Emma Watson Dispels Bullying Rumours

Watson
Posted by: Rosi
April 29, 2011, 07:48 AM

Emma Watson (Hermione Granger) has today updated her official website with a post in response to recent rumours that she is taking time off from Brown because she was bullied. The actress writes:

Dear all,
I felt the need to let you all know the reason I took a semester off from Brown had nothing to do with bullying as the media have been suggesting recently. I have never been bullied in my life and certainly never at Brown. This '10 points to Gryffindor' incident never even happened. I feel the need to say this because accusing Brown students of something as serious as bullying and this causing me to leave seems beyond unfair.
Please don't try and speculate about what I might do in September - no one can possibly know because I don't even know yet! Like my other fellow Brown students I am trying to figure out my third year and whether or not I will spend it abroad (this is common).
I hope you all liked the new Harry Potter trailer. I am off to Pittsbugh soon to start 'The Perks of being a Wallflower'. I've just got back from hanging out with Stephen Chobosky (the director and writer), Logan and Ezra (the two other principal actors) and I already know this is going to be an incredible experience. I feel very lucky.
Hope you are all doing good.
Take care,
Love Emma xx.
Dear all,
I hope you all liked the new Harry Potter trailer. I am off to Pittsbugh soon to start "The Perks of being a Wallflower". I've just got back from hanging out with Stephen Chobosky (the director and writer), Logan and Ezra (the two other principal actors) and I already know this is going to be an incredible experience. I feel very lucky.
Hope you are all doing good.
Take care,
Love Emma xx.

Read the post on Ms. Watson's official website at this link.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Watson News

Severus_x_2_thumb

That’s good to know. I wish her luck with whatever she decides to do.

Posted by Valeria-Johanna on April 29, 2011, 07:53 AM report to moderator
Imagescaf0zk2w_thumb

same but i hope she isnt lying

Posted by #1harrypotterfan{ROAR} on April 29, 2011, 08:18 AM report to moderator
13635_196007790588_520620588_4407705_7739899_n_thumb

Its sad that famous people have to clarify stuff like this. But I never take much stock in what the media is saying about them anyways.

Posted by Rosie016 on April 29, 2011, 08:32 AM report to moderator
Self_acceptance_by_jenniholma_1__normal_thumb

Poor Emma!!! it’s horrible that she has clarify rumors about her own life to feel okay….but I’m glad she wasn’t bullied.

Posted by Aceba {WBM} on April 29, 2011, 09:09 AM report to moderator
My_hero_neville_thumb

I’m sorry that Emma felt forced to write this because of some tabloid rag. The obsession some people have with celebrities’ private lives is just nuts. I feel sorry for the girl.

Posted by KB Prez [ROAR!] on April 29, 2011, 09:35 AM report to moderator

Its good she wasn’t bullied.:)

Posted by americangirlemmie on April 29, 2011, 10:48 AM report to moderator
17879-26957_thumb

jyassa, I don’t think she is lying. What she is saying sounds very reasonable and makes sense. I don’t think we should make way for new and unfounded rumors for those in the media who like to stir up trouble. I appreciate her taking the time out to let us know what is really going on in her life. Emma we wish you great blessing in whatever decision you make.

Posted by molly43 on April 29, 2011, 10:56 AM report to moderator
For_your_consideration_thumb

I’m glad to know that she’s not been bullied :) good luck Emma!! You are amazing! :)

Posted by Harrypotterultrafan on April 29, 2011, 11:12 AM report to moderator
Panda_thumb

This makes me smile, because it reminds me of Hermione stopping Rita Skeeter. ;-)

Posted by FilmGirl27 *Team Weasley!* (ROAR!!) on April 29, 2011, 11:22 AM report to moderator
Avatars_movies_ootp_april_003_thumb

There was a rumor going around? Boy I didn’t know that! Well, I am glad Emma wasn’t being bullied and Emma, you are amazing! Can’t wait to see your next project!

Posted by AbbyWeasley on April 29, 2011, 11:25 AM report to moderator
December_loadoff_087_thumb

Why would anyone even bully a Harry Potter star?

*No matter what Emma is amazing and if anyone ever bully her there just jaloux!

Posted by Bella'love ^HISS^ on April 29, 2011, 12:46 PM report to moderator
Got-hogwarts_houses_thumb

How ironic that she felt obligated to write this comment a day or two after President Obama had to stoop to holding a press conference to shut up the ‘birthers’ (and that total creep The Donald still seems to be insisting that it isn’t true unless he gets to hold the birth certificate in his hand and inspect it personally – what are they supposed to do, order an official copy for every citizen of the US?). Rumor, innuendo and conspiracy theories have replaced actual news in the era of reality TV. It’s so depressing.

Interesting choice of words on Ms. Watson’s part: ‘Hope you are all doing good.’ She’s way too smart for that to be a grammatical error for ‘doing well.’ It’s a nice reminder for us all to ask ourselves, ‘What good have I done in the world today?’

Posted by WeenyOwl {The Human Deluminator} on April 29, 2011, 01:48 PM report to moderator
My_hero_neville_thumb

@WeenyOwl, I LOVE your post and not just because I agree with everything you said. LOL about the grammatical error!

Posted by KB Prez [ROAR!] on April 29, 2011, 02:06 PM report to moderator
Cute_farm_shelb_and_rew_thumb

I haven’t heard that rumor either. Poor emma! having to deal with that.

Posted by Cat de la Creme on April 29, 2011, 02:21 PM report to moderator
Wig4_thumb

Posted by Fleur-de- Lily on April 29, 2011, 03:09 PM report to moderator

[i]"Stunningly pretty? Her?"[/i] Pansy Parkinson had shrieked the first time she had come face-to-face with Hermione after Rita's article had appeared. "What was she judging against -- a chipmunk?"[br]"Ignore it," Hermione said in a dignified voice, holdi