Bonnie Wright Discusses Ginny and Filming the Epilogue

Wright
Posted by: Mel
July 06, 2010, 08:25 PM

In a new interview with MTV Bonnie Wright (Ginny Weasley) talks about how Ginny's relationship with Harry came as a surprise to her:

"Being the person who sort of ends up with the hero of this franchise is never something I ever would have imagined," she said of her character becoming Harry's love interest. "It's just been so exciting, so lovely to have something that develops further, and you can make [Ginny] my own and take things from your own life growing up and put those things into it."

Wright also discusses the filming of the epilogue in "Deathly Hallows":
Regarding the much-discussed, heavily hyped epilogue, Wright said the "full-on scene" is a fitting end to the series because the filmmakers chose to shoot it as a stand-alone ending, not just a background for the end credits. She added that one of her last scenes in the epilogue was a particularly surreal moment, because her character started and ended her "Potter" journey in the same place.
"It wasn't my last scene, but it was one of my last scenes. That's where I started the journey of 'Harry Potter,' on the platform, and then to see the girl who's playing our daughter was just psychologically, it was very weird, because she's the same age as me. It was literally having a whole cycle of the journey."

You can read more here. "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1" comes out November 19th, and "Deathly Hallows: Part 2" comes out July 15th, 2011.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Wright News

She’s such an amazing actress.

Posted by OddRavenclaw222~WBM~ on July 06, 2010, 10:07 PM report to moderator

Bonnie Wright FTW! and First Comment! Woot!

Posted by OddRavenclaw222~WBM~ on July 06, 2010, 10:07 PM report to moderator
Movies_ootp_premieries_imax_001_thumb

Aww so nostalgic. Bonnie is awesome

Posted by Azaad Potter The Chosen One [ROAR] on July 06, 2010, 10:12 PM report to moderator
170747_530882362413_208201703_31522693_980344_o_thumb

I’m interested to see where they take her character in the movies, as she’s sort of been a background character.

Posted by AldenF on July 06, 2010, 10:16 PM report to moderator
My_wannndnb_thumb

she’s s down to earth its awesome

Posted by schmalzes on July 06, 2010, 10:35 PM report to moderator
Tumblr_mhtdm2xtoo1r5souzo7_250_thumb
20981 Points

I can imagine how freaking it must have been filming with a ‘’mini me’‘. This the the part I’m most looking forward to seeing.

Posted by LunaLuver on July 06, 2010, 10:40 PM report to moderator
149638_103433969730594_2631787_n_thumb

Bonnie Wright Wrocks!!!!!

Posted by sessionka oom4 CW on July 06, 2010, 11:09 PM report to moderator

What an amazing young woman! She really does rock at Ginny! Great interview.

Posted by hewy on July 06, 2010, 11:23 PM report to moderator
Owl_watermelon_thumb

I hope Bonnie gets more screen time in DH.

Posted by Lucia Meadows on July 06, 2010, 11:57 PM report to moderator
Hpdh_thumb

cant wait for the epi

Posted by ZachBlack [ROAR] on July 07, 2010, 12:09 AM report to moderator
Starship_thumb

Can’t wait! Bonnie is awesome!

Posted by NaRgLeS.WuZz.H3r3(: {Roar} on July 07, 2010, 12:35 AM report to moderator

I hope they show her fighting Bellitrid before Mrs. Wesley kills her. She did kill her didn’t she I can’t remember if she actually killed her. Oh well I will just re read it. Again

Posted by doughboy6390 on July 07, 2010, 01:20 AM report to moderator
25599_1224363576613_1454721324_30492766_257866_n_thumb

cant wait until it comes out!!

Posted by linkin.park on July 07, 2010, 01:42 AM report to moderator
Tumblr_l15yftnpua1qad5emo1_500_thumb

Boonie is awesome. :D

Posted by Little Light ^HISS^ on July 07, 2010, 03:01 AM report to moderator
All-voldemort-needs_thumb

Bonnie is a good actress. I hope that she will have a long and exciting career! :)

Posted by Pollytomat on July 07, 2010, 03:04 AM report to moderator

Mad-Eye Moody was sniffing at a chicken leg with what remained of his nose; evidently he could not detect any trace of poison, because he then tore a strip off it with his teeth.