Dan Radcliffe on Filming Snape's Memory Scenes for "Deathly Hallows"

DH Film
Posted by: Rosi
June 21, 2010, 03:00 PM

Daniel Radcliffe (Harry Potter) has given a new interview to MTV News which took place as he took MTV on a tour of Hogwarts Castle at The Wizarding World of Harry Potter. Reminiscing about filming "Chamber of Secrets" as Radcliffe and MTV looked around Dumbledore's office, the actor also spoke briefly about filming the "Deathly Hallows" scene in which Snape's memories are revealed to Harry:

"One of the key scenes in the series happens in this room, where towards the end of ['Deathly Hallows'], Harry learns something about Snape's past in relation to him, and that takes place in this room. In fact, actually, it takes place pretty much here," he said, motioning to where he was standing. "And that is kind of pretty much possibly the key scene in the series, you might say. There's a certain argument for that."
Radcliffe talks about the real life stars of the talking portraits in the gallery ("many of the crew, and also his father") and the possibility of revisiting Hogwarts with children of his own in the full article, which you can find at this link.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent DH Film News

Water_lilies_thumb

I’m so glad to know that Snape’s memories will at least be in the movie. However, who knows how much of the memories they will include. I really hope that we see young Lilly and Severus!! :-)

Posted by sgreeter8888 on June 21, 2010, 03:09 PM report to moderator
Tumblr_lp9f45jqbm1r0sjoeo1_500_large_thumb

cool beans :)
so sad its almost over, but snapes memories should be awesome , so cruel that he had to die :(

Posted by aval on June 21, 2010, 03:12 PM report to moderator
Snape_thumb

I can’t wait to see Alan Rickman play this in the final film. He has been perfect as Snape all the way through. I think this could be the stand out scene in the final movie – I can’t wait!

Posted by Gorsewaygirl on June 21, 2010, 03:28 PM report to moderator
Unknown_thumb

I’m most excited and nervous for Snape’s memories. I really hope they have them all in there.

Posted by Katie_Lily on June 21, 2010, 03:35 PM report to moderator
Doll_rclaw_-_copy_thumb

I know a lot of us fans were upset in OotP when they mashed up Sanpe’s Worst Memory. I just hope they give The Prince’s Tale the justice it deserves. they seem to cut a lot of info (like when they didn’t reveal who the Marauders were at the end of PoA). Here’s hoping….

Posted by S.B.Schwale on June 21, 2010, 03:44 PM report to moderator
26097981_thumb

I can’t wait to see this, I agree with Dan that it’s the key scene of the series. I just hope they do it justice. Also, I’ve been wondering who will be portraying Snape, I’d love to see Alan Rickman do it, he’s perfect as Snape, but most of these memories relate to young Snape, so I guess they probably got someone else to do it.

Posted by jenge {Meredith Mooncloud} ~ [ITC!] on June 21, 2010, 03:46 PM report to moderator
P4093399_thumb

I LOVE HIM!!! He is so sweet and funny! He turned out to be a gorgeous young man. A person that I would so much like to hang out with! He is great!

As for the scene..I hope (like Dan said) to see a beautiful and so important key scene come to life correctly!

Posted by Natalia {ROAR} on June 21, 2010, 03:51 PM report to moderator
Luna_sam_thumb

Oh Dan! He looks like he still has so much fun even though he’s been working with Potter-based EVERYTHING for so long
I’m really glad to know that the Snape/pensieve moment is in the film! :D

Posted by nargles, oh my! on June 21, 2010, 03:59 PM report to moderator
Mac3_thumb
1925 Points

That is going to be a really sad scence i might cry and daniel is just a ball of energy!

Posted by Parkinsonpansy on June 21, 2010, 04:04 PM report to moderator
Mac3_thumb
1925 Points

Posted by Parkinsonpansy on June 21, 2010, 04:04 PM report to moderator
282337_f260_thumb

to think we won’t be seeing those scenes for more than a year from now!!!

Posted by PensievePlotter on June 21, 2010, 04:18 PM report to moderator
Epjpegutil31_thumb

I wish that the MTV interview worked in Canada! Thanks, Leaky for at least giving us a synopsis of the interview. I smiled when Dan said he thought Justin Bieber was a lady!! I think the Snape’s memories scene will be quite climatic.

Posted by Fresca ROAR on June 21, 2010, 04:19 PM report to moderator
Walleeve_lg_thumb

The movies have to differ from the books. Otherwise they’d be 90 hours long. I think they could stick to Snape’s crush on Lily while they were both at Hogwarts, I don’t think we need to see them as kids—to see how they met or that they knew each other that long ago. Also part of the oldest memories was to establish Petunia’s complex emotions about the wizarding world, and the Dursley’s haven’t gotten enough attention in the other films to justify seeing her now.

Posted by dynagirldangit on June 21, 2010, 04:20 PM report to moderator
Buckbeak_thumb

Brillant!

Posted by Girlraven1 on June 21, 2010, 04:38 PM report to moderator
Emma_watson_polyvore_thumb

I remember that part clearly in the story….now that I think about it that was my favourite chapter! I just sat there on the couch when I found out that Snape had feelings for Harry. Who would think that the only person that hated you loved you in a fatherly way?! But I also cried when I found out that all this time Snape loved Lily Potter, and that was the only reason why he was protecting Harry.

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014

[Hermione] seemed determined to be in a towering temper, and she swept off toward the girls' dormitories, banging the door behind her.[br]"Such a lovely, sweet-tempered girl," said Ron, very quietly, prodding his queen forward so that she could begin beat