NYLON Interview Bonnie Wright: "Deathly Hallows: Part 2" Battle Scene Like Destroying a Sand Castle You've Built

Wright Interviews
Posted by: Rosi
April 06, 2011, 01:16 PM

NYLON magazine has a new interview with Bonnie Wright (Ginny Weasley) in which the actress talks about reading the Harry Potter books, filming the final battle scenes and what she's studying at film school. Bonnie also mentioned going to see co-star Daniel Radcliffe in "How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying" and talked at length about her fashion, makeup and music interests.

On how it felt to destroy Hogwarts:

Interviewer: But I can't wait for the part in the last film where your mother yells at Bellatrix, "Get away from my daughter, you bitch!"
Bonnie: Oh that whole scene is going to be so good.  In fact, what's so great about the last film is that all the good guys bring up their game.  They're like, "Actually, we'll really fight now; we're not afraid to cause damage."   It's so much fun, and the best part is, we get to destroy Hogwarts!  ... I guess people could think that's sad, but for a lot of us, it was strangely cathartic.  Like, "This has been amazing, now let's blow it up."  It's kind of like when you build a sand castle and you break it down.
On not getting the Harry Potter books before anyone else:
[T]he most grating thing I've ever seen in a movie is in The Devil Wears Prada, when those two little kids get the Harry Potter books ahead of time.  I was like, "Are you kidding?  That would never, ever, ever happen!"  [JK Rowling] is so guarded, and she always wants everything to be released at the exact same time.  Even the international translators would only get the books when they were already on sale, so nothing leaked out.  Everybody - I mean everybody, Dan, Emma, everyone - had to wait just like you.
On "How to Succeed":
I'm actually seeing Dan [Radcliffe] in How to Succeed Tonight! I'm quite excited because he has to sing and dance, and people don't realize he's been practicing for like two years.  Anytime he had free time on the Harry Potter set, he'd be singing and dancing.  People don't realize when Dan wants to do something, he tries to do it two hundred percent. I'm dying to see the show.
Find the full interview here on the NYLON website.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Wright Interviews News

Lily___james_potter_thumb

Oh this really helps me get a feel of what they truly feel…making a sand castle and then destroying it- hard work and when you smash it it’s sad, but satisfying ;}
I really love how Dan danced and sung at every break in shooting HP

Posted by Miss Weasley on April 10, 2011, 11:44 AM report to moderator
Hufflepuff_lj_100_thumb
1985 Points

I need to find the magazine to read the rest of the interview.

Posted by jhangelgurl (ITC!) on April 10, 2011, 05:55 PM report to moderator
Hufflepuff_lj_100_thumb
1985 Points

Oh silly me there is a link at the bottom of the article.

Posted by jhangelgurl (ITC!) on April 10, 2011, 05:56 PM report to moderator
9407947_thumb

Bonnie rules!!!! She proves that she is a team player and always supports and promotes HP. Too bad that they cannot do they same for her!
Bonnie’s interview was so funny! Loved her pov of the devil wears prada analysis!

Posted by sidnandragin on April 11, 2011, 11:35 PM report to moderator
Epjpegutil31_thumb

This is a good article, and I can hardly wait till the last movie comes out. I liked bonnie’s comments about Dan.“He gives everything 200 percent.”

Posted by Fresca ROAR on April 12, 2011, 03:35 PM report to moderator
Cute_farm_shelb_and_rew_thumb

Wow. I wish I would go see Dan in how to succeed! I cannot WAIT to see DH 2!

Posted by Cat de la Creme on April 15, 2011, 11:21 PM report to moderator
Raven_avatar_thumb

About time Bonnie got a decent interview…

Posted by Won_Two on April 26, 2011, 10:39 PM report to moderator

Ron snapped. Before Malfoy knew what was happening, Ron was on top of him, wrestling him to the ground. Neville hesitated, then clambered over the back of his seat to help.

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014