best of luck as he participates in this production but do wish that I had the money to see him!

Posted by Kirk on April 16, 2010, 04:10 PM report to moderator
Wand_thumb

I really want to see this! It sounds so interesting!

Posted by #1 Witch ROAR! on April 16, 2010, 04:16 PM report to moderator
Wand_thumb

I really want to see this! It sounds so interesting!

Posted by #1 Witch ROAR! on April 16, 2010, 04:16 PM report to moderator
Malfoy_avatar_thumb

I loved the movie version. 1700 miles is nothing, I’m flying in for this one.

Posted by Hydrus on April 16, 2010, 04:47 PM report to moderator
Epjpegutil31_thumb

Go for it, Dan and have fun doing this!

Posted by Fresca ROAR on April 16, 2010, 06:20 PM report to moderator

I am going to see this any way possible. It is decided. I love How to Succeed in Business I was in a production of it and it’s one of my favorite musicals. That combined with Dan Radcliffe..

Posted by gingerr_kat on April 16, 2010, 06:53 PM report to moderator
Hufflepuff_lj_100_thumb
1985 Points

nice! Can’t wait just need to know when it will be opening offically so i can buy tickets.

Posted by jhangelgurl (ITC!) on April 16, 2010, 06:59 PM report to moderator
Buckbeak_thumb

Great! We need a new show!

Posted by Girlraven1 on April 16, 2010, 07:05 PM report to moderator
Tumblr_mhtdm2xtoo1r5souzo7_250_thumb
20981 Points

I’d love to see Dan in this that would be so amazing!!

Posted by LunaLuver on April 17, 2010, 03:09 AM report to moderator
Movies_ootp_premieries_imax_001_thumb

Thats cool Dan. Wish i could see it. anyways ill catch up with it on you tube
Love yah!

Posted by Azaad Potter The Chosen One [ROAR] on April 17, 2010, 04:43 AM report to moderator
Shoes_thumb

It’s great that he is doing so much outside of Harry Potter. It will all work in his favour for his future career. Good on you Dan.

Posted by Love is the greatest magic on April 17, 2010, 07:34 AM report to moderator
Romione-wallpaper-romione-29099904-1200-900_thumb

Hey Dan..good wishes from my side..i m not watchin you at Broadway but you keep your good work on..you are a great actor!!

Posted by rohit_ASP«Я☼AR» on April 17, 2010, 03:11 PM report to moderator

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014

"I work here," said Mr. Weasley shortly.[br]"Not [i]here,[/i] surely?" said Mr. Malfoy, raising his eyebrows and glancing toward the door over Mr. Weasley's shoulder. "I thought you were up on the second floor... don't you do something that involves sneak