Filming of Radcliffe's "Woman in Black" to Begin 26 September at Pinewood Studios

Radcliffe
Posted by: Rosi
September 08, 2010, 10:20 AM

More news has come via our Order Partner DanRadcliffe.com about the filming of Dan Radcliffe's (Harry Potter) next big project, "The Woman in Black". Production company Hammer Films confirmed on Twitter that filming is to commence on the 26th of September at Pinewood Studios.

Additionally, Radcliffe spoke briefly to Total Film about working with his new director James Watkins. [Spoiler alert! The article finishes with an image of Radcliffe as Harry from the upcoming "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows"] Quotage:

“We were doing auditions for my son yesterday which was bizarre,” the actor exclusively tells Total Film. “But it’s very exciting and James Watkins is fantastic. He might kill me for telling you this, but he’s actually started working with an acting coach to give him a better idea of how to approach stuff with actors.
“Which is a brilliant thing – I don’t know of any other directors doing that. He’s inspired and we’re uncannily on the same page about the film. We met and we agreed that this film is not a scary movie but a film about loss and family and grief.”
"The Woman in Black" is an adaptation of a 1983 novel by Susan Hill of the same name. The screenplay is by Jane Goldman ("Kick Ass") and the film will be directed by James Watkins ("Eden Lake").

Thanks again to DanRadcliffe.com!

Update: Hammer Films have confirmed to Deadline that they have "now decided not to shoot the film in 3D as first announced". Deadline also reveals that Ciarán Hinds (Aberforth Dumbledore) has been cast as "a local landowner who counsels [Radcliffe's character, Arthur Kipps] as he investigates this Victorian mystery." British actress Janet McTeer - who starred opposite Brendan Gleeson (Alastor Moody) in the HBO film "Into the Storm" about Winston Churchill - has also been cast.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Radcliffe News

Renee_olstead_photo_95_thumb

I can’t wait to see this movie!!

Posted by xd_lolgirl on September 08, 2010, 10:58 AM report to moderator
Prophecy_thumb

This is completely out of left field, I’m sure, but I do enjoy playing Count the Harry Potter Actors whenever I watch a British film. :)

Posted by DeliaDee on September 08, 2010, 11:43 AM report to moderator
Slytherin_morals_3_by_mazza_909_thumb

I think that I’ll see this movie when it comes out :)

Posted by Lonewolf_ ^HISS^ on September 08, 2010, 12:03 PM report to moderator
13635_196007790588_520620588_4407705_7739899_n_thumb

I am interested in seeing this movie, haven’t seen Radcliffe in anything other than Harry Potter yet!

Posted by Rosie016 on September 08, 2010, 12:22 PM report to moderator
Mugsp_profile_thumb

Begin filming on Septemeber 26?!?!?! BOO! Now I officially know he will not be present at The Simpsons Premiere party in Los Angeles. How sad. This sucks. I should be happy to see him busy with other projects but I guess I’m more selfish with the idea of him possibly being in Los Angeles. I’m heartbroken….

Posted by eiVega on September 08, 2010, 12:43 PM report to moderator
218013_10150157243293459_46389518458_6655174_5491948_n_thumb

I can’t wait too !§!
Good cast !§!
I’ve seen “My boy Jack” with him and he’s amazing !§!

Posted by HogwartsHP on September 08, 2010, 12:45 PM report to moderator
Anime_thumb

Can not wait to see this movie. All are together in another movie!!:)

Posted by Susmita singh on September 08, 2010, 01:06 PM report to moderator
Wand_thumb

Coolio!

Posted by #1 Witch ROAR! on September 08, 2010, 02:27 PM report to moderator
Imagescaoyiy8w_thumb

WOW!!! I think this Movie is going to be AWESOME!!! I just hope we are going to have the opportunity too!!! In the mean time, I think I will get me a copy of the book, and just see more of what it is all about!!! lol
I know Dan will do well in this Movie, it is also going to be cool seeing him do something different for him!!!

Posted by Mistic Willow on September 08, 2010, 02:41 PM report to moderator

Am SO looking forward to seeing Daniel in this film…and glad to see Ciaran Hinds(also of HBO’s “ROME” ..he portrayed Julius Ceasar in it ) is also
going to be part of the production,,,as well as Janet McTeer,who was absalutly wonderful in Into the Storm …sounds like the beginnings of a brilliant cast….should be an excellently film.
Am curious who see who is cast as the character for Daniel’s
character’s son.

Posted by Jeannine on September 08, 2010, 03:00 PM report to moderator
Screen_shot_2010-11-20_at_12

I’ve never seen the film its adapted from.

Posted by SlyBones on September 08, 2010, 03:19 PM report to moderator
018734281a3970190750b972929570l_normal_thumb

DeliaDee, count the HP actors in a Brit movie… this sounds like the beginnings pf an excellent drinking game!

I’ve actually bought the ‘Woman In Black’ novel. Gonna start when I finish rereading His Dark Materials

Posted by KiwiMcI on September 08, 2010, 03:29 PM report to moderator
Wig4_thumb

i can’t wait to see it.

Posted by Fleur-de- Lily on September 08, 2010, 03:41 PM report to moderator
Iconator_dea697cd87becd1283213b46f798b87b_thumb

Good luck, Dan!

Posted by Wendelin the Weird on September 08, 2010, 05:37 PM report to moderator
Upclose_of_me_thumb

Awesome!! Can’t wait to see it!

Posted by Half-Blood Princess66[ROAR!] on September 08, 2010, 05:59 PM report to moderator

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014

...by the time she had interpreted Harry's dreams at the top of her voice (all of which, even the ones that involved eating porridge, apparently foretold a gruesome and early death), he was feeling much less sympathetic toward her.