Tom Felton Wins Best Villain at MTV Movie Awards, Confirms Casting Rumours

Film Awards
Posted by: Rosi
June 07, 2010, 02:25 PM

Tom Felton (Draco Malfoy) was last night given the Best Villain award at the 2010 MTV Movie Awards. The ceremony took place in Los Angeles, California; a video of the actor accepting the Golden Popcorn can be seen by US residents at this link. Additionally, photos from the event are now available right here in our galleries.

In related news, Felton yesterday confirmed that his girlfriend will appear in "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows." Jade Olivia will be in the role of Draco's wife Astoria in the epilogue scene. "The producers actually came to me about six months ago and asked me," comments the actor, "and I was like, OK, I'll ask her. She was slightly reluctant but I pulled her arm and twisted it and then she was filming with me for three days at King's Cross."

Please note that the video is only available to residents of the USA, but the accompanying article  - which has a few more quotes from Tom Felton - is available to everyone. A video of Tom Felton talking to MTV News on the red carpet about the casting can be seen at this link.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Film Awards News

Lucky girl, as if it wasn’t enough to be Tom Felton’s girlfriend she get’s to be in the movie too.

Posted by Evagirl on June 07, 2010, 02:30 PM report to moderator
Images_thumb

Cool she hasnt been in any other movies has she?

Posted by IloveDobby on June 07, 2010, 02:32 PM report to moderator
Eda5516e2c07567cc157e8242da51b70_thumb

Yeah, I’m so jealous.

Posted by *blue*star*hprocks12™ on June 07, 2010, 02:33 PM report to moderator
Tamy_129_thumb

I’m not jeaulous of her.I am and I have always been jeaulous of Emma! She is the lucky girl. But I didn’t understand why she was reluctant. I would have said yes right away! What an opportunity!

Posted by Tamyris on June 07, 2010, 02:56 PM report to moderator
Avatar_thumb

Yeah I don’t think she is an actress, I could be wrong. I think she is just a model. I sound like i’m saying “just a model” like it’s a bad thing, it’s not!

Posted by GF_of_Seamus on June 07, 2010, 03:01 PM report to moderator
Is22581022_thumb

Jade is a stuntwoman on Harry Potter. She’s worked on the movies for years.

Posted by YodatheHobbit on June 07, 2010, 03:22 PM report to moderator
Is22581022_thumb

Or stunt assistant, I guess.

Posted by YodatheHobbit on June 07, 2010, 03:25 PM report to moderator
Hl002-1allinye_thumb

Ya! I was so happy to hear that. ^^

Posted by jedisakora on June 07, 2010, 03:26 PM report to moderator
26dfd7603b091fe4c95efaad002edbaa46_thumb

oh cool

Posted by LilLadySnape on June 07, 2010, 03:42 PM report to moderator
Diagonalley_thumb

I’m so happy for him! One can see he is really excited about receiving the awards…
I was just a little bit annoyed at the fact that they did not let him speak his mind, they kept interrupting him.

Posted by devilskinn on June 07, 2010, 03:49 PM report to moderator
Ed-in-chief_thumb

he handled the heckling like the civilized, well-balanced guy he is. well done, tom!

Posted by chikitcorpuzvesterbaek on June 07, 2010, 03:53 PM report to moderator
Deathly-hallows-symbol-harry-potter-and-the-deathly-hallows-564456_1422_1545_thumb

congrats but in my opinion Bellatrix is much more villianish!!

Posted by Nwrosey on June 07, 2010, 03:58 PM report to moderator
Mugsp_profile_thumb

I thought it was rude how much they were interrupting him during his moment, but he handled it very well. He stood up for himself very politely and continued giving thanks. Way to go, Tom!

Posted by eiVega on June 07, 2010, 03:59 PM report to moderator
Eda5516e2c07567cc157e8242da51b70_thumb

@nwrosey: It wasn’t Bellatrix for HBC it was the Red Queen in Alice in Wonderland.

Posted by *blue*star*hprocks12™ on June 07, 2010, 04:02 PM report to moderator
Mr_bean__thumb

very well deserved!

Posted by hermionenluna TZS ROAR! on June 07, 2010, 04:16 PM report to moderator

"It's not safe to go wandering around dark corridors these days."[br]"[i]You[/i] are," Ron pointed out.[br]"I," said Percy, drawing himself up, "am a prefect. Nothing's about to attack [i]me[/i]."