NYLON Interview Bonnie Wright: "Deathly Hallows: Part 2" Battle Scene Like Destroying a Sand Castle You've Built

Wright Interviews
Posted by: Rosi
April 06, 2011, 01:16 PM

NYLON magazine has a new interview with Bonnie Wright (Ginny Weasley) in which the actress talks about reading the Harry Potter books, filming the final battle scenes and what she's studying at film school. Bonnie also mentioned going to see co-star Daniel Radcliffe in "How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying" and talked at length about her fashion, makeup and music interests.

On how it felt to destroy Hogwarts:

Interviewer: But I can't wait for the part in the last film where your mother yells at Bellatrix, "Get away from my daughter, you bitch!"
Bonnie: Oh that whole scene is going to be so good.  In fact, what's so great about the last film is that all the good guys bring up their game.  They're like, "Actually, we'll really fight now; we're not afraid to cause damage."   It's so much fun, and the best part is, we get to destroy Hogwarts!  ... I guess people could think that's sad, but for a lot of us, it was strangely cathartic.  Like, "This has been amazing, now let's blow it up."  It's kind of like when you build a sand castle and you break it down.
On not getting the Harry Potter books before anyone else:
[T]he most grating thing I've ever seen in a movie is in The Devil Wears Prada, when those two little kids get the Harry Potter books ahead of time.  I was like, "Are you kidding?  That would never, ever, ever happen!"  [JK Rowling] is so guarded, and she always wants everything to be released at the exact same time.  Even the international translators would only get the books when they were already on sale, so nothing leaked out.  Everybody - I mean everybody, Dan, Emma, everyone - had to wait just like you.
On "How to Succeed":
I'm actually seeing Dan [Radcliffe] in How to Succeed Tonight! I'm quite excited because he has to sing and dance, and people don't realize he's been practicing for like two years.  Anytime he had free time on the Harry Potter set, he'd be singing and dancing.  People don't realize when Dan wants to do something, he tries to do it two hundred percent. I'm dying to see the show.
Find the full interview here on the NYLON website.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Wright Interviews News

Hp_buddyicons_caught_bellamlfy_96x96_129322477441953550_thumb

aw I love her, and I love her sand castle analogy! 101 Days!! woo! and I’m first woo!

Posted by HalfBloodPrincesss (Jenna Evans) on April 06, 2011, 01:53 PM report to moderator
Ed-in-chief_thumb

Great analogy. Come to think of it, when July comes we will all be tearing that sand castle down – with a huge bang, if I may say so.

Posted by chikitcorpuzvesterbaek on April 06, 2011, 02:14 PM report to moderator
Screen_shot_2011-05-21_at_12

Great interview, I like her analogy too. Can’t wait to see Part 2!!! :D

Posted by emmawatsonfan13 on April 06, 2011, 03:03 PM report to moderator
Naughty_galaxy_thumb

Great interview, Bonnie is always articulate, her sandcastle analogy is very apt. It’s a shame the interviewer didn’t know the actual phrase is ‘Not my daughter, you bitch!’ I do wish they’d do their homework properly, mind you I’m probably nit picking there, but for the fans it is a truly memorable and iconic scene in the book.

Posted by moglet [ITC!] on April 06, 2011, 03:11 PM report to moderator

Nice young lady but a very, very limited actress whose work has shown no visible improvement over the past few years. In fact, it could reasonably be argued that there has been something of a deterioration in the level of her performance .

Posted by Beazle on April 06, 2011, 04:14 PM report to moderator

great interview, glad to see she is studying.

Posted by DavidTheUnready on April 06, 2011, 04:36 PM report to moderator
Daniel_radcliffe_being_perfect_thumb

Great Interview!
But…
WHAT?!?!?
THEY CHANGED MRS. WEASLEY’S LINE FROMNOT MY DAUGHTER YOU BITCH!” TO “GET AWAY FROM MY DAUGHTER, YOU BITCH!”
WHAT?!
NOOOO…..
this cant be happening!

Posted by Potterhead777 {ROAR!} on April 06, 2011, 05:39 PM report to moderator

@ #1HarryPotterFan123[ROAR!] perhaps they just changed the quote for the interview? its not that horrible. although i would like to see/hear the original line!

Posted by Winkyxx on April 06, 2011, 06:53 PM report to moderator
Daniel_radcliffe_being_perfect_thumb

@ Winkyxx
I know, but I am kinda obsessed with that line. :D lol sorry.
I’m not sure why they would change the line though… I guess they just messed it up by accident

Posted by Potterhead777 {ROAR!} on April 06, 2011, 07:08 PM report to moderator

Ah! I agree. The Devil Wears Prada scene made me mad that they would even suggest it! I’ll bet her own kids didn’t get to read the book! (though I did think it was a funny fact that DH was the most coveted thing in the world at the moment. Amazing what literature can do! :-)

Posted by ElphabaROCKS on April 06, 2011, 07:43 PM report to moderator
31940_1368188618153_1634826053_846764_2109138_n_thumb

I love her! :) So humble.

Posted by potternotrotter on April 06, 2011, 10:59 PM report to moderator

I love bonnies hair in the Picture. gingers as they are called on south park are okay, but flame red is hotter. Can you ask Dan to release How to succede without trying onto film like Rent and the Producer, because I want to see him sing and dance after he has more than ten minutes of practice in like in Goblet.

Posted by AlbertBaldry on April 06, 2011, 11:55 PM report to moderator
Imagescaoyiy8w_thumb

WOW!!! I love Bonnie Wright as an Actress, and watching Bonnie, Dan, Emma & Rupert grow up doing all of the Harry Potter Movies has been AWESOME!!!! Of course there are several others I am very fond of also, Matthew (Neville) Evanna as (Luna) and Nobody could forget Fred & George Weasley!!!!(twins) I am so excited for July to see the 2nd half of Deathly Hallows!!! Although I am not so sure that I will like seeing Hogwarts destroyed, I mean Harry & Ginny’s kids have to go there!! along with Ron’s and Hermione’s!!!! and Neville is going to teach Herbology!!!!! and hour Loveable Hagrid!!!! I to am excited to see Molly take down Bellatrix!!!!

Posted by Mistic Willow on April 07, 2011, 12:03 AM report to moderator

Can someone send Tom some chicken soup, not sick but I want him in writing condition for when I go to melbourne to see him. SUPANOVA, Yeah.

Posted by AlbertBaldry on April 07, 2011, 12:09 AM report to moderator

Tell Emma, Bonnie, James and Oliver, Dan, Rupert, Natalie and Evana to come to Australia and go to Supanova Brisbane, because that is where I go and it is cool. Send Robert Patterson becasue he might bring Ashely Greene and he can distract the girls from the others so shorter lines yeah. Tell James and Oliver they owe me their Autograph for not coming to Milton Keys Movie and Comic Con on the Saturday when I was there.

Posted by AlbertBaldry on April 07, 2011, 12:16 AM report to moderator

To cap it all, Luna told him over dinner that no copy of [i]The Quibbler[/i] had ever sold out faster.[br]"Dad's reprinting!" she told Harry, her eyes popping excitedly. "He can't believe it, he says people seem even more interested in this than the Crump