Universal Releases Images from Wizarding World Opening Day; Eight Hour Wait to Enter Park

Fan Events
Posted by: Edward
June 18, 2010, 02:18 PM

Universal has released three HQ images from this morning's grand public opening of the Wizarding World of Harry Potter theme park.  Part of our ever growing gallery of images from the grand opening, these images show Dan Radcliffe and Michael Gambon leading the students of the Today Show Wizarding World contest into the park and Mr. Radcliffe and the Phelps twins riding the Forbidden Journey ride with the students.  View below:

On a related note, reports are coming online of the kind of crowd levels at the Harry Potter theme park.  InsidetheMagic.net notes that wait times could be "up to 8 hours just to enter the Wizarding World of Harry Potter area of Islands of Adventure. Small crowds have been let into Hogsmeade Village periodically and reports suggest crowd control within these small groups is fantastic. Lines for two of the area’s most talked about attractions, Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey and the Ollivander’s Wand Shop, have been reported as only reaching up to 90 minutes, with the Wizarding World’s other rides having little to no wait at all."

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Fan Events News

Hinkypunk2_thumb

can’t wait to see all this, especially Hogsmead!

Posted by Hinkypunk on June 18, 2010, 02:42 PM report to moderator
26dfd7603b091fe4c95efaad002edbaa46_thumb

i wanna go so bad

Posted by LilLadySnape on June 18, 2010, 02:53 PM report to moderator
Puff_thumb

The picture of Dan on the rollercoaster with the kids is ADORABLE

Posted by KimmyBlair on June 18, 2010, 02:54 PM report to moderator
Ron1_thumb

Dan is honestly the cutest guy ever. EVER.

Posted by Christine on June 18, 2010, 03:00 PM report to moderator
Wig4_thumb

i wanna go so bad

Posted by Fleur-de- Lily on June 18, 2010, 03:11 PM report to moderator
Naughty_galaxy_thumb

Much as it might be fun inside, an 8 hour wait to get in would drive me insane! I hope everyone who goes there has a wonderful time, I won’t be going as I really don’t like being in crowds! But I shall look forward to hearing about everyone else’s trips to the park, I shall enjoy it that way.

Posted by moglet [ITC!] on June 18, 2010, 03:12 PM report to moderator
3667972_thumb

I would wait 24 hours to get in if i had to! ahaha, It looks so amazing!

Posted by har1020 on June 18, 2010, 03:15 PM report to moderator
3667972_thumb

I would wait 24 hours to get in if i had to! ahaha, It looks so amazing!

Posted by har1020 on June 18, 2010, 03:15 PM report to moderator

this place is amazing! i can’t wait to go. and the pictures are really cute with the cast with all the kids!

Posted by WolfyWizard on June 18, 2010, 03:18 PM report to moderator

Posted by WolfyWizard on June 18, 2010, 03:18 PM report to moderator
P1010012_thumb

That is so cute that those kids got to be there with Dan and Rupert!
I was there this morning and it was NUTSOIDS! People were almost fainting in the line outside of Islands of Adventure, there were no water kiosks or anything to drink or shade once we got up to the bridge, and then when they would let a couple hundred people in to the park at a time, a general stampede would start. Maybe the crowd control in Hogsmeade was fantastic, but outside of that it was horrible. Once people were in the park, the line to be let into the Hogsmeade area stretched back almost to the entrance again! And yeah, they said the wait time is 8-10 hours! I hope people are having fun, my heart broke for them with all the expectaions I know they have, that I had last week and bawled when I stepped through the gate for the soft openings – I want them to have that but they might be dead from the heat before they can get there.

Posted by Gwynog'srabbit on June 18, 2010, 03:20 PM report to moderator
User170224_pic7538_1238947280_thumb

Fantastic pictures!!! I wan to be there soooooooooooooo bad I dont’ care how hot it is, =) Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep. 8 HOURS!? O-O

Posted by Peace.Love.Potter ♥ on June 18, 2010, 03:23 PM report to moderator
Angiebumliac_hpdh_021_thumb

I’m kinda glad now that we aren’t able to go this week. I think I’d like to wait until I don’t have to wait all day just to be let into the park.

Posted by mollywobbles23 on June 18, 2010, 03:27 PM report to moderator
P1010012_thumb

It would be worth it to go today if they were having entertainment and general opening fiasco and stars and maybe Jo and all sorts of that kind of stuff for everyone, not just VIPs, but it’s mainly being like in a long line in the cattle yard till you finally get in – I didn’t even try since we live here but just hope the people who were here for today end up having a great time!

Posted by Gwynog'srabbit on June 18, 2010, 03:33 PM report to moderator

I’m going next week :)

Posted by kk1712 on June 18, 2010, 03:43 PM report to moderator

At once, Harry's scar burned white-hot, as though the old wound had burst open again -- and unbidden, unwanted, but terrifyingly strong, there rose within Harry a hatred so powerful he felt, for that instant, that he would like nothing better than to stri