MTV Movie Awards Premiers New "Deathly Hallows: Part 2" Clip; Tom Felton Wins for Best Villain (Updated with Video Clip)

DH Film
Posted by: Edward
June 05, 2011, 10:24 PM

Moments ago, Harry Potter actress Emma Watson (Hermione Granger) debuted an exclusive new clip from the forthcoming "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2" film at the 2011 MTV Movie Awards.  The 75 second clip features a slightly longer look at the moment where Harry enters the forest to meet face to face with Lord Voldemort.  The clip then rolls into previously seen footage from the previously released first trailer from the film.  We expect the full video to appear online shortly, and will update here when we have it. Update: You can now find the rather spoilery video clip at this link in our galleries, where you can also download it in .wmv and iPod compatible format.

On a related note, actor Tom Felton went home with the golden popcorn statue for best villain as Draco Malfoy in "Deathly Hallows: Part 1."  Many congratulations, Tom!

Stick close for further updates and video!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent DH Film News

My_hero_neville_thumb

Now that Twilight has swept the MTV awards, the Oscars are sure to follow. I hope the cast has enough room in their trophy cases. Not that I’m bitter or anything.

Posted by KB Prez [ROAR!] on June 06, 2011, 09:33 AM report to moderator
December_loadoff_087_thumb

Thanks for the links ..
And Congratulations to Tom .. Well done .. :)

Posted by Bella'love ^HISS^ on June 06, 2011, 10:07 AM report to moderator
Jenavieve_one_thumb

plz join my anti-twilight group 101 (or 1000 more) reasons twilight must be destroyed !!

Posted by AlexWeasley12 {WitchFelicis130} on June 06, 2011, 10:37 AM report to moderator
Harry_potter_seal_thumb

Congrats! I can’t watch the video because it’s an american site, and won’t let me. But I’m sure it was amazing! It’s really too bad the cast of H.P. didn’t get more awards, they deserve it! I mean come on, Eclipse Best Movie? Yeah right! Next year I’m gonna vote, (if I can, and so should all of you) and maybe we can take Best Movie! (Because come on, we all know it’s gonna be!)

Posted by Jacket on June 06, 2011, 10:57 AM report to moderator
Epjpegutil31_thumb

I liked the clip, even though I had seen parts of it before. I think the final movie looks to be an excellent one. I think Potter would win all the awards for the best seven part series to be made into a movie. It is too bad that all the movies could not be judged as a whole. I am glad that Tom won best villian as he is a good actor, but think that Emma should have won over Kristen Stewart, hands down. Hermione is a more complex character, and a lot is demanded of Emma in playing that role. Bella is such a moping twit! I would never have voted for Kristen over Emma. And I did vote.

Posted by Fresca ROAR on June 06, 2011, 02:27 PM report to moderator
Tonks_thumb

Harry Potter definatly got screwed over by twilight! everything Twilight was up for they won, I’m sorry but the cast of Twilight is a bunch of arrogant snobs. I love the Twilight books, but the movies are a joke. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows should have won over breaking dawn for movie of the year. Emma and Tom had much more class than those twilight goons. I’m sure there are more Harry Potter fans than Twilight, so why the heck did Twilight keep beating out Harry Potter? Extremely annoyed!

Posted by sboyer06 on June 06, 2011, 02:29 PM report to moderator

First time user here, but long, long time reader :)
I can understand the disappointment and anger, but…it’s the MTV awards. HP has been nominated twice, TWICE for Oscars, and several times for the British equivalent of the Oscars (I apologize for not knowing the name). That outweighs the MTV awards. Really. It means that HP has been taken seriously by the movie industry, and that’s an accomplishment for any (and I hate to use this word because I’m 37 and absolutely LOVE Harry Potter) “juvenille” series.
Now Kristin beating Emma? That’s just wrong….

Posted by hopita on June 06, 2011, 02:34 PM report to moderator
Mugsp_profile_thumb

Yeah, it’s annoying, but it’s not something important like the Oscars. I’m really hoping Deathly Hallows Part 2 gets some recognition at the next Academy Awards. That’s more important than any of these silly little golden popcorn joke trophies.

Posted by eiVega on June 06, 2011, 03:27 PM report to moderator
Raven_avatar_thumb

The only thing I enjoyed was Pattinson dropping the ‘f-bomb’… lool :+D

Posted by Won_Two on June 06, 2011, 03:41 PM report to moderator
Escudo20ravenclaw__1__thumb

Well, this was pretty awesome. Congrats to Tom, and short but sweet clip :)

Posted by cloethebelatrixlover on June 06, 2011, 04:08 PM report to moderator
Harry_potter_and_the_philosopher_s_stone_thumb

How can TWILIGHT have won Best Movie? It kills me inside _
And Best Actor…And Actress…And Kiss…And Fight….
Thank God Potter at least won something..Congrats Tom, you deserved it..
(Arguably Alan Rickman more, and Helena, but alas…)
How can Twilight fans have beat Potter fans? Its so upsetting.

Posted by RubeusHagrid on June 06, 2011, 04:21 PM report to moderator
Harry_potter_and_the_philosopher_s_stone_thumb

But, guys, at least Potter will get Oscars :)
But..really…MTV never, EVER, should be taken seriously _

Posted by RubeusHagrid on June 06, 2011, 04:23 PM report to moderator
3366855_thumb

Good ole Tom for winning. hurrah!

Posted by Luvgood84(R04R) on June 06, 2011, 04:37 PM report to moderator
Draco_malfoy_icon

CONGRATS TOM, I KNEW YOU WOULD WIN!!!:D
But such a shame Harry Potter didn´t win more, but we already knew that twiligt would win so I mean it was no surprise really, but still…
But yaaay for Tom!:)

Posted by jessyginny on June 06, 2011, 04:43 PM report to moderator
Golden_snitch_thumb

The MTV movie awards are trash, the fact that they didn’t even bleep out some of the f-bombs is a true indication.. Harry Potter is much better quality than these awards and we all know it. Harry Potter consists of classy british people, charming and humble to say the least. They know we support them 100% :)

Posted by Emmasquared on June 06, 2011, 04:58 PM report to moderator

"We're doing autographs!" Gilderoy told the Healer with another glittering smile. "They want loads of them, won't take no for an answer! I just hope we've got enough photographs!"