"Deathly Hallows: Part 2" Breaks Single Day Box Office Record

DH Film
Posted by: Mel
July 16, 2011, 07:22 PM

"Deathly Hallows: Part 2" made $92.1 million on Friday, breaking the record for single day box office gross in the US, according to the Hollywood Reporter. The last holder of this record was "The Twilight Saga: New Moon," which earned $72.7 million on its first day:

Overseas, the pic earned another $75 million on Friday for a three-day international total of $157.5 million, bringing its worldwide cume to a record-breaking $249.6 million.

By all accounts, Deathly Hallows 2 is on track to score the biggest worldwide opening of all time, beating the $394 million earned by Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince in its debut. Domestically, it's expected to eclipse the record-breaking $158.4 million grossed by Warners' The Dark Knight in its opening weekend.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent DH Film News

Neville_god_pic_thumb

I watched the movie today. Absolutely magical.

Posted by Tanderule on July 16, 2011, 09:57 PM report to moderator
Neville_god_pic_thumb

I watched the movie today. Absolutely magical.

Posted by Tanderule on July 16, 2011, 09:57 PM report to moderator

That’s awesome and the movie is amazing!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by 9em on July 16, 2011, 10:04 PM report to moderator
Hp_game_thumb

yup.. the movie was AMAZING! im happy that it made more money than twilight..cause I HATE TWILIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by HProx101[ROAR!] on July 16, 2011, 10:07 PM report to moderator
Daniel-radcliff-how-to-succeed1-240x300_normal_thumb

AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Twillight there you are… hahaha

Posted by HalfbloodPrince08 on July 16, 2011, 10:17 PM report to moderator
Hl002-1allinye_thumb

Boo ya Twilight… w

Posted by jedisakora on July 16, 2011, 10:46 PM report to moderator
Shaw__4__thumb

God, I love to see it beat Transformers 3 and Pirates IV.

A film with true heart and drama.

Posted by HogwartsForever on July 16, 2011, 10:54 PM report to moderator
Petunia2_thumb

Heck yeah! You go, HP! It’s getting great reviews, too :D

Posted by Mad But Happy on July 16, 2011, 11:18 PM report to moderator
Hogwarts_dementor_thumb

Ah Yeah!

Posted by HIFireWhiskers58 on July 16, 2011, 11:55 PM report to moderator

Not at all surprised! Already seen it twice! As I’m sure many others have done as well! Glad to have contributed to breaking the record! I am going into mourning however. Can’t believe it’s finished! I’m 25 years old and I guess I finally have to grow up…..Nah! Harry Potter Forever!!!!

Posted by SamKamHPFan on July 17, 2011, 12:01 AM report to moderator
Tumblr_mhtdm2xtoo1r5souzo7_250_thumb
20981 Points

Yes, you go Harry! Suck that sparkly weirdos! XP Harry Potter forever!

Posted by LunaLuver on July 17, 2011, 12:28 AM report to moderator
Images_thumb

wow………. go HP!!!!!!! I really hope it breaks all records out there.. and I’m planning to watch 2 to 3 times…:)

Posted by vandy[FTC] on July 17, 2011, 01:37 AM report to moderator
May12003_thumb

well avatar is the modern day record, the movie with highest alltime gross adjusted for inflation is actually gone with the wind, with adjusted gross comes in at 2.8 billion, accounting for inflation

Posted by potterball on July 17, 2011, 01:49 AM report to moderator
Hp-trio-dhx_thumb

Go HP,Go HP!
Already saw it three times,and I’m certainly going again :)

Posted by xxIBelieveInNarglesxx on July 17, 2011, 04:17 AM report to moderator
Timeturner2_thumb

saw it yesterday and OMG i loved it. :-D

Posted by mariakingsford on July 17, 2011, 04:40 AM report to moderator

"Oh, why don't we have a night off?" said Hermione brightly...[br]"Are you feeling all right?" Ron asked, staring at her in disbelief.[br]"Now that you mention it," said Hermione happily, "d'you know... I think I'm feeling a bit... [i]rebellious."[/i]