Pottermore to be Offline for the Next Week

J.K. Rowling
Posted by: Mel
December 03, 2011, 08:54 PM

The Pottermore Insider has updated to let users know that Pottermore will be unavailable for the next week:

Pottermore will be offline for at least a week from approximately 8:30am (GMT) on Saturday 3 December so we can make some further changes behind-the-scenes.

The work we’re carrying out is technical, so there won’t be many obvious differences to the site but to help us test our work, we'd really like you to log in and explore the site once it’s back online.

We’ll let you know here as soon as Pottermore is back.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent J.K. Rowling News

Da_thumb

First?!

I hope they’ll fix the dueling section. >.<

Please vote for me 3 times: http://www.myhogwarts.co.uk/honeydukes/2309 Thanks! :)

Posted by harrypotter4258 on December 03, 2011, 09:21 PM report to moderator
Ron-and-hermione_thumb

it’s okay… I’m just hoping that the site will get better. and i hope they do it fast because a lot are already waiting for the real thing…

Posted by lovelle on December 03, 2011, 09:53 PM report to moderator
Raven_avatar_thumb

Sorry, but right now nobody really gives a crap…. I do not take any pleasure whatsoever in saying that… Truth really hurts sometimes…

Posted by Won_Two on December 03, 2011, 10:20 PM report to moderator
Eeyorescrollsparky_thumb

Well, maybe you don’t care, but I do. I can’t be the only one. Yes, I would like them to add more content or to make the comments in the the Great Hall and Common Rooms a little more friendly. Mostly, I’d like them to get rid of the people who are cheating. There’s no way some of those people got such high scores honestly – and it’s very irritating and frustrating to those of us who play by the rules. I’m kind of hoping that they do what my son-in-law said other Beta sites have done when they open it to everyone. Wipe all the scores and make everyone start over. But they still need to get rid of the people who cheat. That doesn’t belong in anything to do with Harry Potter. (And I’m really ready to move on the the second book, but I now that probably won’t happen till the site is out of Beta. Oh well.)

Posted by Eeyore on December 03, 2011, 11:44 PM report to moderator
Tumblr_mhtdm2xtoo1r5souzo7_250_thumb
20981 Points

@Eeyore: I care too!

Just when I get the time to spend more time on Pottermore they go and shut down! I really like Pottermore and dont see why everyone is complaining about it. What happened to everyone being happy that we finally going some NEW from JKR??? I know I still am.

Posted by LunaLuver on December 04, 2011, 12:41 AM report to moderator

I agree it’s slightly annoying for Pottermore to be going through many “breaks” or so, but you got to admit, this site is being used all over the world at possibly all times, how they managed to keep it up contentedly is beyond me! I’m grateful for them, they really did an amazing job trying to make this experience real for everybody so please, stop complaining!

Posted by . on December 04, 2011, 12:44 AM report to moderator
Hpphotoshop_thumb

It was such a disappointment to see how badly it was run. I really think Jo should have made a book instead because I wouldn’t surprised if Pottermore just dies. I am glad they’re making changes but to be honest I haven’t checked into Pottermore at all. They’re still having problems after a month of when it was supposed to open.

Posted by Calum Wilson (RuneDream54) on December 04, 2011, 05:11 AM report to moderator
Images_thumb

Well, people, one can’t have everything wanted in life, so better look at the full half of the glass: PM’s existence means that we DO have a new experience related to HP. And simply taking time to post that you don’t care about it shows otherwise.They may improve PM or not, but the mere fact that it exists has boosted our imagination once again, and that’s a good thing. I hope too that it’ll run smoothier, but if it won’t I’m not going to forget about it. Wish you all best time ever!!!

Posted by cb160 on December 04, 2011, 06:54 AM report to moderator

Maybe they should just close pottermore for everyone,take their time to do what they have to do and then open it for everyone with brand new features etc. At the moment those who cant use pottermore are annoyed,some of Beta users are diisapointed and some dont even use pottermore anymore. Im aware that there are users who love the site for how it is now but im afraid there isnt many of them. So they should just close it to make the site working properly and for everyone.

Posted by Sugaharry on December 04, 2011, 07:43 AM report to moderator

Oh! I wish it wouldn’t go offline, but they are working on Pottermore! :)

Also: If any of you would vote 3 times for me here it would make me extremely happy!

Posted by RavenclawGirl13 on December 04, 2011, 09:52 AM report to moderator
Icon_thumb

I’m kind of frustrated with Pottermore as well. It is lovely, but I’m really interested to keep moving on past book one and see how Chamber of Secrets is. I’m hoping it’s back soon.

Posted by Elwood J. Blues on December 04, 2011, 12:52 PM report to moderator
Harry_potter_seal_thumb

Please fix dueling! I really want to try it out!

Posted by Jacket on December 04, 2011, 01:41 PM report to moderator
423928_2979823569581_1081661667_32966780_333709726_n_thumb

Pottermore, LET US DUEL!!!

Posted by Gene *ROAR* on December 04, 2011, 08:59 PM report to moderator

It would be really nice if all of us could get on to Pottermore and register and take part. Does anyone know when that will happen? Or have I missed something?

Posted by Spook on December 05, 2011, 12:40 AM report to moderator
377029_1659854834071_1768172201_813069_1187891830_n_1__thumb

I just want duelling back, i hate potions, I wanna duell, that’s why I haven’t been a frequent user of pottermore because really… I have done all else and I am no good at potions but I know I will be good at duelling because my spell practice is great. but I will be more happy with book 2

Posted by mencia on December 05, 2011, 04:18 AM report to moderator

"How are you supposed to defend yourself against something you've never seen? A wizard who's about to put an illegal curse on you isn't going to tell you what he's about to do. He's not going to do it nice and polite to your face. You need to be prepared.