Report: Emma Watson in Talks for Role in "The Perks of Being a Wallflower"

Watson
Posted by: Edward
May 20, 2010, 04:47 PM

The slew Emma Watson news today continues, for Variety is reporting that the actress is in talks to appear in the forthcoming feature film "The Perks of Being a Wallflower," based off the bestselling novel by Stephen Chbosky.  Miss Watson, who portrays the character of Hermione Granger in the Harry Potter films, is said to be in negotiations along with actor Logan Lerman ("Percy Jackson and the Olympians") for the "indie coming-of-age drama."  Readers will recall that Emma Watson has appeared in the UK television film "Ballet Shoes," as well as voiced a character in the animated feature "The Tale of Despereaux."

Until this news is confirmed by either the studio or Miss Watson's reps, this news falls strictly in the rumor category for now.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Watson News

oooh cool! first!!

Posted by Freya-Storm on May 20, 2010, 05:09 PM report to moderator
Hpdh_thumb

hope its true

Posted by ZachBlack [ROAR] on May 20, 2010, 05:14 PM report to moderator
Panda_thumb

Great for her! I hope she gets the role.

Posted by FilmGirl27 *Team Weasley!* (ROAR!!) on May 20, 2010, 05:15 PM report to moderator
Z_thumb

Omg yesss! Loool! Percy Jackson!

Posted by chocolaterabbits on May 20, 2010, 05:21 PM report to moderator
Wand_thumb

Awesome that would be great!

Posted by #1 Witch ROAR! on May 20, 2010, 05:26 PM report to moderator
Casualvacanycover_2266306a_thumb

that sounds fun! i hope she gets a part!!! i would totally see it!

Posted by Catherine ( *SQUEE!*) on May 20, 2010, 05:36 PM report to moderator
My_quote1_thumb

i really want to see her in another movie

Posted by thundermountain7*Roar* on May 20, 2010, 05:37 PM report to moderator

Awesome! I would totally watch it! Logan Lerman?!?! BONUS!

Posted by WhyAllTheGlitter™ on May 20, 2010, 05:43 PM report to moderator
User170224_pic7538_1238947280_thumb

Awww yay Emma!!!!

Posted by Peace.Love.Potter ♥ on May 20, 2010, 06:03 PM report to moderator

that would be awesome because I love emma watson

Posted by 9em on May 20, 2010, 06:24 PM report to moderator
Bneerhsg_thumb

she is truly amazing!

Posted by AlecsWeasley on May 20, 2010, 06:47 PM report to moderator
Hbp_poster_two_thumb

What fantastic news! I truly cannot wait to see the adaptation of one of my favorite novels hit the big screen!

Posted by Kirk on May 20, 2010, 06:58 PM report to moderator
Felton_posed_kaizfeng_006_thumb

That is going to be an amazing movie! I really hope she gets the role! I can’t wait to see it, its one of my absolute favorite books!

Posted by Slytherins do it better on May 20, 2010, 07:32 PM report to moderator
Emma_watson_polyvore_thumb

I hope she gets the part! She is a wonderful actress! She deserves the role.

Iconator_4a84e48cd91bc7150c419e167949a783_thumb

This could be a very interesting role for her. And I love that Logan Lerman kid. So cute!

Posted by cosmo409 on May 20, 2010, 07:51 PM report to moderator

"Ginny's told me all about [Luna], apparently she'll only believe in things as long as there's no proof at all. Well, I wouldn't expect anything else from someone whose father runs [i]The Quibbler."[/i]