Dan Radcliffe Apologizes For Not Being at Comic-Con

Radcliffe
Posted by: Mel
July 27, 2010, 04:39 AM

In a new interview with Daniel Radcliffe (Harry Potter) the actor expressed his regret for not attending this weekend's Comic-Con:

"I apologize to all the wishful thinkers for my disappointing non-presence," Radcliffe said Monday by phone from London.
The actor, who has finished some post-production voice work on the last "Potter" film, says he is still grappling a bit with the concept that he will never wear the robes of Hogwarts on screen again. He still cares deeply about "Potter" fans, though -- he sounded genuinely distressed to hear for the first time about the wildfire rumors that led fans to believe he would be at the San Diego pop-culture expo that wrapped up on Sunday.
"Really? Oh, God, I had no idea. I suppose it's like when I'm at Reading Festival and I hear that suddenly some amazing band is going to play a surprise gig and then it turns out to be total fiction."
Later in the article he also discusses a comment Tom Felton (Draco Malfoy) made at Comic-Con about how he cried on the last day of shooting:

"You know what, I'd love to libel him and call it a lie, but, darn, he's absolutely right. We all three of us -- me, Rupert and Emma -- we just wept. And I've never seen Rupert Grint cry. That was really weird."

You can read more here. You can download Leaky and Mugglenet's joint coverage of the Harry Potter Comic-Con panel at our iTunes feed, or directly download it here.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Radcliffe News

Street_fighter___evil_ryu_by_furan_san_thumb

I would be surprised if none of the three main actors cried at the end of filming this series. These movies have been a big part of their lives.

Posted by hadou on July 27, 2010, 10:35 AM report to moderator
Mr_bean__thumb

id hate to see them all cry :’(

Posted by hermionenluna TZS ROAR! on July 27, 2010, 11:03 AM report to moderator
My_hero_neville_thumb

Why should Dan need to apologize for not appearing at Comic-Con? Honestly, he does have other projects in the works. There is life after HP. I saw one headline that said the trio had “dissed” Comic-Con. OH PLEASE.

Posted by KB Prez [ROAR!] on July 27, 2010, 11:14 AM report to moderator
Angiebumliac_hpdh_021_thumb

Omg, Rupert cried. brb, crying.

Posted by mollywobbles23 on July 27, 2010, 12:08 PM report to moderator
Mugsp_profile_thumb

Dan didn’t have to apologize. Warner Bros. should. They should have put more effort into their panel. It’s not just the absence of Dan that was noticeable. Where was David Heyman, David Yates or even Steve Klose? All the other panels have their producers, directors and writers alongside the cast. Why was there no effort at all to coordinator some group together? Also, why weren’t we given the opportunity to ask Tom Felton questions? Green Lantern & Sucker Punch allowed for a line of questions. If Tom was representing everyone, we should have been able to ask him questions.

Posted by eiVega on July 27, 2010, 12:33 PM report to moderator
Emma_watson_polyvore_thumb

Oh wow, Harry Potter has been closer to them than to us…..They wept, poor them, “Won’t ever wear Hogwarts robes ever again..”

Lily_evans_and_severus_snape_by_aura3107_thumb

This whole business of the end makes me weep as well…

Posted by JessSnape on July 27, 2010, 01:05 PM report to moderator

Honestly, I don’t know how you couldn’t cry! I can’t imagine that you could adequately portray a character without some empathy for them. The end of DH is really emotionally intense.

Posted by Noble Birth Descending on July 27, 2010, 01:08 PM report to moderator
Img_44501_thumb

aww. sigh. just let me go cry now.

Posted by mai {beatnik owl} on July 27, 2010, 01:11 PM report to moderator
Harry_potter_seal_thumb

Awww! Now I’m gonna cry! I can’t believe it’s over!

Posted by Jacket on July 27, 2010, 01:25 PM report to moderator
Mac3_thumb
1925 Points

Aw poor rupert :"(

Posted by Parkinsonpansy on July 27, 2010, 01:44 PM report to moderator
Me_halloween_thumb

I’m tearing up a bit now reading this (which is embarrassing because I’m in the middle of a cafeteria.)

I know when the last movie comes out I’ll be bawling with all the other fans. It will be like the 7th book all over again.

Posted by HugsForWizards on July 27, 2010, 01:52 PM report to moderator
Me_at_hogwarts_thumb

“never wear those robes again” :‘( when i think about it….when there are no more news articles, no more new trailers, information, commercials, merchandise…my life will be blank…i’ll be walking in darkness…wondering where it went… aaaaaaahhhhh sobbing hysterically

Posted by ProfessorAlice on July 27, 2010, 02:01 PM report to moderator
P1010630_thumb

I agree with what others have said – I think Dan is a real decent human being – the bit about the 3 of them crying at the end doesn’t surprise me – I imagine it was emotional for a lot of people but especially these 3 who have grwon up surrounded by this “family.”

Posted by Hagrid 713 (ROAR) on July 27, 2010, 02:04 PM report to moderator
P1010630_thumb

I just hope that when they come out with the super super deluxe collection of all the movies we get more of the three backstage, etc – not necessarily something as private as the last scene & crying, but I do enjoy seeing them cutting up, or the out-takes.

Posted by Hagrid 713 (ROAR) on July 27, 2010, 02:07 PM report to moderator

"I can't see any boils," said Ron, staring at the twins.[br]"No, well, you wouldn't," said Fred darkly, "they're not in a place we generally display to the public --"[br]"-- but they make sitting on a broom a right pain in the --"