First Preview Clip of Oprah Interview with J. K. Rowling Online

J.K. Rowling
Posted by: Edward
September 29, 2010, 06:25 PM

The Oprah Show YouTube channel has been updated with this 41 second video teaser from Friday's interview with Harry Potter author J. K. Rowling.  In the teaser, topics such as Ms. Rowling's quick rise to fame, her depression, and day-to-day life are touched on.

If you are able to capture any additional previews or commercials showcasing the interview, please do email us at staff@leakynews.com.  Any readers who are able to capture the video are also encouraged to email!

To see when The Oprah Winfrey Show airs in your area, please click here.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent J.K. Rowling News

Img_44501_thumb

cool :]

Posted by mai {beatnik owl} on September 29, 2010, 09:54 PM report to moderator
76794_148926398488496_100001134117742_241311_2009141_n_thumb

I’m hoping my class ends early so I can get home in time to watch at least some of it

Posted by StayFree37 on September 29, 2010, 09:58 PM report to moderator
Wand_thumb

Thanks Leaky!

Posted by #1 Witch ROAR! on September 29, 2010, 10:16 PM report to moderator
354970789b_thumb

Yay! Very excited to see this, Jo always give such great interviews, and always speaks so honestly. I’m very curious to know what she regrets (?)

Posted by Vicki_The_House_Elf *ROAR* ϟ on September 29, 2010, 10:32 PM report to moderator
Asha_and_caleb_thumb

I still don’t understand why she’s doing this interview. I mean I love hearing Jo talk, but I can’t imagine her telling anything we haven’t heard before.
There’s no reason for her to do it, unless she’s going to make a big announcement.

I’m no Oprah fan, but I plan on watching it, and/or taping it (I still have a VCR).

Posted by sessionka oom4 CW on September 29, 2010, 10:57 PM report to moderator
Anime_thumb

I want more of it.

Posted by Susmita singh on September 30, 2010, 02:43 AM report to moderator
Wig4_thumb

Cool.

Posted by Fleur-de- Lily on September 30, 2010, 04:30 AM report to moderator
Royaltyofnarniaavie3_thumb

I’m soooo looking forward to it!! It seems so long ago we saw a new interview! I love Jo! I hope it’ll be on Leaky soon, because I don’t think I can see it on our channels…

Posted by lollifant on September 30, 2010, 06:41 AM report to moderator
41483_1763995488_9057_q_thumb

I’m not too excited that Oprah is going to interview her but it does seem, from the clip, that is may be a good interview.

Posted by Silvery Doe on September 30, 2010, 06:56 AM report to moderator

Oprah Winfrey isn’t aired in Austria… T__T maybe it’s on one of the British channels we get =/

Posted by honigmuffin on September 30, 2010, 10:10 AM report to moderator
Tumblr_lof6suzoya1qzaf17o4_250_thumb

oh! can’t wait! 2 most amazing women ever!

Posted by Matea on September 30, 2010, 10:46 AM report to moderator
Got-hogwarts_houses_thumb

I’ll bet that her big regret is just that her mother didn’t live long enough to see JKR begin to achieve success, or even to read Book One.

If she’s going to talk about her depression, I still want to know why she made it okay for her characters to treat Cho like a plague to be avoided just because she cried a lot.

Posted by WeenyOwl {The Human Deluminator} on September 30, 2010, 11:51 AM report to moderator
For_your_consideration_thumb

WOW!! :)
this interview wil deffo be really interesting!!!! :D
PLEASE PUT THE INTERVIEW ON LEAKY ;)

Posted by Harrypotterultrafan on September 30, 2010, 01:26 PM report to moderator
05230215470101_thumb

OMG! Can’t wait for the interview!

… but really? 9 seconds of the frickin Oprah logo at the end??? Really?!?! There could have been at least a few more seconds of the interview. or… they could have cut the logo intirely. LOL :] I hate Oprah.

Posted by Gryffipuff! on September 30, 2010, 01:35 PM report to moderator
Jacques_tati_hulot1_thumb

facepalm Seriously, Oprah asked JK.Rowling if she’s still taking the bus? Wow! Exciting!

Posted by Mr. Brightside on September 30, 2010, 03:32 PM report to moderator

Issue 28 - Apr. 2014

He couldn't know that at this very moment, people meeting in secret all over the country were holding up their glasses and saying in hushed voices: "To Harry Potter -- the boy who lived!"