Twelve Page Personal Horoscope Hand Drawn by JKR For Sale

J.K. Rowling
Posted by: Edward
July 30, 2010, 07:18 PM

The Scotsman is tonight reporting that a rare and unpublished "hand drawn, personal horoscope and natal chart" created by Harry Potter author J.K. Rowling is being offered for sale for £25,000 through high end memorabilia specialists Paul Fraser Collectibles. Rowling reportedly drew the item for Jack David Buchanan after his birth in 1994 after attending baby classes alongside the boy's parents.

According to the Scottish newspaper, the item "comprises 12 loose pages in a plastic folder" with a cover illustration that "depicts the chart's key astrological symbols of the sun, fishes and a lion in pen, ink and coloured pencil laid down on bright blue coloured card."

The article additionally details the boy's horoscope:
    She wrote: "Born the cusp of Aquarius and Pisces. He will enjoy school, perhaps be accident-prone, (like all Pisces) could be prone to alcoholism, and (perhaps like us all) may well fall in love with someone totally incompatible."
    The chart apparently suggests that the boy will have great literary talent stating "the planet of fantasy and imagination meets a sign frequently associated with bookishness."
    Rowling wonders whether his "ability to weave a good yarn" could perhaps bring fame and fortune, before deciding that becoming a film director would better suit his talents.
    Apparently wishing for some small slice of fame for herself, Rowling wonders if the boy would perhaps at least mention her in his Oscar acceptance speech.
    "This peculiar woman my mother knows predicted I would be standing before you today ... of course, my parents laughed at the time," she wrote.
A spokeswoman for Paul Fraser Collectibles notes that unpublished illustrations and writings by Rowling "offer a wonderful insight into the creative mind behind Harry Potter" and "a fascinating example of Rowling's prose."

Many thanks, Rosi!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent J.K. Rowling News

Hermione_grange_thumb

That nices!

Posted by HarryPotterGirl (Hermione) on July 30, 2010, 07:57 PM report to moderator
User170224_pic7538_1238947280_thumb

Awww this is soo sweet<3

Posted by Peace.Love.Potter ♥ on July 30, 2010, 08:03 PM report to moderator
Jksgdhlkjhdsfg_thumb

Whoa. Had no idea she was an astrologist. Go Jo! :)

Posted by RavenclawZombie on July 30, 2010, 08:03 PM report to moderator
0607091716_thumb

I wouldn’t sell something written personally for me from a friend whoever the author was or whatever the $ value.

Posted by waynenc on July 30, 2010, 08:09 PM report to moderator
Casualvacanycover_2266306a_thumb

awe how clever! she is so sweet!!!!! i wouldnt ever want to sell it! and of course i do not have that type of money to buy it!!! it is so cool though!

Posted by Catherine ( *SQUEE!*) on July 30, 2010, 08:28 PM report to moderator
Samus_thumb

I most certainly wouldn’t sell it, especially since they were friends and it was for their son, who is around 16 now.

Posted by Jaclyn {WBM} on July 30, 2010, 08:33 PM report to moderator
Samus_thumb

Posted by Jaclyn {WBM} on July 30, 2010, 08:33 PM report to moderator
354970789b_thumb

I would never sell anything that precious.

Posted by Vicki_The_House_Elf *ROAR* ϟ on July 30, 2010, 08:56 PM report to moderator
354970789b_thumb

If it were for charity then it would be a wonderful thing to do, but theres no mention of charity. Just another greedy person trying to get some money out of JKRowlings good name. :(

Posted by Vicki_The_House_Elf *ROAR* ϟ on July 30, 2010, 09:05 PM report to moderator
Casualvacanycover_2266306a_thumb

she really isnt having the best birthday so far is she? i was just looking back.we havent gotten Jo News in so long and we get two pieces the day before her bday and 1 is because someone is sueing her and the other is because one of her old friends is selling something she made for them a long time ago….Poor Jo i hope she has a better day tomorrow!

Posted by Catherine ( *SQUEE!*) on July 30, 2010, 09:18 PM report to moderator
Choco_dementor_thumb

I agree with joginny1994*SQUEE!*
I would never sell something a friend wrote for me personally….and right before her birthday; I hope it doesn’t bring her down too much.

Posted by The Half-Blood Lauma' on July 30, 2010, 10:43 PM report to moderator

There’s no way they should sell that! Not only is it a total betrayal of her friendship, but it was so incredibly personalized — it will have lost its meaning for whoever ends up buying it. It’s also so embarrassing for Jo. An astrology chart she made for a friend’s baby isn’t any of our (the public’s) business, and we certainly don’t have any business reading it or buying it without her permission (and it doesn’t sound like she’s given it!) Especially for that kind of money. On the other hand, if she HAS given it, then that’s fine… but I still wouldn’t want to buy it.

Posted by Libby on July 30, 2010, 11:53 PM report to moderator
I_thought_about_flying____by_siriuslyec_thumb

Unless it is being sold for a charity that Jo supports, I would be hurt and insulted if I were in her position. I do hope the money is going to a good cause. Happy early birthday Jo and Harry! Just 5 minutes!

Posted by PaintTheSky on July 31, 2010, 12:14 AM report to moderator
Dhsmall_thumb

She wrote this for a couple’s child and they’re selling it? How cool would it be to tell your child when they grow up that J.K. Rowling wrote this for you when you were a baby?

Posted by akcorr on July 31, 2010, 12:15 AM report to moderator
I_thought_about_flying____by_siriuslyec_thumb

@SaskiaM I don’t believe whoever is selling it needs Jo’s permission as it was a gift, therefore it is no longer her property and she forfeited any right she had to it once it was handed over. If it had anything to do with Harry then the story might be different, but I doubt it has.

Posted by PaintTheSky on July 31, 2010, 12:18 AM report to moderator

Issue 28 - Apr. 2014

"Met [Ginny] jus' yesterday... I reckon she was hopin' she might run inter someone else at my house." He winked at Harry. "If yeh ask me, [i]she[/i] wouldn' say no ter a signed --"[br]"Oh, shut up," said Harry. Ron snorted with laughter and the ground was