Potter Park Not in the Cards for Leavesden

Movies
Posted by: Melissa
February 27, 2011, 05:46 PM

An article ran in the UK newspaper the Mirror today that claims that WB have earmarked a portion of Leavesden studios to become a UK rendition of the Wizarding World of Harry Potter, the Orlando Harry Potter theme park. We can confirm this is not true. WB has plans for the space on Leavesden, as has been previously reported, but a UK version of the US park is not among them.

However we will have news this week about WB developments for a look behind the film series, so stay tuned!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Movies News

I’m devastated!!!! I really am, I was hoping that we would actually get something here and not have to spend a ridiculous fortune to go to Florida. Even Boris Johnson wants a theme park here, for once, a London Mayor with his priorities in the right order……………..

Posted by maanit on February 28, 2011, 02:43 PM report to moderator

It is really a shame that there is no HP theme park in UK. Have been to the one in Orlando (I live in AZ) and it was a budget buster to say the least. Would not have missed it for the world however and luckly the rides are free but merchandise is quite costly, beautiful (made in China) but costly none the less. The view of the castle from the path below the entrance is breathtaking, so if the opportunity arises do not miss taking in this attraction!

Posted by hewy on February 28, 2011, 03:31 PM report to moderator
Emily_spectrespecs_1_thumb

I’m kind of disappointed that there won’t be a uk version but if there’s going to be a behind the scenes sort of tour thing at leavesden then that would be great!

Posted by Emy_Lovegood on February 28, 2011, 04:33 PM report to moderator
Hermione_-_poa_thumb

Dang! You’d think Leavesden would be the first spot they’d think to put in a park, but we’ll see. Whatever they do with it, it’ll be amazing.

Posted by hermioneginnyluna on February 28, 2011, 06:11 PM report to moderator
38093_1525112213973_1419668696_2107419_4307673_n_thumb

there is supposed to be a museum built there!

Posted by Sohumdore on February 28, 2011, 06:43 PM report to moderator
38093_1525112213973_1419668696_2107419_4307673_n_thumb

there is supposed to be a museum built there!

Posted by Sohumdore on February 28, 2011, 06:43 PM report to moderator

I don’t care about a theme park personally, what I’d like to see at Leavesden is the actual sets and props and behind-the-scenes exhibits on aspects of making the films. That would make it a very special place to visit. If I want a theme park I’ll go to the US.

I’m British and I don’t understand this ’it’s a British film and a scandal that the theme park is in the US’ attitude. Why shouldn’t it be in the US when WB stumped up the money for these films in the first place? I see the films as a collaboration between mostly (not all) British talent and a US big studio, so it’s a half and half imo.

Posted by anne1 on March 01, 2011, 01:30 PM report to moderator
550090_4323789780312_303379873_n_thumb

I think a park in Europe is a great idea especially considering that England is where Harry Potter originatwd.

Posted by Ariana Devins on March 07, 2011, 09:06 AM report to moderator

Aw. Thats to bad!!!!

Posted by americangirlemmie on March 07, 2011, 01:55 PM report to moderator
Ravenclaw_badge_avatar_picture_51397_thumb

I would like to see a HP park in the UK, since flying out to america isn’t cheap.

Posted by Garfiun on March 12, 2011, 08:07 AM report to moderator

"You wouldn't believe how many people, even people who work at the Ministry, can't do a decent Shield Charm," said George. "'Course, they didn't have you teaching them, Harry."

Issue 28 - Apr. 2014