Confirmed: AVPM's Darren Criss Cast on FOX's "Glee"

Fans
Posted by: Edward
September 26, 2010, 06:53 PM

There is a bit of fandom news online today, for Harry Potter has gotta get back to McKinley High.  Entertainment Weekly is reporting that actor and singer Darren Criss, star of the popular fan-created YouTube musicals "A Very Potter Musical" and "A Very Potter Sequel," has been cast on the also popular FOX television show, "Glee."  The article goes on to say that Criss has been cast as "Blaine—a cute and charismatic gay student from a rival Glee club named the Dalton Academy Warblers—will maintain a strictly platonic friendship with McKinley High’s most out and proud pupil" (Kurt, portrayed by actor Chris Colfer).  Mr. Criss received his role on the show following his submission of an audition tape as part of an open casting call "Glee" producers held this summer.  As readers will reacall, Leaky conducted an interview with Criss and his fellow "A Very Potter Musical" creators in 2009, which can be seen via this link.

"Glee" airs Tuesday evenings at 8/7c on the FOX television network in the States.

Update: Leaky has confirmed this casting to be accurate.  Criss' role is to involve the story line involving Kurt's boyfriend, says a source close to the casting.

Many, many thanks to Andrew! :)

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Fans News

Neaqtw_th_thumb

Woooo! this is awesome!

Posted by GryffindorGarstang on September 26, 2010, 07:26 PM report to moderator
119152761_thumb

Woooo! I’m a casual watcher of glee, I kinda like it. But now I’ll watch it a lot more if Darren’s on it! Yay!

Posted by butterbeer bottle on September 26, 2010, 07:32 PM report to moderator
Films_dh_articles_dhew_11_thumb

Wow! This is awesome news! I love AVPM and Glee! I was wondering who was going to play Kurt’s boyfriend!

Posted by harrypotter1991{ROAR} on September 26, 2010, 07:37 PM report to moderator
Hp_buddyicons_caught_bellamlfy_96x96_129322477441953550_thumb

i’m actually going to be watching Glee now that darren’s on it…i’ve never seen it before but half my school population does so i’ve heard lots about it

Posted by HalfBloodPrincesss (Jenna Evans) on September 26, 2010, 07:42 PM report to moderator
Bookworm_thumb

I am so excited about this; I’ve been going crazy since I saw EW’s Tweet! I wasn’t sure if it was true, but since Leaky’s posting it, I’m guessing that it is. Hopefully now all my non-HP fan friends who wouldn’t listen when I kept telling them how awesome AVPM & AVPS are and how talented the production team is will now believe me! I love it when some of my favorite things come together, is this is a big one! :D

Posted by Bookworm Jen on September 26, 2010, 07:43 PM report to moderator

Yay! Harry Potter and Glee collide!!!

Posted by Noble Birth Descending on September 26, 2010, 07:43 PM report to moderator
Dobbyavvie_thumb

I’m flipping out.

Posted by Scarlet~Phoenix on September 26, 2010, 08:05 PM report to moderator
Hermione_thumb

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love AVPM and I HATE GLEE but I may actually start to like it now!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by i_am_hermione on September 26, 2010, 08:06 PM report to moderator

THIS IS AMAZING!!11

Posted by Lily Phoenix on September 26, 2010, 08:11 PM report to moderator
58118_132230363492317_100001160614391_151843_1249933_n_thumb

YES!!!! I just started watching Glee and got hooked and this just makes it all that much better!!!!!!!

Posted by JK.jr. on September 26, 2010, 08:13 PM report to moderator

I’m so glad Darren’s on the show, he’s SO GOOD. Sadly I get home at 9:30 on Tuesdays so I’ll always be a little behind (I think they usually put the latest couple of episodes online).
I was starting to get bored with Glee as well, so I’m glad they’re adding a little bit of totally awesome to the mix.

Posted by andarocketship on September 26, 2010, 08:19 PM report to moderator
Beijingsquare_thumb

Dreams really do come true! Two of my geek loves have just collided! So proud of and happy for Darren. TOTAL AWESOMENESS!

Posted by karrijustina on September 26, 2010, 08:24 PM report to moderator

This is TOTALLY AWESOME!!!

Posted by EastTwilight on September 26, 2010, 08:26 PM report to moderator
Totallyawesome-1_thumb

YES!!!!! OH MY GOSH!!! GO DARREN!!!

Posted by GottaGetBackToHogwarts[WBM] on September 26, 2010, 08:34 PM report to moderator
My_quote1_thumb

Omg this is big news. I love glee and watch every episode.

Posted by thundermountain7*Roar* on September 26, 2010, 08:43 PM report to moderator

But then, through the mist in front of him, he saw, with an icy surge of terror, the dark outline of a man, tall and skeletally thin, rising slowly from inside the cauldron.[br]"Robe me," said the high cold voice from behind the steam...

Issue 28 - Apr. 2014