"Deathly Hallows" Film Split Revealed; Images of Xeno, Scrimgeour, Bagshot, and Gregorovitch Online (Update)

DH Film
Posted by: Edward
August 12, 2010, 01:35 PM

The latest issue of Entertainment Weekly features a cover story on the upcoming "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1" film, which, at long last, reveals the split for the final installments of the film.  High Res scans of the entire EW feature can be found right here thanks to RupertGrint.net.  The report features a number interviews with the cast and never before published information about the film.  A caution now to readers, for the rest of this post will contain SPOILERS!

The film, EW reports, "will end at about Chapter 24 of the book, with Voldemort gaining possession of the Elder Wand, one of the three Deathly Hallows that allow the bearer to conquer death."  The article goes on to feature quotes from many of the cast members and director David Yates, who speak in turn about bringing the conclusion of the Potter series to the big screen.  They also reveal details about the film; including the final scene the Trio ever filmed together.  Quoteage:
The three of them [Radcliffe, Watson, and Grint] are shooting a scene in the Room of Requirement in which Harry, Ron, and Hermione are searching for a Horcrux- in this case, a tiara-like Ravenclaw diadem.  Watson and Grint are sopping wet.  (In the film, Ron and Hermione have recently destroyed another horcrux in the water and were perused by a Voldemort-shaped tsunami.)
As production on the two films wound down this summer, the three stars faced the prospect of having to film their final scene together.  "It was bizarre," Watson said last week by phone.  "Walking on to set that day, there was this incredibly thick atmosphere.  It felt like a moment in history.  It felt really big."  In the scene, Harry, Ron, and Hermione have broken into the Ministry of Magic.  They jinx a woman and drag her into a tiny storage area.  So the final frame ever shot of all three actors takes place in a cramped little room.  "These characters have been in the most fantaistical situations at Hogwarts- they've been in the Dark Forest, all these extraordinary places," says Yates.  "It was an odd way to finish, really."  But poetic, perhaps, considering that the whole series began with a boy who lived in a tiny room under the stairs of a house on Privet Drive.  "In a way," says Yates, "the series started with a cupboard and ended with one."
The full article can be read right here.  "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1" will be in theaters on November 19, while "Deathly Hallows: Part 2" will arrive on the big screen July 2011.  The Fall Movie Preview issue of EW is on newsstands now.

Update: We now have this new photo of Dan Radcliffe as Harry Potter in formal wizard wear brandishing his wand.

Many, many thanks to our Order Partners, RupertGrint.net!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent DH Film News

Ron1_thumb

Harry and Ginny! The Dark Lord Ascending chapter! Xeno Lovegood! Oh my gosh. These scans are fantastic. I’m not going to read where the split is though. I want to be surprised :D

Posted by Christine on August 12, 2010, 02:01 PM report to moderator
Unknown_thumb

I love where they are having the split! That mean the second film will be largely about the battle!

Posted by Katie_Lily on August 12, 2010, 02:08 PM report to moderator
Tumblr_lof6suzoya1qzaf17o4_250_thumb

awesome pics! brings up memories :)

Posted by Matea on August 12, 2010, 02:14 PM report to moderator

FANTASTIC! =)
While I was hoping for something a little more ‘cliff-hanger’ like for the ending (after the Snatchers snatch the trio, Hermione’s tortured screams echoing over a black screen), I think this will make an excellent ending to Part I. Giving the audience a change to breathe after what is sure to be a terrifying Malfoy Manor scene may be just what we need to be able to exit the theatre in an organized fashion.
Note: The article does mention that the end will be at “about” Chapter 24. Voldemort gets the wand at the END of Chapter 24 (“THE WANDMAKER”), meaning that there will likely be the conversation between Harry and Ollivander that we saw in the original teaser trailer – “What do you know about the Deathly Hallows”). It may end without said conversation, but I doubt it.

Very excited. =P

Posted by Amy Marie on August 12, 2010, 02:18 PM report to moderator

That’s a great part to make the split!! Perfect— I can almost imagine it! Awesome stuff— ahaha “it started with a cupboard and ends with one.”
I CANT WAIT

Posted by on August 12, 2010, 02:18 PM report to moderator
Harrypotter_thumb

I am in tears right now. Gosh.

Posted by MikeMagpuyo on August 12, 2010, 02:19 PM report to moderator
Photo_108_thumb
“In the film, Ron and Hermione have recently destroyed another horcrux in the water and were perused by a Voldemort-shaped tsunami.” <- uhmmm, WHAT? i dont even understand that….
Posted by JoannaRenea on August 12, 2010, 02:23 PM report to moderator
Nano_thumb

Oh my God, these scans are fantastic! They are literally epic, I can’t hardly wait for DH part 1 to come out!! :D

Posted by Bookworm_Girl on August 12, 2010, 02:26 PM report to moderator
I-quote_hogwarts0144_thumb

awesome. i don’t know what to say.

Posted by BewareoftheNargles {WBM} on August 12, 2010, 02:36 PM report to moderator
Tumblr_lphabmv2ob1qcqbbso1_500_thumb

Oh my god, this article makes me squel – but I’m also crying. It’s all ending, it’s so sad!

Posted by Bech7Raven [WBM] on August 12, 2010, 02:36 PM report to moderator
Hp-trio-dhx_thumb

oh my rowling,i’m over-hyped!
and the tsunami shaped voldemort-horcrux thing sounds great :D

Posted by xxIBelieveInNarglesxx on August 12, 2010, 02:36 PM report to moderator
Moon3_thumb

I’ll be getting that tomorrow

Posted by Figment on August 12, 2010, 02:37 PM report to moderator
Moon3_thumb

I’ll be getting that tomorrow

Posted by Figment on August 12, 2010, 02:38 PM report to moderator
Hp-trio-dhx_thumb

erm,i meant voldemort shaped tsunami :P

Posted by xxIBelieveInNarglesxx on August 12, 2010, 02:38 PM report to moderator
Thio_palha_o_msn_thumb

I like the Split… but that doesn’t mean much. They could easily change the order of things and put that scene at any moment they want. But awesome ending!!

Posted by Thio on August 12, 2010, 02:41 PM report to moderator

"Now -- be warned! It is my job to arm you against the foulest creatures known to wizardkind! You may find yourselves facing your worst fears in this room. Know only that no harm can befall you whilst I am here. All I ask is that you remain calm."

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014