Oshkosh Public Museum to Host Month-Long Potter Celebration in July

Fan Events
Posted by: Rosi
May 10, 2011, 08:06 PM

Oshkosh Public Museum in Wisconsin, USA is to put on MuggleFest, "a month-long Harry Potter celebration", from the 1st to the 31st of July this year. A press release issued by the museum explains:

As part of the festival, visitors will be able to explore the recreated world of Harry Potter and collect house points, meet characters from the stories, view props and replicas from the Harry Potter movies and join in crafts and activities. From predicting the future in Divination to the quite serious task of de-gnoming the gardens, each day of MuggleFest is full of magic.
Additionally, a Harry Potter costume contest will take place on the evening of the 14th July, counting down the hours to the release of "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows", as well as a "magical birthday bash", which will take place at the museum on the 31st of July in honour of Harry's birthday.

Oshkosh Public Museum is looking to fill three paid positions of exhibit actors as popular Harry Potter characters. Auditions will take place at the museum on the 19th, 20th and 21st of May and are open to anyone aged 16 and older. You can find out more details about the auditions and the festival itself here on the Oshkosh Public Museum website.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Fan Events News

Hufflepuff_lj_100_thumb
1985 Points

Super cool! I live to far away from Wisconsin to go, but those who can ejoy yourself!

Posted by jhangelgurl (ITC!) on May 11, 2011, 04:39 PM report to moderator
Images_thumb

I really want to go but I can’t because I live too far away. :(

Posted by harry potter fan #1 on May 11, 2011, 05:43 PM report to moderator
Wand_thumb

Thats so awesome!

Posted by #1 Witch ROAR! on May 11, 2011, 06:31 PM report to moderator
Cute_farm_shelb_and_rew_thumb

That sounds awesome! wow.

Posted by Cat de la Creme on May 11, 2011, 06:47 PM report to moderator
_r9kau7w_thumb

boo broken links! i might go though! sounds super fun!!!

Posted by Nealie Zealbie on May 11, 2011, 07:44 PM report to moderator
B9ce557d1547686c_thumb

I live only 3 hours away in Upper Michigan! I might have to go and check this out :)

Posted by ErinM {Roar} on May 11, 2011, 10:03 PM report to moderator
170747_530882362413_208201703_31522693_980344_o_thumb

I’ll be volunteering there, so if you’re in the area, come say hi! It’s going to be pretty darn cool!

Posted by AldenF on May 12, 2011, 08:37 AM report to moderator
47_thumb
1996 Points

OMG! finally something Harry Potter related in Wisconsin! i am sooo there :)

Posted by ronlvr44 on May 13, 2011, 04:20 PM report to moderator

Damn! Two things… Why do I not live in Wisconsin and why am I not over 16 years of age! Argggghhhh! I want to go to this, it really sounds so cool!

Posted by nitaro48 on May 14, 2011, 08:03 AM report to moderator
Emilys_temp_pic_thumb

No joke! I’ve gone up to Oshkosh every year since I was born for the EAA convention!!! I’m am sooooooo going!!! @MellissaAnelli Do you want pictures at the event?

Posted by NiceOneJames on May 15, 2011, 03:10 PM report to moderator
Lily___james_potter_thumb

I bet it’ll be awesome and I can’t even go ;/

Posted by Miss Weasley on May 16, 2011, 01:58 PM report to moderator

Ron had grabbed Harry's forearm and pulled the back of Harry's hand up level with his eyes. There was a pause, during which he stared at the words carved into the skin, then he released Harry, looking sick...[br]"That old hag!" said Ron in a revolted whis

Issue 28 - Apr. 2014