Update: Harry Potter Cast Web Chat Complete, Highlights Added
Oct 13, 2011
Warner Bros. Studio Tour London – The Making of Harry Potter live web chat with cast is now complete! You can watch along on this page and send in questions via Twitter using the hashtag #WBStudioTour.
Participating cast members included:
Natalia Tena (Tonks)
Mark Williams (Mr. Weasley)
Bonnie Wright (Ginny Weasley)
Tom Felton (Draco Malfoy)
Warwick Davis (Griphook/Flitwick)
James Phelps (Fred Weasley)
Oliver Phelps (George Weasley)
Julie Walters (Mrs. Weasley)
Updated with highlights from the web chat:
- On what they miss most: Mark Williams said he misses making his morning coffee while Warwick Davis joked he missed the glue on his face from the prosthetics. Julie Walters said she missed the people she worked with.
- Williams was ecstatic to find out that Mr. Weasley’s wand is now on sale.
- The cast advise to look for the pensive hidden in the cupboard of Dumbledore’s office while doing the studio tour.
- Room of Requirement is where cast would hide, but James Phelps and Warwick Davis often snuck off to the Great Hall when it was empty. “It’s spooky when empty, but calming and quiet,” they said.
- James Phelps called visiting the sets again a “time warp to any time of our teenage years.”
- The Burrow was listed as one of the harder sets to film on because it was small. The Room of Requirement was also a challenge because it got so hot.
- Julie Walters said that whenever she and Helena Bonham Carter (Bellatrix Lestrange) saw each other on the day of filming their battle scene, they would shout from across the courtyard: “I’m gonna get you!” But Walters enjoyed filming that scene even though she says she later suffered from “wand arm.”
- Bonnie Wright and Tom Felton both have replicas of their character’s wand.
- On sets they would’ve have liked to film in: Tom Felton said he always wanted to film in the Burrow, while Julie Walters loved the Gyrffindor Common Room.
- Bonnie and Tom joked you might see them around the studios as “secret tour guides.”
- Cast asked to describe Harry Potter experience in one word: “Magic” – Mark Williams “Pride” – Bonnie Wright – “Comfort” – Julie Walters – “Enjoyable” – James Phelps – “Honored” – Tom Felton
- Natalia Tena (Tonks) admitted she would take a lot of food from the canteen to share with the crew.
- The Weasley family will have reunions, it’s been decided. When Tom, Warwick and Natalia pretend to be offended, Mark Williams changes it to say, “The Weasley family will HOST a reunion!”
- As a tip for fans visiting the sets, Williams says to look everywhere, including up and down and not just at eye level because the details are everywhere.
- “These sets are in such amazing condition, and on proper sound stages,” said Bonnie Wright noting that the only element missing are the cameras.
Tickets for the studio tour, which opens 31 March 2012, went on sale to the general public this morning!