Child Refugee Wins Role in "Deathly Hallows: Part 1"

Fans
Posted by: Mel
June 09, 2010, 08:57 PM

Harry Potter fan Margotu Margai, who led a difficult childhood in war-torn Sierra Leone, has now landed a role in "Deathly Hallows: Part 1" as a Hufflepuff student. Margai, who is nineteen, says of the experience:

"It’s so surreal. I’ve read all the books and seen all the Harry Potter films but I’m still trying to believe I’ve got a role in the film given the fact I could have been shot dead all those years ago. ...A soldier came into my house and looked straight at me – and the simply carried on walking. I’ll never forget the way he looked straight at me. Yet the other day I was just eating my lunch and got chatting to Daniel Radcliffe. It was only for a few minutes but he was really nice."

You can read more about Margotu Margai here.

Thanks to Mythyn for the tip!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Fans News

Raven_avatar_thumb

That is sooo cool!

Posted by Won_Two on June 09, 2010, 09:18 PM report to moderator
Hp_buddyicons_caught_bellamlfy_96x96_129322477441953550_thumb

that is amazing and still remains true that you never know what tomorrow will hold

Posted by HalfBloodPrincesss (Jenna Evans) on June 09, 2010, 09:31 PM report to moderator
Xz5jc2nr_thumb
22044 Points

SO COOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I envy that child hehehe

1980 Points

aww :) thats really nice.

Posted by floridianhp*ROAR* on June 09, 2010, 10:07 PM report to moderator
Dobbyavvie_thumb

That’s so great! I hope she enjoys it.

Posted by Scarlet~Phoenix on June 09, 2010, 10:25 PM report to moderator
100919-114009_thumb

i love when people who go from having nearly nothing to realizing a dream. (less than three)

Posted by Togepi on June 09, 2010, 10:39 PM report to moderator
Hbp_poster_two_thumb

It is wonderful that he has earned this opportunity and I hope that he and all other refugees around the world have received and will continue to receive the support and compassion needed to rebuild their lives.

Posted by Kirk on June 09, 2010, 11:05 PM report to moderator
Movies_ootp_premieries_imax_001_thumb

Thats really lucky

Posted by Azaad Potter The Chosen One [ROAR] on June 09, 2010, 11:12 PM report to moderator
Img_1861_thumb

awesome…very very lucky

Posted by siriuslvr98 on June 09, 2010, 11:17 PM report to moderator
Image

SO COOL I WISH THAT WAS ME SO BAD! IM AN ACTOR

Posted by magicmaniac on June 09, 2010, 11:22 PM report to moderator
Avatars_movies_ootp_002_thumb

That’s wonderful – the power that Harry Potter has to move people and to transform lives through concrete action as well as through the imagination and the owed of love. Come to think of it, all good things that come to people who need help come through the power of love.

Posted by Agrippa1 on June 09, 2010, 11:23 PM report to moderator
Grnasmoss-icn_thumb

That’s amazing! A chance of a lifetime. =)

Posted by nr2solace on June 09, 2010, 11:29 PM report to moderator
Upclose_of_me_thumb

A chance in a lifetime indeed…. such a wonderful experience to have for anyone! :)

Posted by Half-Blood Princess66[ROAR!] on June 09, 2010, 11:56 PM report to moderator
Avatar_thumb

That is so amazing. It sounds like it happened to absolutely the right person.

Posted by siriusismyhero on June 10, 2010, 12:23 AM report to moderator
Hpdh_thumb

gnar

Posted by ZachBlack [ROAR] on June 10, 2010, 12:41 AM report to moderator

"It's not any old broomstick," he said, "it's a Nimbus Two Thousand. What did you say you've got at home, Malfoy, a Comet Two Sixty?" Ron grinned at Harry. "Comets look flashy, but they're not in the same league as the Nimbus."