Alan Rickman Finishes "Deathly Hallows" Filming

Rickman Interviews
Posted by: Rosi
April 09, 2010, 07:02 PM

Thanks to Snitch Seeker we can tell you about a recent interview with Alan Rickman (Severus Snape) in which it is confirmed that Rickman has completed filming for "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows." The International Herald Tribune interviewed actor and director Alan Rickman about bringing Creditors to New York City's Brooklyn Academy of Music after a two year break since the play's original London run. Rickman's role in the Harry Potter films is mentioned briefly:

Mr. Rickman, who is known mostly as an actor despite several acclaimed turns as a film and theatre director, was less eager to discuss his own career. Not that it is bereft of interesting developments. The day before, for example, Mr. Rickman, 64, had just finished filming the final "Harry Potter" movie. His portrayal of the slithery and surprising Severus Snape has brought him fame as never before, making him into one of the world's most celebrated movie villains, a thrilling antihero to the Potter-mad masses. But in his own mind Mr. Rickman had merely jumped form one intense experience to another, and he was thoroughly focused on "Creditors."
Snitch Seeker has scans of the full interview in their galleries, including a new photo of Rickman directing Creditors. The play opens on the 16th of April at the Brooklyn Academy of Music; as we previously told you, Rickman will take part in a pre-performance Artist Talk at BAM's Harvey Theatre on the 27th of April at 6pm. Tickets to the 45 minute Artist Talk cost $10 and can be purchased at this link.

Many thanks again to Snitch Seeker for the heads up!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Rickman Interviews News

Thank you for all that you have done, Alan Rickman. Your portrayal of Snape will always be something that I’ll admire as a fan. :)

Posted by SwedishSkinJer on April 09, 2010, 07:10 PM report to moderator
Weasleys-da_small_thumb

wow….cannot believe this is really coming to an end……
we need more SNAPE

Posted by just another weasley ROAR,OoM2GS on April 09, 2010, 07:15 PM report to moderator
Trio_walking_icon_thumb

This makes me cry! I can’t believe it’s coming to an end! All the major characters are going to slowly slip away until they’re all done! I wonder what the very last scene that is every shot will be and who will be in it…

Posted by Peverell62442 on April 09, 2010, 07:23 PM report to moderator
User170224_pic7538_1238947280_thumb

Oh mmmmmmmmmmy god.That’s like….omg this is really happening.Awww I can’t believe he’s done!! =(

Thank you Alan Rickman, you have portrayed on of the most amazing characters of all time and done an epic job, thankyou for showing so much respect to the character and I reaaaaaaaaally hope you got to answer the question “after all this time?” and said “always” while filming (because if you didn’t I’ll scream) lol.We love Snape!!! (and you!)

Posted by Peace.Love.Potter ♥ on April 09, 2010, 07:25 PM report to moderator

It is so hard to believe that his part is finished. I hope that means they left Snape’s death scene in the movie. Only he could do the scene justice.

Posted by hrhgnl on April 09, 2010, 07:25 PM report to moderator
User170224_pic7538_1238947280_thumb

I’m not crying no no no no I’m not crying Awww =( sob

Posted by Peace.Love.Potter ♥ on April 09, 2010, 07:26 PM report to moderator
Choco_dementor_thumb

Wow… crazy to think that they’re really almost done… Thank you, Mr. Rickman, you were an AMAZING Snape!!!

Posted by The Half-Blood Lauma' on April 09, 2010, 07:42 PM report to moderator
Image

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! I LUV HIM AS SNAPE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by magicmaniac on April 09, 2010, 07:43 PM report to moderator
Asha_and_caleb_thumb

I live close to NYC. I might check out the pre-performance talk. I’ve never been to one of those.

As for the emotional part….
wwaaaaahhhhh!!!! :-(

Posted by sessionka oom4 CW on April 09, 2010, 07:45 PM report to moderator
Casualvacanycover_2266306a_thumb

omg omg!!!!! snape is now offically…gone…passed on…..AAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Catherine ( *SQUEE!*) on April 09, 2010, 07:45 PM report to moderator
Tumblr_lc9r8fepzh1qbrcpro1_500_thumb

I can’t take all of this. Most of my life has been filled with waiting for Harry Potter since like 2nd or 3rd grade and now it’s over :[

Posted by RG93 ROAR! on April 09, 2010, 07:54 PM report to moderator
Greathornedowl_thumb

Ohhh, I’m am so dreading seeing DH Part 2! “THE END” :-(

Posted by PhoenixFlight [ITC!] on April 09, 2010, 08:33 PM report to moderator
Hpmaggie2_copy2_thumb

Wow. I can’t believe Snape is done with the series. Now I just want to lay down and cry. Thank you, Alan Rickman, for bringing one of the best literary characters EVER to true life so faithfully, so wonderfully and incomparably. We need MORE!!!

Posted by Headmistress LemonFaerie on April 09, 2010, 08:35 PM report to moderator
Tumblr_n28b4fpncl1qan42po2_r1_250_thumb
20962 Points

Wow I cant believe he’s finished filming…thats means as of right now Snape is really and truely dead. Thats depressing……the whole will be over in less thantwo months. I think I might cry. :(

Posted by LunaLuver on April 09, 2010, 08:38 PM report to moderator
Pic_20_2312ma14060069-0001_thumb

I’m with all of you! Wahhhhhhh!!!! :( I can’t believe it either, tears rolling down my eyes. I wish we would have known he was just about to finish, just wham! he finished! He needs to realize what history he has made, and became a part of. Maybe later he will see what effect this story, characters, him! has made on all of us! For the better! Thank You Alan! You did brilliant! sob ‘the bravest man I ever knew’. Dumbledore’s Army salutes you! XO

Posted by Dlcohm7 on April 09, 2010, 08:44 PM report to moderator

Issue 28 - Apr. 2014

"Hermy-own-ninny talks about you very often," said Krum, looking suspiciously at Harry.[br]"Yeah," said Harry, "because we're [i]friends."[/i][br]He couldn't quite believe he was having this conversation with Viktor Krum, the famous International Quidditc