Fourth Annual Quidditch World Cup Will Be in New York City

Fan Events
Posted by: Mel
September 03, 2010, 04:03 AM

This year, from November 13th to November 14th, New York City will play host to the fourth annual Quidditch World Cup, organized by the International Quidditch Association. Fifty teams have already registered to compete, so if your team would like to participate in the Cup register here soon because participation is on a first come, first serve basis. Both high school and college teams are welcome to compete.

For the location and more information on the Quidditch World Cup visit the IQA website or the Quidditch World Cup Facebook event page.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Fan Events News

Wig4_thumb

Cool.

Posted by Fleur-de- Lily on September 03, 2010, 04:52 AM report to moderator
Movies_ootp_premieries_imax_001_thumb

Awesome

Posted by Azaad Potter The Chosen One [ROAR] on September 03, 2010, 05:42 AM report to moderator
Snapshot_20121213_2_thumb

Nice

Posted by Gryffindor_Girl_xx {ROAR!!} on September 03, 2010, 07:10 AM report to moderator
Mauraders_thumb

Oh how I want to go! I wish I had a way to get there! Both my parents Universities are playing in it! :) I wish I could attend!

Posted by CanadianGryffindor_96 {ROAR!!} on September 03, 2010, 08:50 AM report to moderator
111253053264374815_j3jgvm8y_c_thumb

I wish I lived in NYC!

Posted by ksddancer... ROAR!!!!!!! on September 03, 2010, 09:26 AM report to moderator
Leaky_ron_icon_thumb
20305 Points

one day I will see this, just not this year it seems!

Posted by friendofblob on September 03, 2010, 09:33 AM report to moderator
Image_thumb

Wow, that’s huge! Wouldn’t it be cool if JK went to watch? Has she ever made an appearance?

Posted by Smitch on September 03, 2010, 10:06 AM report to moderator
My_quote1_thumb

I might be able to go

Posted by thundermountain7*Roar* on September 03, 2010, 10:27 AM report to moderator
Lily_evans_and_severus_snape_by_aura3107_thumb

I would love to go watch this event!! I have never been to anything like that at all!!

Posted by JessSnape on September 03, 2010, 10:36 AM report to moderator

If you are coming into NYC for the Quidditch World Cup, try to stay an extra week. The Group That Shall Not Be Named has tons of events planned.

Join us for the Deathly Hallows movie premier then, that weekend on Sunday November 21st is the New York City Wizard Rock Festival! www.nycwizardrockfestival.com

Posted by TGTSNBN on September 03, 2010, 10:49 AM report to moderator
Da1a_thumb

oh, I hope they televise it…or post video on the internet!

Posted by Rin68nyr on September 03, 2010, 11:05 AM report to moderator
Tumblr_l7kpzso0nm1qczcnxo1_400_thumb

I agree, so those who can’t go can see how great it was and be jealous…

Posted by Pigwidgeon on September 03, 2010, 11:13 AM report to moderator

IT’S IN NEW YORK CITY?!?! WHY ISN’T THIS EPIC EVENT A MIDDLEBURY?!?! WOAH! THIS IS GONNA BE LESS AWESOME NOW! NEXT YEAR IT BETTER BE IN BOSTEN! PLEASE LET IT BE ON A WEEKEND! PLEASE! Anyway I really, realy, really, really, really, really want to go and I swear I will!

Posted by hp's dead account on September 03, 2010, 11:31 AM report to moderator

Ah, I can’t go.
1. It’s in NYC.
2. I’m hopefully still going to Harry Potter World!!! SQUEE!

Posted by hp's dead account on September 03, 2010, 11:34 AM report to moderator
Dobbyavvie_thumb

I love when things happen in my city. I want to go and watch! I wish I could play. As soon as I get to college, I am starting/joining a Quidditch team.

Posted by Scarlet~Phoenix on September 03, 2010, 11:55 AM report to moderator

Issue 28 - Apr. 2014

Eyes blurred with sweat, Harry tried to make out what it was... It was as bright as a unicorn... Fighting to stay conscious, Harry watched it canter to a halt as it reached the opposite shore. For a moment, Harry saw, by its brightness, somebody welcoming