More Info on the Hogwarts Hunt at the Wizarding World of Harry Potter

Fan Events
Posted by: Mel
July 14, 2010, 03:24 PM

As you may recall, Leaky and PotterCast will be hosting the First Annual Hogwarts Hunt this year at the Infinitus Harry Potter convention. The Hogwarts Hunt, a scavenger hunt, will take place in the Wizarding World of Harry Potter on Friday, July 16th. Those who participate in the Hogwarts Hunt will be looking for hidden details within the park. Points will be given for both accuracy and how quickly you answer.

The first prize for the Hogwarts Hunt is free LeakyCon 2011 registration. Runners-up will receive Potter-related prizes as yet unnounced.

If you want to be involved in the Hogwarts Hunt you must participate in teams of two. If you don't have a partner you can find one at the Facebook event page for the Hogwarts Hunt. As a note, the team that wins will receive LeakyCon registration for both members.

Please be aware that participants will be able to receive their packet of clues/questions after the Final Battle musical if they want a head start. However, there will also be a meet-up point for you to receive your packet for those who don't want to leave the park, but you will be roughly 45 minutes behind. Each team will get one packet, which is given a unique number and will be associated with that team captain's cell phone number.

There will be communications with the players via text message, so if you intend to play the team captain must text
(347) 762-4426 with their name, their teammate's name, and confirmation of their phone number. If you want to participate in the Hogwarts Hunt you must RSVP here, and text your name and the name of your teammate as well as your intention to play by Thursday, July 15th. (Standard text messaging rates for your carrier will apply.) You will receive a few bonus questions via text within the first 2 hours of the game, and if you are one of the first 10 teams to text back a correct answer to the bonus questions you will receive points.

In order to be eligible for any of the prizes you must hand in your completed answer page (the last page of your packet) at the last meet-up point.

The location of the meet-up points, and more details, will be announced shortly.

Winners will be announced during a live PotterCast on Saturday, July 17th at 12pm in the Java Room.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Fan Events News

Jacques_tati_hulot1_thumb

lol sounds awesome. Have fun everyone!

Posted by Mr. Brightside on July 14, 2010, 03:46 PM report to moderator
Dumbledore_thumb

Awww, I wish I could go…..

Posted by Cho Chang on July 14, 2010, 03:52 PM report to moderator
Wand_thumb

Sounds so fun!!!

Posted by #1 Witch ROAR! on July 14, 2010, 04:04 PM report to moderator
Buffy-last-gleaming-195x300_thumb

Cool, wish I could go!

Posted by Meggie the Goose on July 14, 2010, 04:07 PM report to moderator
Pict0440_thumb

We have been saving up 2 years to go there next march. I can’t believe I am missing out on the Hogwarts Hunt. Is there anyway I can get a copy of the questions so I can have a mini Hogwarts Hunt when I get there?
Please please?

Posted by Jenpix on July 14, 2010, 05:17 PM report to moderator

Freaking awesome.

Posted by You Know Stew [ROAR!] on July 14, 2010, 05:44 PM report to moderator

Too bad I can’t go. Well have fun those who can!

Posted by hp931 on July 14, 2010, 07:03 PM report to moderator
Draco_malfoy_lego__thumb

Sounds cool! Wish I could go….

Posted by Kaitousblackwings on July 14, 2010, 07:40 PM report to moderator
Emma_watson_polyvore_thumb

That sounds dead awesome! I really wish I could go…..But to those that are going, Have fun!

2222_thumb

FREE REGISTRATION ??!!
omg that’s awesome :D

Posted by SarahArslane on July 15, 2010, 12:32 AM report to moderator
Http_3a_2f_2f24

have fun!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Emmaria on July 15, 2010, 09:56 AM report to moderator
Harry_snl_thumb

So much fun! Good luck, everybody!

Its_my_daddy_by_prydester_thumb

That’s sounds like a blast! I really wish I could go!
Good luck everyone!

Posted by Spyd3rQu33n on July 15, 2010, 02:25 PM report to moderator

Wish I could go! Good luck, everybody! :)

Posted by LoonyMaddie3 on July 15, 2010, 06:49 PM report to moderator

Do you have to participate in Infinitus to be able to participate in the Hogwarts hunt???

Posted by CRBlack on July 16, 2010, 01:20 AM report to moderator

"Honestly, am I the [i]only[/i] person who's ever bothered to read [i]Hogwarts, A History[/i]?" said Hermione crossly to Harry and Ron.[br]"Probably," said Ron.

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014