David Heyman Reveals "Deathly Hallows" Documentary is in the Works

DH Film
Posted by: Stephanie_J
April 09, 2011, 05:21 PM

While at CinemaCon in Las Vegas a few weeks ago, "Harry Potter" producer David Heyman spoke with MTV News and revealed that a behind-the-scenes documentary was shot during the production of "Deathly Hallows."

The award-winning British filmmaking Morgan Matthews ("The Fallen") was given complete access to the sets, crew, and actors, and according to Heyman, "it's not just pure gloss."

"He went behind the scenes and had incredible access to talent and crew and has made a documentary that is not yet complete, which shows the challenges of making the film — the tolls it takes on actors and crew," [Heyman] said. "It's not just pure gloss and everybody's happy. It's real. ... At the same time, it's really, really funny."
In addition to this documentary, Heyman and fellow producer David Barron talked about the vast amounts of on-set footage that was taken throughout the past ten years.
"It was a very well-documented production. We had a crew filming behind the scenes for the entire production, which is unheard of — and that's been for all the films," Barron explained. "There is material, and we'll see how it's used. I'm sure Warner Bros. will package it in some form or another."
Watch the video of Heyman and Barron talking about the currently untitled documentary here.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent DH Film News

Wand_thumb

Wow! Thats amazing!!!!! Just when we were all thinking that it is almost all over :"( , something new is going to come! I’m super excited and I’m sure it’ll be great!!!

Posted by #1 Witch ROAR! on April 09, 2011, 05:41 PM report to moderator

thats great news, I love behind the scenes extras on the dvds so to have a complete special is a bonus.

Posted by DavidTheUnready on April 09, 2011, 05:46 PM report to moderator
Budgie_thumb
12005 Points

Thanks for the heads up. I will watch for more.

Posted by budgie on April 09, 2011, 05:54 PM report to moderator
Hpdh_capture_thumb

Great! That sounds awesome!

Posted by sirius33 on April 09, 2011, 06:40 PM report to moderator
Voly_thumb

excellent, I hope this dvd will be available as a stand alone and not packaged with some other edition of the movie after we have all already bought it though. It should be really good, I can’t wait to see it.

Posted by voldemort07 on April 09, 2011, 07:25 PM report to moderator
Tumblr_mhtdm2xtoo1r5souzo7_250_thumb
20981 Points

This is exciting! I wonder how and when it will come out.

Posted by LunaLuver on April 09, 2011, 08:49 PM report to moderator
P4093399_thumb

I hope this documentary comes as one of the extras in the Part 2 dvd!

Posted by Natalia {ROAR} on April 09, 2011, 10:37 PM report to moderator
For_your_consideration_thumb

It’s gonna be great, I’m really interested on how they make films especially the potter ones :) can’t wait :) :) but I don’t want it to be over :’(

I read this the other day though leaky:/ just gotta be a little faster with these news things :) leakys still my fave though ;)

Posted by Harrypotterultrafan on April 10, 2011, 05:07 AM report to moderator
Movies_ootp_premieries_imax_001_thumb

OMG its going to be the most spectacular thing. I cant wait to get my hands on that stuff.

Posted by Azaad Potter The Chosen One [ROAR] on April 10, 2011, 09:04 AM report to moderator
Daniel_radcliffe_being_perfect_thumb

OH MY GOODNESS!
Just when you thought is was over…
Can’t wait!!!

Posted by Potterhead777 {ROAR!} on April 10, 2011, 09:59 AM report to moderator

I really like the behind the scenes books that have been made for other movies. This documentaary should be really good.

Posted by Noble Birth Descending on April 10, 2011, 10:34 AM report to moderator
Hufflepuff_lj_100_thumb
1985 Points

That would be amazing to have a documentary on behind the scenes stuff can’t wait!

Posted by jhangelgurl (ITC!) on April 10, 2011, 03:48 PM report to moderator
Cute_farm_shelb_and_rew_thumb

YES! That would be awesome. I can’t wait to have the whole series AND behind the scenes stuff! :D

Posted by Cat de la Creme on April 11, 2011, 02:56 PM report to moderator
9407947_thumb

maybe they can explain why they choose not to follow some of the book when it came to the story! Ginny & the Weasley’s were short changed!!!!!

Posted by sidnandragin on April 11, 2011, 11:30 PM report to moderator
Epjpegutil31_thumb

I think the documentary would be excellent. I hope they include some of the ways they filmed transformations, etc. The behind the scenes workings and the prop department would be interesting to see too.

Posted by Fresca ROAR on April 12, 2011, 03:25 PM report to moderator

"She's an awful woman," said Hermione in a small voice. [i]"Awful.[/i] You know, I was just saying to Ron when you came in... we've got to do something about her."[br]"I suggested poison," said Ron grimly.

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014