Fun Friday: House Color Clarifications

Humor
Posted by: Edward
March 18, 2011, 11:56 PM

Debates continue regarding the correct school colors in the books verses the films.  For this Friday, we look to a cartoon from spelljinxcursehexcharm for more understanding.  Enjoy below:

/edwardtemp/ravenclawcolours.jpeg

Thanks to Naomi C for the link!

This is the latest installment of Fun Fridays where we will highlight a new, cool, funny, or interesting thing created created by the Harry Potter fan community.  This could be anything from a funny spoof on YouTube, a particulary clever cartoon, or something awesome created by our community.  If you come across something that fits that description, email us at fun@leakynews.com and it may end up on a Fun Friday soon!

Enjoy!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Humor News

Img_44501_thumb

i don’t mind the silver, but i prefer the bronze. :D

Posted by mai {beatnik owl} on March 19, 2011, 03:18 PM report to moderator
Hpphotoshop_thumb

So true!!!!

Posted by Calum Wilson (RuneDream54) on March 19, 2011, 03:53 PM report to moderator
0oh__snap___xx04_thumb

i don’t really have a preference, the silver is just more readily available for stuff to purchase. i wish they did make more bronze/blue Ravenclaw merchandise!

however, the comic itself was… not really funny. xD i’m sure some Leaky Ravenclaw members can come up with a much more clever or witty ways to make this same point, lol.

Posted by iceymoon [Cygnus] on March 19, 2011, 03:55 PM report to moderator
Harry-potter-and-the-deathly-hallows-20070328093850961_thumb

Blue and bronze FOR THE WIN! DFTBA

Posted by Bless_the_children on March 19, 2011, 05:40 PM report to moderator
_r9kau7w_thumb

hooray! someone has immortalized the plight of ravenclaw’s everywhere in this lovely comic! ravenclaw house’s colors are BLUE and BRONZE!! :)

Posted by Nealie Zealbie on March 19, 2011, 05:48 PM report to moderator
Harry_potter_seal_thumb

Ha! this is so perfect! I’ve noticed that they almost never wear the cloaks anymore in the movies, it bugs me.

Posted by Jacket on March 19, 2011, 06:03 PM report to moderator
Luna_lovegood_thumb

that’s great! I’m actually knitting a book-canon scarf with blue and bronze!

Posted by LoopeyLooneyLuna on March 19, 2011, 06:36 PM report to moderator
Img_7524_thumb

Amen!! Blue and bronze with the eagle mascot all the way!! Books trump movies, every single time. :) Go Ravenclaw!!

Posted by RavenclawDancer on March 19, 2011, 06:58 PM report to moderator
Hp_buddyicons_caught_bellamlfy_96x96_129322477441953550_thumb

i love it! personally, I like the way the way the blue and silver looks but maybe that’s just cause I’m a Slytherin! :)

Posted by HalfBloodPrincesss (Jenna Evans) on March 19, 2011, 07:27 PM report to moderator
Buckbeak_thumb

what does bronze actually look like?

Posted by Girlraven1 on March 19, 2011, 08:37 PM report to moderator
Hermione_poster_thumb

I didn’t realize it was different. After all those trivia questions when I answered blue/silver and raven, my friend who was reading the first one didn’t corrrect me. Maybe I read the books longer ago than I thought.

Posted by silverkacy on March 20, 2011, 09:58 AM report to moderator
423928_2979823569581_1081661667_32966780_333709726_n_thumb

Ravenclaw’s colour is BLUE and BRONZE, face it, we keep it to the book because they come first.

Posted by Gene *ROAR* on March 20, 2011, 11:02 AM report to moderator
Hp2_thumb

So true and so sad – I was reading SS to my class the other day and I overhead two kids: “I like the movies so much better.” “Yeah, me too.” It really let the wind out of my sails.

Posted by pygmypeach on March 20, 2011, 11:16 AM report to moderator
Self_acceptance_by_jenniholma_1__normal_thumb

hahaha!! love it!! :0)

Posted by Aceba {WBM} on March 20, 2011, 12:43 PM report to moderator
Epjpegutil31_thumb

That is a funny Cartoon! I say that the books came first, and what JKR decided for the school colours should count more than the movies. The cartoon shows how seriuosly some of us take canon!

Posted by Fresca ROAR on March 20, 2011, 04:16 PM report to moderator

As the snake slid swiftly past him, Harry could have sworn a low, hissing voice said, "Brazil, here I come.... Thanksss, amigo."