LeakyTV - Feb 23, 2011

Books
Posted by: John
February 23, 2011, 02:42 PM

Continuing on with our topic of the week - What would you add to the Wizaring World of Harry Potter in Universal Orlando - LeakyTV's Alex Carpenter chimes in with Kristina Horner.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Books News

Believe_in_yourself_thumb

First ?!
Alex’s idea sounds great. I’ve seen the Mickey show in Disney World and it was awesome!
Btw, very funny that dude with the bowl of cereal in the back ;o)

Posted by Tarana on February 23, 2011, 02:57 PM report to moderator
Missing_you____by_luquidkiss_thumb

That’d be so awesome if they did that!
Who was that in the background with the cereal?

Posted by Evealle on February 23, 2011, 02:59 PM report to moderator
Wand_thumb

Haha! Sounds great! And I agree with Tarana, funny Mr. Cereal dude in the back!

Posted by #1 Witch ROAR! on February 23, 2011, 03:02 PM report to moderator
018734281a3970190750b972929570l_normal_thumb

I knew people would go on about cereal man, couldn’t care less. You know what I’d like? You know the holograms they have of the trio and Dumbledore? I’d love to walk down some side corridor and see Ron and Hermione kissing on a loop

Posted by KiwiMcI on February 23, 2011, 04:29 PM report to moderator

i’d love if they could have a ride that starts in the girls bathroom and then a big steep rollercoaster goes down to the chamber of secrets and you could see the big snake skin and the amazing set of the chamber! or the maze froom the triwizard tournament!<3

Posted by Phoenix Follower on February 23, 2011, 04:59 PM report to moderator

I pondered this a lot when we were there for four days last October.

I would chuck the whole “Lost Continent” Section and expand Harry Potter related stuff through the whole area. The divination shop and muggle magic shop (like the one near The Burrow) there could stay and a Fantasmic-type show could totally replace the Sinbad show. In fact, the whole area could be turned into Diagon Alley, even renaming the Mythos fancy food place, The Leaky Cauldron. They could add Madame Puddifoots back into Hogsmeade.
A functional Hogwarts Express around the park would be cool as would boats across the lagoon from the entrance of the park to Hogwarts.

I would also like a real Glad Rags (rather than a fascade) that included a sock section (like the one at the Soxx Shop) where Harry bought Dobby socks one Christmas.

Oh, the possibilities! Please, please, please, someone ask me to be on the consumer advisory panel!!!

Posted by Noble Birth Descending on February 23, 2011, 05:21 PM report to moderator
Harry_voldy_thumb

You should be able to stay in the castle overnight in the house dormitories. Like how you can stay in Cinderella’s castle now.

Or just open up Hogwarts so you can wander and explore, no fancy attractions necessary. I would just want to feel like I’m living in the world, so spare no detail

Posted by hpgirl4life87 on February 23, 2011, 10:38 PM report to moderator

I noble birth’s idea of a chamber of secrets type ride. I also thought it would be nice to have a ride like Forbidden Journey for younger or more timid fans. It was so fun but our boys thought it was too scary, and I have heard other parents say the same. Maybe a Quidditch ride that lets you feel like you are playing with them in a match. We also wanted more character interaction. We thought there would be “wizards” wandering through Hogsmeade interacting with patrons in character. I would also love if there was a hotel or you could stay in the castle. That would be priceless!! It is so beautiful there, I hope whatever additions they make are as nice.

Posted by iamnotworriedharry on February 23, 2011, 11:35 PM report to moderator

I think there need be a few things for younger kids so that people coming with their whole family can enjoy it. I’m a huge fan, but my kids are too little to do anything in WWoHP. So they had to sit in strollers the whole time while I looked around and I didn’t get to do ANY of the rides. BUT, from what I’ve heard about the rides, I wouldn’t have gone on any of them anyway, because they are all roller coasters or they are simulation type rides that would make me sick (motion sickness) or scare the bejeepers out of me. So there needs to be something more tame…like the boat ride across the lake. It could be like the “It’s a small world” ride at Disney. And I really like the idea of the show. And they definitely need more space, so getting rid of the lost continent is good….no one was even in that part when I was in the park. They could maybe have a sort of petting zoo by Hagrid’s hut…even if not all of the animals were real. But definitely more for younger kids and fans with limited capacity for wild rides….something that EVERYONE can go on whether they are small, pregnant, disabled, sick, elderly, etc…

Posted by songbird on February 24, 2011, 06:29 AM report to moderator

Posted by songbird on February 24, 2011, 06:31 AM report to moderator
31940_1368188618153_1634826053_846764_2109138_n_thumb

Hoping that there’ll be a exhibit of the spells and the fantastic beasts. Good luck!

Posted by potternotrotter on February 24, 2011, 06:51 AM report to moderator

I prefer that videos wait until I tell them to run instead of starting up just because I arrived at a website.

Posted by trontech on February 24, 2011, 09:20 AM report to moderator

What if the Sinbad Stunt show became the student’s perspective of a reenactment of The TriWizard Tournament complete with dragons, mermaids and a sphynx!

In my dream for Harry Potter Expansion, the Pteranadon Flyers and Camp Jurassic could be turned into the Chamber of Secrets with a huge series of slides and tunnels for the younger set similar with Fawkes flying you out of the Chamber.

Or maybe, the flying ride could become thestrals (scary if you can’t see them) where they let you out at the Ministry of Magic which was formerly known as the Jurassic Park Discover Center. After all, who knows what you’d find in the Department of Mysteries…

Posted by Noble Birth Descending on February 24, 2011, 11:34 AM report to moderator

The Jurassic Park River Adventure could become the final trip to Gringots: riding into the vaults, escaping on the blind dragon and being dropped into the lake at the end.

I wouldn’t mind a hotel room with five, four poster beds either.

Posted by Noble Birth Descending on February 24, 2011, 11:40 AM report to moderator
Draco_malfoy_icon

Yaay Kristina!!:D
Sounds cool!:)

Posted by jessyginny on February 24, 2011, 03:53 PM report to moderator

Zabini gave a tiny little cough that was clearly supposed to indicate amused skepticism. An angry voice burst out from behind Slughorn.[br]"Yeah, Zabini, because [i]you're[/i] so talented... at posing..."

Issue 28 - Apr. 2014