Bloomsbury Poll to Find Favorite Harry Potter Character Open; Author J. K. Rowling Offers Her Choice

Books
Posted by: Edward
May 16, 2011, 12:49 PM

Bloomsbury Publishing has launched a new poll to find out which Harry Potter characters fans would pick as their favorite via this link.  Starting today, fans may pick from a list of forty characters which wizard, Muggle, or creature is their favorite character from throughout author J. K. Rowing's series.  Fans will also be able to write in your favorite if they are not listed.  The Harry Potter author herself has offered her choice for favorite character, as well.  Ms Rowling relates:

"Harry, although I believe I am unusual in this, Ron is generally more popular (I love him too, though) Now that I have finished writing the books, the character I would most like to meet for dinner is Dumbledore.  We would have a lot to discuss, and I would  love his advice; I think that everyone would like a Dumbledore in their lives."
The poll opens on Monday, May 16, 2011 and runs until Friday, August 26 2011. The winning character will be announced on Tuesday, August 30, 2011 on the UK Harry Potter Facebook page.

Happy voting!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Books News

377029_1659854834071_1768172201_813069_1187891830_n_1__thumb

sorry i didn’t double check for spelling before posting my last comment

Posted by mencia on May 20, 2011, 11:48 AM report to moderator
Flying-ford-anglia-resized-128_thumb

I voted for Ron. He’s always been my favourite ever since book one. :)

Posted by Immortal Phoenix on May 20, 2011, 04:13 PM report to moderator

Neville Longbottom win ALL!!! Luna and hermione are close though.

Posted by radishraven...WBM on May 22, 2011, 05:50 AM report to moderator

Hermione, definitely!
But Snape and Lupin were very close.

Posted by Hermelien on May 22, 2011, 06:01 AM report to moderator
Tumblr_lt4it26sr81r4ce1lo1_500_large_1__thumb

Draco Malfoy is the best :) For all who say he’s evil i have something to tell you
He was raised my Lucius Malfoy, think about it, if you were raised by Lucius how might u act around a person like harry potter, he was raised by evil and thats all he knows, he could b harry’s best friend for all we know if Lucius wasn’t evil. Keep that in mind :)

Posted by slytherinluver1 on May 22, 2011, 06:01 PM report to moderator
Omt1_thumb

Neville. The most endearing… My vote.

But THE KEY to it all is Severus Snape!

So many good choices…

OMT

Posted by OldMrToad on May 22, 2011, 08:33 PM report to moderator
Lily___james_potter_thumb

It was tough! I love Harry, but Ron is just amazing, Hermione is like my soul-sister, and I’m definatley a Ginny, Fred & George thought me how to laugh, Snape gave me lots to think about, the marauders are incredible, I love and mourn Dobby, Luna is soooo fun to read about and so is Viktor Krum. Ultimately I choose Dumbledore :)

Posted by Miss Weasley on May 25, 2011, 01:43 PM report to moderator
2qvch9d_thumb

DRACO, DRACO, DRACO, DRACO!!! I <3 <3 <3 him! It was a hard choice between him and Luna Lovegood though. I love them equally, but as a huge fangirl, I had to vote for my favourite Slytherin! Ugh, I hate Ginny.

Posted by SophieMalfoy on May 27, 2011, 06:10 PM report to moderator

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014

"Fools who wear their hearts proudly on their sleeves, who cannot control their emotions, who wallow in sad memories and allow themselves to be provoked this easily -- weak people, in other words -- they stand no chance against his powers! He will penetr