Alexandre Desplat Named Composer of the Year at World Soundtrack Awards

Composers
Posted by: Mel
October 30, 2011, 03:44 PM

This weekend the World Soundtrack Awards were held at Ghent International Film Festival and Alexandre Desplat, composer of the scores for "Deathly Hallows: Part 1" and "Deathly Hallows: Part 2," was named composer of the year.

The other winners at the festival can be found here.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Composers News

Roll on the Oscars!

Posted by HogwartsForever on October 30, 2011, 04:46 PM report to moderator
Moonlit_fox_pic_2_thumb

Cool, congrats!

Posted by MoonlitFox on October 30, 2011, 05:54 PM report to moderator
Phpyyqy43_c2am_thumb

I confess I was a skeptic — didn’t think I could really appreciate Desplat compared to Doyle or Williams. Well, was I wrong! I love the HP2 soundtrack and I cannot listen to it enough! Congrats to Msr. Desplat and hope he gets the Oscar!

Posted by weasleywannabe1997 on October 30, 2011, 06:33 PM report to moderator

Congratulations Alexandre! I love your work! :)

Posted by . on October 30, 2011, 08:34 PM report to moderator
881_thumb

Yes yes yes! I bought the last soundtrack and listen to it literally everyday.GENIUS WORK, ALEXANDRE!:)

Posted by tough~pygmy~puffs*ROAR* on October 30, 2011, 10:18 PM report to moderator
Tumblr_mhtdm2xtoo1r5souzo7_250_thumb
20981 Points

Congrats to you Desplat! I too wasnt sure, I really wanted Williams to compose the final film, but Desplat did a truely amazing job. His music made it all the more magical. :)

Posted by LunaLuver on October 30, 2011, 11:50 PM report to moderator
Wig4_thumb

That is so cool! Congratz!

Posted by Fleur-de- Lily on October 31, 2011, 04:47 AM report to moderator
Hermione_thumb

cool congratz

Posted by ForbiddenMarauder on October 31, 2011, 10:38 AM report to moderator
My_hero_neville_thumb

VERY HAPPY for M. Desplat! I thought the DH soundtrack was really beautiful.

Posted by KB Prez [ROAR!] on October 31, 2011, 04:56 PM report to moderator
Random-4_thumb

Oh, I so agree! I listened to all 8 soundtracks today and Lily’s theme just brings me to my knees…….

Posted by RaytheforgottenWeasley on October 31, 2011, 08:17 PM report to moderator
Naughty_galaxy_thumb

I’m so pleased, he’s written the most wonderful music for DH 1 and 2, very atmospheric and Lily’s theme is utterly beautiful and so haunting.

Posted by moglet [ITC!] on November 02, 2011, 03:04 AM report to moderator
Ron-and-hermione_thumb

OHHHH!! Congratulations to him! Well deserved!

Posted by lovelle on November 03, 2011, 09:04 AM report to moderator

"Er -- Cho? Could I have a word with you?"[br]Giggling should be made illegal, Harry thought furiously, as all the girls around Cho started doing it.