J. K. Rowling's Secret Street View

J.K. Rowling
Posted by: Edward
June 15, 2011, 02:00 PM

Following the completion of the seven Harry Potter books and eight films, J.K. Rowling has something new to announce. Even though this is not a new book, we have been informed it is something equally exciting.

As a teaser before the official announcement, ten letters have been hidden on the website below for you to find. To locate them you need to find ten sets of coordinates, enter them into the search box one set at a time, and take a look around.

This is the first coordinate: 42.523356,-70.890698

The rest will be revealed among nine other Harry Potter fan sites at intervals throughout the 15th and 16th of June 2011.  Find the coordinates, enter them on the site below and you could be one of the first to piece the word together.

(Please note - These letters are magic, therefore do not exist in the real world...)

Good luck to you all.

----

If you're having trouble finding the clue, simply zoom in on the map so you enter the street view!

Other sites with coordinates:

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent J.K. Rowling News

Yeah, for today the DND sign is definitely there! The family tree’s been there since the date on the time turner funnily enough =P

Posted by JoRowlingRocks on June 15, 2011, 06:54 PM report to moderator

The DND sign has been there for around a week but i took no notice of it! I should have realised it would mean something!!!

Posted by XxMariaxX on June 15, 2011, 06:57 PM report to moderator

Mark, surely you’ve seen the family tree before though? =P

This website had better be amazing after all this hype! XD

Posted by JoRowlingRocks on June 15, 2011, 06:57 PM report to moderator
Harry_potter_and_the_philosopher_s_stone_thumb

I’m so curious though—What is Pottermore exactly? And whats on the website?
I hope its amazing—if not I have wasted an afternoon tracking every little detail of this story ;P
And what are you talking about folks? Hasnt the DND sign been up all along when turned to “today’s” date?

Posted by RubeusHagrid on June 15, 2011, 06:59 PM report to moderator

Yes, now that I remember that it was from back in 2007, I remember having seen it before. In the excitement of the moment I forgot and thought that it was maybe a different family tree than had been put up before, but now that I’ve remembered about the time-turner I remember that it was the Weasley tree that had come out last.

Posted by mark_sheldon1221 on June 15, 2011, 07:03 PM report to moderator
Harry_potter_and_the_philosopher_s_stone_thumb

Pottermore also has an official Twitter!

Posted by RubeusHagrid on June 15, 2011, 07:07 PM report to moderator

Which one is it, Rubeus? There are already a number of ones that have popped up, and seem to not be legit…

Posted by mark_sheldon1221 on June 15, 2011, 07:14 PM report to moderator
Harry_potter_and_the_philosopher_s_stone_thumb

Its the one that says pottermore…lol…? I don’t have a twitter, but I looked at the trending topics google page..Its all hyped :)

Posted by RubeusHagrid on June 15, 2011, 07:16 PM report to moderator

the amount of new followers it got within minutes is amazing… lol

Posted by kali on June 15, 2011, 07:17 PM report to moderator

Do we know when the website will be open properly for us all to see? I hope it’s soon, I don’t think I could wait for a long time!!!

Posted by XxMariaxX on June 15, 2011, 07:25 PM report to moderator

Judging by the HPANA comments, it sounds like it’s about ready to launch, so I doubt we’ll be waiting too long. Plus, knowing that all the hackers in the world will now be putting their focus into figuring out what it’s going to be, I doubt that they would announce it like this very long before the official launch.

Posted by mark_sheldon1221 on June 15, 2011, 07:37 PM report to moderator

I’ve been refreshing this article to read new comments, but when I access Leaky’s front page it looks all different and the comments seem to be other ones too… what happened? :/

Posted by kali on June 15, 2011, 07:41 PM report to moderator

Same happens to me. I think maybe it may be getting overloaded by the amount of people on it. :)

Posted by XxMariaxX on June 15, 2011, 07:42 PM report to moderator

Yeah, I think they had to do some sort of emergency back up plan to compensate for the overload on the server.

Posted by mark_sheldon1221 on June 15, 2011, 07:50 PM report to moderator

Once again, Jo “sneezes” and the internet breaks. :)

Posted by mark_sheldon1221 on June 15, 2011, 07:51 PM report to moderator

"[Lockhart] didn't even [i]look[/i] at the book we wanted."[br]"That's because he's a brainless [i]git,[/i]" said Ron. "But who cares, we've got what we needed --"[br]"He is [i]not[/i] a brainless git," said Hermione shrilly as they half ran toward the li