Harry Potter Covers This Week's Issue of Entertainment Weekly's Summer Movie Preview

DH Film
Posted by: Stephanie_J
April 14, 2011, 01:52 PM

Entertainment Weekly's annual Summer Movie Preview is hitting newsstands tomorrow, and featured on the cover is Harry Potter himself.

"Deathly Hallows: Part 2" is one of the many summer films highlighted in this issue with an on-set report including quotes from Daniel Radcliffe (Harry Potter) and Emma Watson (Hermione Granger). There are also some minor spoilers about changes that have been made for the final battle.

Here's a short preview from EW's website (SPOILER ALERT!):

In this week’s cover story, we visit the stars and filmmakers on the set and learn secrets of the final, climactic installment, which hits theaters July 15. Such as? Well, for one thing, the final showdown between Harry and evil Lord Voldemort (Ralph Fiennes) in a wand duel at Hogwarts will be a little different from what author J.K. Rowling described in her 2007 novel. This time, the chase leads through Hogwarts and culminates in a very physical brawl as the two foes “apparate” (i.e., teleport) toward and away from each other.
Entertainment Weekly goes on sale tomorrow, Friday, April 15th. We will post the scans from the feature once they are made available!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent DH Film News

Avatars_movies_ootp_april_003_thumb

Anyway, that is so exciting I will have to read this article! How exciting, getting closer to part 2!

Posted by AbbyWeasley on April 14, 2011, 02:35 PM report to moderator
Hglove_thumb

Anybody else notice the cover has been photoshopped to all get-out? Daniel Radcliffe’s eyes have been turned green and the glasses frames have been made black (just the part around the eyes, not the nose bridge) and look at his clothes, they’re from the beginning of the first film. A little effort would have been nice! The article’s fine, but come on this is one of their biggest editions of the year! They should have a better cover!

Posted by vikehi on April 14, 2011, 02:43 PM report to moderator
Ed-in-chief_thumb

@vikehi: noticed that, too.

Posted by chikitcorpuzvesterbaek on April 14, 2011, 02:50 PM report to moderator
John_s_books_thumb

I loved Emma’s quote ‘I get to get my Lara Croft on’. :D
This film will probably be absolutely action packed, from the books we can tell that the final battle between Voldemort and Harry was crazy, but now they’re changing it to make it even longer and Harry and Voldmort are moving about and apparating everywhere, it’s going to be insane! I can’t wait to see the epilogue too. I don’t think Harry Potter will ever be forgotten after this.

Posted by MissStarKidSmiles on April 14, 2011, 03:42 PM report to moderator
Tonksginny_thumb

I can hear Hermione now: “YOU CAN’T APPARATE INSIDE HOGWARTS!!!” LOL

Posted by Col2steps on April 14, 2011, 04:29 PM report to moderator
Mugsp_profile_thumb

This is the LAST Entertainment Weekly magazine that can feature the upcoming Harry Potter movie. No more previews to look forward to! I wonder if Dan will ever grace their covers again with our favorite round spectacles.

Posted by eiVega on April 14, 2011, 05:11 PM report to moderator
Wand_thumb

Hmmmm….sounds interesting. I guess we’ll just have to wait and see. And haha I agree with Col2steps! You can’t apparate inside Hogwarts!!!

Posted by #1 Witch ROAR! on April 14, 2011, 05:37 PM report to moderator
Ed-in-chief_thumb

well, if Hogwart’s protective spells are down, then you would be able to appparate inside right?

Posted by chikitcorpuzvesterbaek on April 14, 2011, 06:04 PM report to moderator
Lupin_thumb

Fierce! That’s all I have to say about the cover… :P

Posted by undesirable1 on April 14, 2011, 06:19 PM report to moderator
Lupin_thumb

Fierce! That’s all I have to say about the cover… :P

Posted by undesirable1 on April 14, 2011, 06:19 PM report to moderator
Lupin_thumb

Fierce! That’s all I have to say about the cover… :P

Posted by undesirable1 on April 14, 2011, 06:19 PM report to moderator
Lupin_thumb

Fierce! That’s all I have to say about the cover… :P

Posted by undesirable1 on April 14, 2011, 06:19 PM report to moderator
Lupin_thumb

I apologize for the multiple comments.

Posted by undesirable1 on April 14, 2011, 06:20 PM report to moderator
Voly_thumb

I don’t really know about that, the protective charms protected hogwarts from outside, but even within Hogwarts, no one but the elves could apparate so it could not have been the protective charms, it was inherent to Hogwarts, probably from the founders, and I do not recall anyone apparating into Hogwarts in the book, if it were possible, you would have thought tons of people would have, but it is such a small thing (sorry Hermione) that I think we can give the movie makers a little leeway

Posted by voldemort07 on April 14, 2011, 06:25 PM report to moderator
Epjpegutil31_thumb

Seems strange to me. They could have had the final battle as it was writtten, in my opinion.(For what that’s worth) I think the way JKR wrote it is great because it shows how bloody arrogant Voldemort is, and how Harry is more confident and ready to get the fight over and done with. If the last big hurrah turns into a chase scene it won’t bring out the differences in their characters as strongly. I hope they keep the dialogue more or less unchanged. Maybe the poor castle is so wrecked by then the protective injunction against apparating and disapparating inside Hogwarts has been broken.

Posted by Fresca ROAR on April 14, 2011, 06:56 PM report to moderator

"There are all kinds of courage," said Dumbledore, smiling. "It takes a great deal of bravery to stand up to our enemies, but just as much to stand up to our friends. I therefore award ten points to Mr. Neville Longbottom."