Upcoming Projects for the Harry Potter Cast

HP Cast
Posted by: Mel
July 17, 2011, 06:57 PM

A new, brief article summarizes what some of the Harry Potter cast - as well as director David Yates and J. K. Rowling - will be moving on to now that the Harry Potter films are finished. Here are what just a few cast members will be doing:

British comedian Robbie Coltrane [Hagrid] will retire the robes of Potter’s lovable giant comrade to take up the role of Lord Dingwall in Pixar’s upcoming “Brave,” alongside Potter co-star Emma Thompson (Prof. Sybil Trelawney, the seemingly absent-minded Divinations professor).

Harry Potter’s beau Bonnie Wright [Ginny Weasley] will be breaking from the Weasley family and hitting the books with the upcoming film “The Philosophers,” about a Jakarta international high school philosophy experiment. Wright is moving into her third year studying film and television in London.

Additionally, J. K. Rowling has been quoted:

"I'm writing, and I've done quite a lot since finishing Harry Potter," she said at the "Deathly Hallows: Part 2" premiere to MTV News. "I think I always felt I didn't want to publish again until the last film was out because Potter has been such a huge thing in my life,” she told BBC News. “I've been writing hard ever since I finished writing Hallows, so I've got a lot of stuff and I suppose it's a question of deciding which one comes out first. But I will publish again. In a sense it's a beginning for me as well as an end."

You can read about what some other cast members are doing here.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent HP Cast News

Petunia2_thumb

Well then, JK pretty much just said “no more Harry Potter”. I know she said she might make the Encyclopdia, but she might just be putting that into Pottermore. We’ll see, I guess!

Posted by Mad But Happy on July 17, 2011, 07:56 PM report to moderator
Picture_6_thumb

YAY she’s writing!

Posted by Emily [ROAR] on July 17, 2011, 08:03 PM report to moderator
100_4747_thumb

Looks like they are moving on to fun stuff.

Posted by HarryLover on July 17, 2011, 08:20 PM report to moderator
Herbdcdr_thumb

I’m sure going to miss ‘Hagrid’!!! I just can’t look at Robbie Coltrane now as anyone else…I know it’s a bit mad, but….he’s HAGRID!

Posted by SproutMdme (OoM4,GS,CW) on July 17, 2011, 08:40 PM report to moderator
Daniel_radcliffe__rupert_grint__emma_watson_harry_potter_and_the_deathly_hallows_movie_image_1_thumb

why didn’t Harry repair his wand in the movie? I’m not letting this go…….

Posted by crikeyhunter on July 17, 2011, 08:48 PM report to moderator
Hp_game_thumb

ya.. i was really mad at that. they also skipped that part where (when harry was looking at Snape’s “memories” in the pensieve) snape was the one who did that doe thing and also when snape had that idea of the 7 identical potters.. all that wasnt in the movie either… :( :(

Posted by HProx101[ROAR!] on July 17, 2011, 10:11 PM report to moderator
Owl_thumb

@crikeyhunter I was thinking the same thing! And go bonnie!

Posted by farewell_fred on July 17, 2011, 10:12 PM report to moderator
Owl_thumb

She’s writing again? WHOOOORRRAYYY!!!!!

Posted by farewell_fred on July 17, 2011, 10:14 PM report to moderator
Severus_x_2_thumb

@HProx101, Snape did cast the doe patronus in the Pensieve memories – it was quite clear. You see Snape casting a doe, and shortly afterwards you see Harry going towards the doe patronus in the wood. But you are right, we didn’t find out that it was he who thought of the 7 Potters (and hence of course the reason why he’s apparently betraying Harry at the start of DH1). But I think perhaps they didn’t want to get into the whole business of Dumbledore’s portrait telling him what to do. I think it would have detracted from the mood – in the film. Similarly with the wand-repairing thing. For somebody who has just been watching the films, the nature of Harry’s wand has not been built up to be that big a deal – indeed we have seen him being apparently quite happy with Draco’s old one. And Ollivander’s still around to make him another nice one if he so wishes. In the film. We still have the books!

Posted by Valeria-Johanna on July 18, 2011, 01:39 AM report to moderator
Wig4_thumb

YAY she’s writing!

Posted by Fleur-de- Lily on July 18, 2011, 03:52 AM report to moderator
Snape_and_hermione_in_grey_by_usagistu_thumb

I hope to hear more cast reports about what they are doing in the future.

Posted by Bara on July 18, 2011, 04:50 AM report to moderator
Movies_ootp_premieries_imax_001_thumb

Jo is writing again………….. OMG wonder what they might be.

Posted by Azaad Potter The Chosen One [ROAR] on July 18, 2011, 05:31 AM report to moderator
Hpphotoshop_thumb

We all knew she was writing because of her twitter but it’s a shame it’s not Harry Potter but she is giving us Pottermore and who knows? Maybe we’ll love her new books as much as Harry Potter. I hope she has the fantasy genre in her new books since I love fantasy books and she’s good at writing them :D

Posted by Calum Wilson (RuneDream54) on July 18, 2011, 05:42 AM report to moderator
Images_thumb

Wonder what her new stuff will be like….

Posted by GryffindorSlytherinTeen on July 18, 2011, 05:48 AM report to moderator
December_loadoff_087_thumb

Loved the article .. Almost everyone is doing something new, except Phelps Twins .. That’s sad :’( .. But Tom Felton is doing alright .. 4 movies to go ? dang !

Posted by Bella'love ^HISS^ on July 18, 2011, 07:08 AM report to moderator

"Now, Mum," said Fred, looking up at her, a pained look on his face. "If the Hogwarts Express crashed tomorrow, and George and I died, how would you feel to know that the last thing we ever heard from you was an unfounded accusation?"

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014