Emma Watson covers July Issue of US Vogue

Watson Interviews
Posted by: Stephanie_J
June 14, 2011, 11:00 AM

Actress Emma Watson (Hermione Granger) was recently revealed as the cover girl for the July 2011 issue of Vogue magazine.

In an extensive interview with the fashion magazine, Ms. Watson discusses what life was like balancing Harry Potter and her education, her other projects such as the ethical clothing line People Tree, and preparation for her next film, "The Perks of Being a Wallflower." The article also includes quotes from producer David Heyman, director David Yates, and co-star Daniel Radcliffe about their time working with Ms. Watson.

In time, the crew on the set of Harry Potter became Emma’s surrogate family, too. It was not just about bonding with her costars Daniel Radcliffe and Rupert Grint: Heyman’s emphasis on continuity ensured that year after year the same driver took Emma to and from Leavesden Studios, the same cafeteria lady doled out her eggs, and the same hairdressers combed her famous brown tresses. Emma grew close to the head of makeup, Amanda Knight, and would while away the hours experimenting in the makeup trailer. “That was my playground. I would sit and play with lipsticks, foundations, and eye shadows; and every now and then Amanda would let me do the extras’ face paint for the Quidditch matches.”
The entire article is available to read online and includes some fantastic new photos of the actress taken by photographer Mario Testino.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Watson Interviews News

423928_2979823569581_1081661667_32966780_333709726_n_thumb

Woh!!! She looks so different, I like that.

Posted by Gene *ROAR* on June 14, 2011, 03:24 PM report to moderator
Golden_snitch_thumb

I wish I was one of the extras!!! I swear, we are so alike…other than the fact that she is so gorgeous, we would be such good friends if she would just notice me :(!!

Posted by Emmasquared on June 14, 2011, 04:13 PM report to moderator
Raven_avatar_thumb

My how she has grown!

Posted by Won_Two on June 14, 2011, 04:37 PM report to moderator
Hermione_poster_thumb

When Emma Watson was young, she would come down to Hilton Head, South Carolina with her family. Her parents would go out and she would need a babysitter. My uncle’s neighbor would do it. One time the old lady got sick and the Watsons flew down to take care of her. she has a sweet family.

Posted by silverkacy on June 14, 2011, 06:02 PM report to moderator

love the interviews, amazing pictures

Posted by DavidTheUnready on June 14, 2011, 06:12 PM report to moderator
Neville_longbottom_showed_his_interest_in_herbology_thumb

i know this is off topic but how do i get a avatar? (sorry im new)

Posted by Dobbys-socks on June 14, 2011, 06:17 PM report to moderator

oh my…who wrote that article?? Rita Skeeter????

Posted by Giant Fairy on June 14, 2011, 06:33 PM report to moderator

Congratulations to Emma! She is beautiful on the cover! She should think about becoming a model! I really love her Burberry photos! (e.g. my avatar!) She’s so amazing and her interview is quite lovely! But, I can’t believe she wears make-up! Her face is so natural-looking! =]

Posted by . on June 14, 2011, 08:53 PM report to moderator
Tonks_thumb

I. AM. GOING. TO. GET. THIS. WHEN. RELEASED!!! I CANT WAIT!!!

Posted by sboyer06 on June 14, 2011, 10:51 PM report to moderator
Harry_thumb

She looked kind of tarted up in that first pic. That Tammy Faye lipstick job did not do her justice. But I understand she is trying out many things, so I’ll give her a pass on it. The interview was wonderful, though. And I’m glad that whole ruckus about “3 points for Gryffiindor” was explained by her. Sounds like the scandal press were niping at her heels, as usual, looking for a story. No wonder she wants to lay low!

Posted by Paskunius Senus on June 14, 2011, 11:19 PM report to moderator
Hedwig_avatar_thumb

Fascinating interview! It is illuminating to learn that being a teenager is difficult for everyone, regardless of financial circumstances. It is interesting that her rebellion was to insist on having a “normal” pattern of life, going to university at the right age and settling into the ordinary things of life and just disappearing into the crowd. Fame and fortune is obviously not what it seems from the outside, so be careful what you wish for.

Posted by Graymayne on June 15, 2011, 02:16 AM report to moderator
Happy_thumb

She’s beautiful. But unmistakable? To a person who haven’t lived in Western society (like me), she looks just as same as other actresses under the make-up!

Posted by Beatrice Jean Granger on June 15, 2011, 06:39 AM report to moderator
377029_1659854834071_1768172201_813069_1187891830_n_1__thumb

emma is a beautiful intelligent and hardworking woman. i really admire her work ethic and that she goes for what she wants in life. of the trio she is my favorite and i wish her all the success in life (which i wish for the other two as well). it was a great interview and it proves that we all have challenges in life no matter who we are, but the way we choose to handle them is what sets us apart from others. however she should learn to take time out for herself and relax as well. thank you to leaky for sharing the interview :)

Posted by mencia on June 15, 2011, 10:14 AM report to moderator
Got-hogwarts_houses_thumb

I can’t get the slideshow to advance beyond the second picture, but from what I can see, I don’t like the Vampira look on her. She looks unhealthy, like she hasn’t been outdoors in 6 months.

Other than that, props to Ms. Watson for saying flat-out ’I’m a feminist.’ I hope that all her young female fans take note. I also hope that at some point it will occur to her that obsessing over fashion and makeup doesn’t exactly make one a great feminist role model. Just because some women are able to make a living off their looks doesn’t mean that a woman’s looks are the standard by which her contributions in life ought to be evaluated.

Posted by WeenyOwl {The Human Deluminator} on June 15, 2011, 02:26 PM report to moderator
Got-hogwarts_houses_thumb

Posted by WeenyOwl {The Human Deluminator} on June 15, 2011, 02:27 PM report to moderator

"Not at all up to your usual standard, Hermione," he said. "Only one out of three, I'm afraid. I have not been helping Sirius get into the castle and I certainly don't want Harry dead..." An odd shiver passed over his face. "But I won't deny that I am a w