Emma Watson Dispels Bullying Rumours

Watson
Posted by: Rosi
April 29, 2011, 07:48 AM

Emma Watson (Hermione Granger) has today updated her official website with a post in response to recent rumours that she is taking time off from Brown because she was bullied. The actress writes:

Dear all,
I felt the need to let you all know the reason I took a semester off from Brown had nothing to do with bullying as the media have been suggesting recently. I have never been bullied in my life and certainly never at Brown. This '10 points to Gryffindor' incident never even happened. I feel the need to say this because accusing Brown students of something as serious as bullying and this causing me to leave seems beyond unfair.
Please don't try and speculate about what I might do in September - no one can possibly know because I don't even know yet! Like my other fellow Brown students I am trying to figure out my third year and whether or not I will spend it abroad (this is common).
I hope you all liked the new Harry Potter trailer. I am off to Pittsbugh soon to start 'The Perks of being a Wallflower'. I've just got back from hanging out with Stephen Chobosky (the director and writer), Logan and Ezra (the two other principal actors) and I already know this is going to be an incredible experience. I feel very lucky.
Hope you are all doing good.
Take care,
Love Emma xx.
Dear all,
I hope you all liked the new Harry Potter trailer. I am off to Pittsbugh soon to start "The Perks of being a Wallflower". I've just got back from hanging out with Stephen Chobosky (the director and writer), Logan and Ezra (the two other principal actors) and I already know this is going to be an incredible experience. I feel very lucky.
Hope you are all doing good.
Take care,
Love Emma xx.

Read the post on Ms. Watson's official website at this link.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Watson News

It is definitely great she is not being the subject of bullying. On the other hand, this throws some confusion on the latest news concerning Watson. She refers to Brown students as her “fellow Brown students”, which suggests that she is still enrolled at the institution. Is this just a mistake on her part as this was probably just a quick little something she jotted down or is she actually staying at Brown? Not that today’s media (or at least many of today’s media) is very reliable to begin with but there have been several reports that her representation has confirmed that she is leaving Brown University.

Posted by jammergrl91 on April 29, 2011, 03:23 PM report to moderator
Jensen-ackles-supernatural-4_thumb

Kinda sad she has to clarify..
But anyways, good luck with finding out what you want to do Ms. Watson :)

Posted by BellasRiddle ^HISS^ on April 29, 2011, 03:37 PM report to moderator

So what if someone did yell “10 points to Gryffindor” when she answered correctly in class? That’s not bullying, that’s just funny, as long as everyone is good-natured about it and doesn’t beat it into the ground.

Posted by Mimblewimble13 on April 29, 2011, 04:10 PM report to moderator

I love how she says, “I feel the need to say this because accusing Brown students of something as serious as bullying and this causing me to leave seems beyond unfair.” She cares so much about everybody! =]

Posted by . on April 29, 2011, 04:12 PM report to moderator
Roses2_thumb

I am real glad she has not been bullied! Emma is a truly original person, and deserves to not be bullied.

Posted by CassidyWeasley:) on April 29, 2011, 04:22 PM report to moderator

ooh poor Emma! She is so wonderful, and I wish her the best of luck :)

Posted by ExpectoPatronum512 on April 29, 2011, 05:09 PM report to moderator
Naughty_galaxy_thumb

Good for Emma, it was definitely something she felt she needed to do since other people were being accused of something that they had not done, her sense of fairness obviously would not allow this rumour to persist. She is a very good example to us all.

Posted by moglet [ITC!] on April 29, 2011, 05:25 PM report to moderator

I’m happy she’s never been bullied. It’s a pity some of her castmates has not been that fortunate.
I’ve just seen a pic of her and Dan after his last night performance in How to Succeed, it really cute. Btw, he is being nominated to all the biggest theater awards, just today he received his second Drama Desk Award nomination, I’m surprised Leaky has not mentioned this, it’s a big honour.

Posted by ethanHP on April 29, 2011, 05:35 PM report to moderator
Sunsethogwarts_thumb

What she is saying sounds very reasonable and makes sense. I don’t think we should make way for new and unfounded rumors for those in the media who like to stir up trouble. I appreciate her taking the time out to let us know what is really going on in her life. Rumor, innuendo and conspiracy theories have replaced actual news in the era of reality TV. It’s so depressing.

Posted by PHONELADY on April 29, 2011, 05:48 PM report to moderator
Diagonalley_thumb

She’s so great to clear the rumours!
What people won’t make up :-s

I do hope, Emma, you have a superb time filming the picture and that you can figure out what you are going to do next :)

Posted by devilskinn on April 29, 2011, 05:57 PM report to moderator
Diagonalley_thumb

PS. All you fans will be behind you, fully :D

Posted by devilskinn on April 29, 2011, 05:58 PM report to moderator
Stinkaavatar_thumb

What’s really sad, is that the original source of the rumor was from a gossip column, and instead of the legitimate media ignoring it, they too reported it as fact! That’s a d#mn shame.

Posted by stinka on April 29, 2011, 06:07 PM report to moderator
Wand_thumb

Well, whatever you do, good luck Emma!

Posted by #1 Witch ROAR! on April 29, 2011, 06:22 PM report to moderator
Milakunisismyidol_thumb

Good for you Emma! Protect your fellow Brown University students! =]

Budgie_thumb
12005 Points

I’m glad that she has so much work coming in. That makes the best reason for taking time off from school.

Posted by budgie on April 29, 2011, 06:37 PM report to moderator

"Let me just say that handing out signed pictures at this stage of your career isn't sensible -- looks a tad bigheaded, Harry, to be frank. There may well come a time when, like me, you'll need to keep a stack handy wherever you go, but" -- he gave a litt