Emma Watson: New Pixie Haircut Was "The Most Liberating Thing"

Watson Interviews
Posted by: Rosi
August 05, 2010, 05:25 PM

Emma Watson (Hermione Granger) described her recent short pixie haircut as "the most liberating thing!" to Entertainment Weekly. “The stylist just grabbed the back of my hair and took a whole ponytail of hair out. It felt amazing,” continued the actress, also commenting that she "missed all that experimentation that most teenagers go through." For continuity purposes in her role as Hermione Granger, Watson had to keep her hair in the same style for a decade whilst she worked on the Harry Potter films.

Watson further remarks that she has wanted to cut her hair since the age of "about 16 so as soon as I had the chance I was like, 'Right. This is it.'" The short EW.com article features a Polaroid of Watson's new hair from Entertainment Weekly's upcoming Fall Movie Preview issue. You can find this new picture in our galleries via this link.

In related news, Emma Watson updated her new Facebook page and Twitter account to comment further on the haircut, once again describing it as liberating. On Facebook, Watson wrote:

Dear all. Cut my hair off a few days ago... Feels incredible. I love it. I've wanted to do this for years and years; it's the most liberating thing ever. Hope you like. Big love from Emma x
A new black and white photo of Watson sporting her new look has been uploaded to the Facebook page and can be seen in our galleries at this link.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Watson Interviews News

She looks beautiful! Thumbs up for untraditional haircuts! :D

Posted by MarenSusanna on August 05, 2010, 05:37 PM report to moderator
Prophecy_thumb

It really depresses me that a haircut can be considered a stop-the-presses moment. Aren’t there more interesting things to write about. I mean, it’s just hair.

Posted by DeliaDee on August 05, 2010, 05:37 PM report to moderator
Thecave_thumb

She looks great. Good luck Emma.

Posted by mollywobble on August 05, 2010, 05:39 PM report to moderator
Always_thumb

I was really shocked at this haircut but im coming around to it. Well done emma for having the guts to do it =]

Posted by spiritbound on August 05, 2010, 05:39 PM report to moderator
Muahaha_thumb

NYAH! Gorgeous! Just when I thought she couldn’t get any prettier.

And I wouldn’t call this a “stop the presses” moment. More like a reason for entertainment outlets to show more pictures of Emma Watson. That’s their turf.

Posted by ScottMan on August 05, 2010, 05:40 PM report to moderator
The_same_hermy_gif_thumb

Shocking! She looks amazing! I think I might like her longer hair a little better…but I think this will grow on me. :)

Posted by Potter_Puella on August 05, 2010, 05:43 PM report to moderator

Yeah, it’s not like the report came from the New York Times or something…it’s Entertainment Weekly. Once in a while (actually, quite often) they do stories which are really just fluff.

Posted by critterfur on August 05, 2010, 05:44 PM report to moderator
Buckbeak_thumb

No more bushy hair! No really – Emma looks beautiful.

Posted by Girlraven1 on August 05, 2010, 05:44 PM report to moderator

She still looks beautiful

Posted by silverdoe65 on August 05, 2010, 05:45 PM report to moderator
Th_f33617d0_thumb

OMG! Nooooooo!

Not Emma too! Women look horrible with short hair. Awful.

So sad. :-(

Posted by owlsocks on August 05, 2010, 05:47 PM report to moderator

She looks nice.

Posted by dobby_rocks on August 05, 2010, 05:47 PM report to moderator

She looks nice.

Posted by dobby_rocks on August 05, 2010, 05:47 PM report to moderator
Deathly_hallows_nowhere_is_safe_poster_normal_thumb

i don’t like it I’m not saying she looks horrible but I don’t like her hair cut she totally stepped out of the Hermione she used to be. All I can say is, Really Emma? Really?! She was way better with longer hair

Posted by blackhawks88 on August 05, 2010, 05:48 PM report to moderator
Deathly_hallows_nowhere_is_safe_poster_normal_thumb

Posted by blackhawks88 on August 05, 2010, 05:48 PM report to moderator
Deathly_hallows_nowhere_is_safe_poster_normal_thumb

Posted by blackhawks88 on August 05, 2010, 05:48 PM report to moderator

"Asleep, yeah, right," said Fred in an undertone, after Hermione bade them good night and they were climbing to the next floor. "If Ginny's not lying awake waiting for Hermione to tell her everything they said downstairs, then I'm a flobberworm..."