Leaky's Daily Quotedown to Deathly Hallows: 86 Days

DH Film
Posted by: Edward
August 25, 2010, 04:44 PM

There are now only 86 days left until "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part I" hits theaters!  We are posting a quote from the first half of the book every day in celebration and to give us a chance to discuss and ponder the final book as it goes to film.  Here is today's!

A flash of brightest blue. Harry froze, his cut finger slipping on the jagged edge of the mirror again. He had imagined it, he must have done. . . . If anything was certain, it was that the bright blue eyes of Albus Dumbledore would never pierce him again.
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, "In Memoriam"

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent DH Film News

This one always makes me sad :( I love Dumbledore.

Posted by Rainbow*Bubbles on August 26, 2010, 03:18 AM report to moderator

This one always makes me sad :( I love Dumbledore.

Posted by Rainbow*Bubbles on August 26, 2010, 03:18 AM report to moderator
Ravenclaw_thumb

As DH movie gets closer, so does the end of Harry Potter… but when i’m older I shall make my children read it and watch the movies, or else… yes, evil mother here lol

Those of you who say dumbledore isn’t dead, your in denial. Just like I was over Sirius’s death. And others from the final battle, not gonna say who because some may not have read it. Here’s a hint tho: Pink Hair and an Ex-DADA professor.

Posted by gurugirl on August 26, 2010, 03:45 AM report to moderator

@ gurugirl i caught it. Maybe there just the movie goers that haven’t read the books cause the ending is clear on Dumledore’s death. As this quote goes i love and hate it. It shows Rowling’s brilliant writing and knowing how to play with her readers in making us think that maybe there is a chance that Dumledore was still alive.

Posted by lpierich on August 26, 2010, 04:54 AM report to moderator

Such a sad line..
Made me miss Professor Dumbledore.

Posted by dn25 on August 26, 2010, 05:20 AM report to moderator
Melissa_thumb

What a wrenching quote today.

Posted by Melissa Anelli on August 26, 2010, 05:27 AM report to moderator
Wig4_thumb

This one always makes me sad

Posted by Fleur-de- Lily on August 26, 2010, 06:02 AM report to moderator
Panda_thumb

Quite a powerful quote..

Posted by FilmGirl27 *Team Weasley!* (ROAR!!) on August 26, 2010, 06:50 AM report to moderator
Imagescaoyiy8w_thumb

WOW!!! A very good quote indeed, although a bit sad also!!!!!! lol

Posted by Mistic Willow on August 26, 2010, 08:34 AM report to moderator
Mad-eye-moody_thumb

An emotive and powerful quote. Leaky are doing a good job to pick the best of the book! Although the whole thing is amazing.

Posted by eccentricalice on August 26, 2010, 08:43 AM report to moderator
Dobby_thumb

So dramatic!

Posted by Zack D. on August 26, 2010, 09:16 AM report to moderator
Diagon_thumb

I LOVE this quote! It really gives me chills, and knowing later on that it was Aberforth keeping an eye on Harry, ahh it’s just lovely :D getting more and more excited for DH by the day :)

Posted by Sigourney♥ on August 26, 2010, 09:23 AM report to moderator
Da1a_thumb

Very poignant! To me, it outlines the fact that DD IS gone…and of course opens up a mystery as to what was happening!

Posted by Rin68nyr on August 26, 2010, 09:36 AM report to moderator
Mr_bean__thumb

oh gosh, gave me the chills. we miss you albus dumbledore

Posted by hermionenluna TZS ROAR! on August 26, 2010, 09:51 AM report to moderator
41483_1763995488_9057_q_thumb

can someone remind me? Is he looking into the broken mirror that Sirius gave him? How did Aberforth get the other mirror? I have to read this book again!

Posted by Silvery Doe on August 26, 2010, 09:53 AM report to moderator

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014

"I don't believe it!" Ron said, in a stunned voice, as the Hogwarts students filed back up the steps behind the party from Durmstrang. "Krum, Harry! [i]Viktor Krum!"[/i][br]"For heaven's sake, Ron, he's only a Quidditch player," said Hermione.