Teaser Trailer Released for "The Woman in Black" Starring Daniel Radcliffe, Release Date Pushed Back (Updated with Download Links)

Radcliffe
Posted by: Rosi
April 10, 2011, 09:12 PM

IGN today posted a teaser trailer for the new film adaptation of "The Woman in Black", which stars Daniel Radcliffe (Harry Potter) as Arthur Kipps. You can watch the trailer embedded below or at this link on the IGN website. The trailer can also be seen on YouTube.

The Woman in Black was originally a 1983 novel by Susan Hill and a stage play adaptation of the thriller has been running in London's West End since 1989. The film - directed by James Watkins and also starring Aberforth actor Ciaran Hinds - is set to be released in February of 2012 in the UK, pushed back from the original October 2011 release.

Radcliffe's character, Arthur Kipps, is a young lawyer who glimpses a woman dressed entirely in black as he works in the isolated home of a recently deceased client.

Thanks to HPANA for the heads up!

Update: We have now been sent some download links for the teaser trailer in a number of formats as well as an official synopsis:

Based on the classic ghost story, THE WOMAN IN BLACK tells the tale of Arthur Kipps (Daniel Radcliffe), a lawyer who is forced to leave his young son and travel to a remote village to attend to the affairs of the recently deceased owner of Eel Marsh House.

Working alone in the old mansion, Kipps begins to uncover the town’s tragic and tortured secrets and his fears escalate when he discovers that local children have been dying under mysterious circumstances.  When those closest to him become threatened by the vengeful woman in black, Kipps must find a way to break the cycle of terror.

THE WOMAN IN BLACK also stars Ciaran Hinds (TINKER, TAILOR, SOLDIER, SPY) and Janet McTeer (TUMBLEWEEDS), was adapted from Susan Hill’s novel for the screen by Jane Goldman (KICK ASS) and directed by James Watkins (EDEN LAKE).
You can also have a look at the Facebook page or official website for more information on the film.

Trailer download links:

WMV - Windows Media Player
Small
Medium
Large

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Radcliffe News

Johnnie_ret_thumb

This film looks a-ma-zing. Can’t wait!!!!!!! It’s a wonderful story, and it can be quite scary. I’ve seen the theatre play five times. Our Daniel is going to be the PERFECT Arthur Kipps. Maybe we can convince him to play this part on stage at the Fortune one day…?

Posted by Gloria on April 10, 2011, 09:57 PM report to moderator
41483_1763995488_9057_q_thumb

This teaser doesn’t really show much and I’m not to sure about Dan’s acting in this new movie. Though, I am encouraged by Gloria’s enthusiasm. :)

Posted by Silvery Doe on April 10, 2011, 10:47 PM report to moderator

Can’t really tell much from the teaser. I certainly hope it’s good.

Posted by Malbeth on April 10, 2011, 11:21 PM report to moderator

i hope it’s good :)

Posted by andarocketship on April 11, 2011, 01:03 AM report to moderator
John_s_books_thumb

I’ve been waiting for more news on this for ages! I really want to see this film, it looks good from what i’ve seen in other trailers and interviews.

Posted by MissStarKidSmiles on April 11, 2011, 06:29 AM report to moderator
3106762989_1_7_lisbs0hy_thumb

GREAT!!! i do hope i’ll see it!!!

Posted by CDR on April 11, 2011, 06:51 AM report to moderator

I saw the Woman in Black at the theatre 16 years ago, I was so terrified after seeing it that I had nightmares for weeks afterwards. The older version of this movie is also on YouTube and pretty scary too! I can’t wait to see the new version.

Posted by lucyloveschampagne on April 11, 2011, 09:42 AM report to moderator
Wig4_thumb

GREAT!!! i do hope i’ll see it!!!

Posted by Fleur-de- Lily on April 11, 2011, 10:50 AM report to moderator
Logen_cruz_thumb

GREAT!!! i do hope i’ll see it!!!

Posted by allprostar31 on April 11, 2011, 10:54 AM report to moderator
P4093399_thumb

It looks great! And Dan is soooooo handsome with this haircut!!

Posted by Natalia {ROAR} on April 11, 2011, 10:54 AM report to moderator
553520_488880994466250_43107597_n_thumb

Whoa, I’m really looking forward to this! Anything with Dan in it must be good, and this also seems like a really good story :)

Posted by Asria (DreamLight208) on April 11, 2011, 02:43 PM report to moderator
Wand_thumb

I would love to see him in a different role but this looks a little scary :S! But I have to see it no matter what!

Posted by #1 Witch ROAR! on April 11, 2011, 04:22 PM report to moderator
Logo_thumb

I studied the book and script in school a few years ago and went to see the play… terrifying! not sure whether I’m brave enough to see it!

Posted by MySongIsLaughter on April 11, 2011, 04:59 PM report to moderator
Emma_watson_polyvore_thumb

It sounds interesting all ready. I can’t wait to see the actual movie. I like the suspense in it………It reminds me of Hot Fuzz for some reason….

Dscn0187_thumb

Will it play in the US? This looks superbly creepy, which means I probably wouldn’t go see it. I’m a total wuss when it comes to scary movies. My imagination runs away with me once I get home.

Posted by Laura Keaton [WBM!] on April 11, 2011, 05:42 PM report to moderator

Issue 28 - Apr. 2014

"Muggle magic tricks!" said Fred happily, pointing them out. "For freaks like Dad, you know, who love Muggle stuff. It's not a big earner, but we do fairly steady business, they're great novelties."