Oshkosh Public Museum to Host Month-Long Potter Celebration in July

Fan Events
Posted by: Rosi
May 10, 2011, 08:06 PM

Oshkosh Public Museum in Wisconsin, USA is to put on MuggleFest, "a month-long Harry Potter celebration", from the 1st to the 31st of July this year. A press release issued by the museum explains:

As part of the festival, visitors will be able to explore the recreated world of Harry Potter and collect house points, meet characters from the stories, view props and replicas from the Harry Potter movies and join in crafts and activities. From predicting the future in Divination to the quite serious task of de-gnoming the gardens, each day of MuggleFest is full of magic.
Additionally, a Harry Potter costume contest will take place on the evening of the 14th July, counting down the hours to the release of "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows", as well as a "magical birthday bash", which will take place at the museum on the 31st of July in honour of Harry's birthday.

Oshkosh Public Museum is looking to fill three paid positions of exhibit actors as popular Harry Potter characters. Auditions will take place at the museum on the 19th, 20th and 21st of May and are open to anyone aged 16 and older. You can find out more details about the auditions and the festival itself here on the Oshkosh Public Museum website.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Fan Events News

That’s so cool! I wish I could go! =]

Posted by . on May 10, 2011, 08:15 PM report to moderator
Design_keepcalm_thumb

I wish I could go! It would be so much fun!

Posted by sunny2017 on May 10, 2011, 08:28 PM report to moderator
Tumblr_mhtdm2xtoo1r5souzo7_250_thumb
20981 Points

Who cool is this! Oh wish we hace something like this in Las Vegas!

Posted by LunaLuver on May 10, 2011, 09:33 PM report to moderator
Ootp_tumblr_thumb

yay wisconsin, we actually have something cool to do hp related!! :D that would be so sweet if i could go…

Posted by hermy007 on May 10, 2011, 10:10 PM report to moderator
Hpmaggie2_copy2_thumb

Oh, man, we used to live practically right there and could have gone every day if we wanted! Why, oh, why did we have to move???? That sounds so cool.

Posted by Headmistress LemonFaerie on May 10, 2011, 10:12 PM report to moderator
Raven_avatar_thumb

Oshkosh, my gosh!

Posted by Won_Two on May 11, 2011, 12:00 AM report to moderator
Wig4_thumb

Who cool is this!

Posted by Fleur-de- Lily on May 11, 2011, 03:50 AM report to moderator
73866_485869252280_850597280_5450852_5234112_n_thumb

i wanna go!!!

Posted by CassadoraTonks on May 11, 2011, 06:23 AM report to moderator
December_loadoff_087_thumb

Why why why why are all these fab things going on all over the world but never near me !
ARG .. I .. Avada Kedavra

Posted by Bella'love ^HISS^ on May 11, 2011, 08:50 AM report to moderator
Harry_potter_7_pose_thumb

Hmmm, the links aren’t working for me. Maybe I’ll just google. I live in Wisconsin so maybe I could go. We’ll see…

Posted by crushonlupin on May 11, 2011, 09:18 AM report to moderator

Looks like Leaky messed up the link. It’s http://www.oshkoshmuseum.org/exhibits/mugglefest.htm

I think it’s going to be a FANTASTIC month.

Posted by curiousgoods on May 11, 2011, 12:10 PM report to moderator
Tumblr_lkwe3vm7jt1qjfloto1_500_thumb

Oh, that sounds fantastic! I wish I could go, but I can’t. :(

Posted by Elise Lestrange on May 11, 2011, 12:19 PM report to moderator
Closeupoftriohbp_thumb

What a wonderful idea to do this! I am sure that the HP fans that live in WI will love going especially those who live close enough. Kudos to them…have fun for me there!

Posted by beewell on May 11, 2011, 12:49 PM report to moderator
Epjpegutil31_thumb

if you live in wisconsin, go!! It sounds like a blast.

Posted by Fresca ROAR on May 11, 2011, 04:19 PM report to moderator

Wow, I wish I could go!!

"Don't ask me to fathom the way a werewolf's mind works," hissed Snape.

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014