"Deathly Hallows: Part 2" Breaks Opening Weekend Record

DH Film
Posted by: Mel
July 18, 2011, 06:58 PM

"Deathly Hallows: Part 2" has broken the opening weekend record, earning $169.2 million this first weekend of its release, and surpassing the previous record holder, "The Dark Knight," which in 2008 earned $158.4 million the first weekend it was in theatres. You can read, in more detail, about "Deathly Hallows: Part 2" box office earnings here.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent DH Film News

first comment!!! anyway that is TOTALLY INSANE!!!!!!!! but awesome! :)
Posted by ginnyweasly25 on July 18, 2011, 07:30 PM report to moderator
A_mouse_digital_painting__anahita_____the_other_me___by_aty_s_behsam-d5p8l5n_thumb

second@

now, YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYY!!! :D

Posted by Maxtina Potter (Aty) on July 18, 2011, 07:50 PM report to moderator

NOW I have to go to sleep; I just woke up to check Leaky and pass out again! O.o

Posted by Maxtina Potter (Aty) on July 18, 2011, 07:51 PM report to moderator
C58fa320cc8111e280a722000a9e28dc_7_thumb

This is truly AMAZING!! Now I’m just scared the Dark Knight Returns will have a comeback.. :/

Posted by jammjcpotter on July 18, 2011, 07:59 PM report to moderator
Daniel_radcliffe__rupert_grint__emma_watson_harry_potter_and_the_deathly_hallows_movie_image_1_thumb

why didn’t Harry repair his wand? I’m not letting this go… I need therapy….
Awesome movie though….saw it twice!!!!

Posted by crikeyhunter on July 18, 2011, 08:10 PM report to moderator

I only saw it once this weekend, (I was supposed to see it twice) but, I am going to see it again tomorrow. With a notepad to scribble down the inaccuracies I am irritated about. However it was a wonderful movie overall.

Posted by anotherweasleyrealitive on July 18, 2011, 08:16 PM report to moderator
Daniel-radcliff-how-to-succeed1-240x300_normal_thumb

Amazing!!!!!!!!!
present for twillight

Posted by HalfbloodPrince08 on July 18, 2011, 08:22 PM report to moderator

Hi HP’s Followers!

Please find a little and modest app for android phones, to keep HP universe in your pocket!

- Read and remember the events of each of the 7 volumes!
- Learn from the last HP’s news (movies, JK Rowling surprises, …)
- Visualize the best picture of Harry and pick one into your wallpaper!
- Discover the UK places where HP movies were shot!
Please feel free to make any suggestion to improve the app!

TO DOWNLOAD
Type:
Harry Potter Fan App
Or Click on:

Price: 1,49€ / ~2$ / 1,10£

Posted by 1prod4 on July 18, 2011, 09:07 PM report to moderator
Tumblr_loxhxnpc7a1qjbryso1_r1_500_large_thumb

Of course it did… :)

Posted by MissingHedwig on July 18, 2011, 09:29 PM report to moderator
Potter_thumb

Harry Potter didn’t just beat the Dark Knight – he destroyed him!! <—say it like Cornelius Fudge

Posted by gaminette [GTFO!] on July 18, 2011, 09:34 PM report to moderator
Hl002-1allinye_thumb

In the words of Ron “Bloody Brilliant” ^^

Posted by jedisakora on July 18, 2011, 11:40 PM report to moderator
Harry_potter_and_the_half_blood_prince_1__thumb

Am i the only one who thought the ending wasn’t that good? For my brother that hasn’t read the book, it looked as if Neville defeated Voldemort. Also, i thought that the movie ended without giving you enough lines or i don’t know enough emotional gratification for you to come out of the movie feeling satisfied. It just ended.

Posted by chanman on July 19, 2011, 12:12 AM report to moderator
Harry_thumb

its unquestionable…
but its really the book that gave me so much satisfaction,the goose bump factor…:)
chanman is right..sorry,but the ending is not what the lot of hp fans wants to be,just like me.
it just ended
right here ,right then.
but of course..its one of the greatest stories ever told..and movies ever showed
long live Harry..:)

Posted by andrei augustus on July 19, 2011, 01:03 AM report to moderator

Agreed. I confess myself, dissapointed. What happened to the Deathly Hallows? Wasn’t that the title of the movie or something? They spent all that time setting it up perfectly in Part 1 only to completely ignore it in Part 2! What happened to Harry Potter: Master of Death, Possessor of all three Hallows? The invisibility cloak was all but non-existant. If they hadn’t used it in Gringotts, I would have thought he didn’t even have it anymore. But LOLS on the just pretending they set up the mirror properly…
OH and Tonks and Lupin’s child? NEVER announced, but somehow Harry was still able to talk to Lupin about his son…. I don’t know where they learned about Harry Potter, but they seem to have missed a few crucial lessons…

Posted by pottermate on July 19, 2011, 01:23 AM report to moderator

oh yeah, and YAY breaking records!!! I’m actually very proud, whatever the many faults of this particular installment are.

Posted by pottermate on July 19, 2011, 01:25 AM report to moderator

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014

"An' they haven't invented a spell our Hermione can' do," said Hagrid proudly, making Hermione go a brilliant shade of magenta.